New Year's Resolutions

Shamitako

Because we all know the peer pressure will get to us for about thirty seconds before we remember that nobody actually cares

Don't say your resolution is to not have any resolutions, that joke is old and annoying >_>

I have resolved to do something productive tomorrow, because I can't focus on anything for longer than that

oh no... I haven't even thought about something like this and I've had all night. 

I guess I've been thinking about smiling a lot lately. I made a bit of a resolution about a month or two ago to just smile more, and I think I'll just cop out and carry that on as my resolution.

A stray smile can make someone's day and that's good enough for me. :)

• Support Squad

I mean not setting arbitrary resolutions is a genuine thing people believe in, not quite a widespread contrarian prank as you seem to believe. 

My new years resolution is 4k 60fps goodness.

Incredibly enough I followed through on my new year's resolutions from last year, though it wasn't like I set them really high or specific. My goals were - get stronger and feel better, practice better hygiene, stop torrenting. I followed through on the first and last of these, though unfortunately I still need work on the second one.

So to that end - I don't see the necessity in radically new goals -- I'm going to be practicing better hygiene, working out when I feel like it and not letting myself be a slug, and treating other people as I wish to be treated.

Let's see...

When I attempt to make New Year Resolutions, I forget about them in a week or so. I guess it being the New Year isn't a big enough incentive for me.

Personally, I find "IT'S ALMOST NEW YEAR" a greater incentive. :P

Anyways, I guess here is a list of things that I'll do this year.
- Finally learn RPG Maker / Unity
- Make a Platformer / RPG and put my ideas into practice. \o/
- Not suck.
- Be less insensitive.
- Upgrade my lacking grammar.

- Upgrade my ability to write a decent post in RPs.

- Finally get the tier 2 GEPT certificate (I'm pretty sure that I can ace the exam, but I kept forgetting to attend it).

- And generally, step closer to my dream.

10 hours ago, Felix- said:

I mean not setting arbitrary resolutions is a genuine thing people believe in, not quite a widespread contrarian prank as you seem to believe. 

My new years resolution is 4k 60fps goodness.

Not having a resolution is perfectly fine. It's specifically the joke of "resolving to not resolve" that's overdone

I don't know if it's just me, but I think my resolutions are sad.. Still I guess it's something I need to do anyway..

Be more happy

Work out more

Abuse less when talking to people

Try and be more friendly and sensitive (I don't know when I stopped being friendly :()

Didn't realise but this is my 1400th post.. Yay me!! Part 1... Check!!

Oh, I like this topic! I've made my 2017 resolution in September 2016.

The reason is because I finally found what I want to be. I've decided to become more optimistic, more action, more social interaction, and more learning!

I don't like reducing my current self. People might say I'm perfect as what I currently am. But that's not what I want to be.

What I want to be is definitely NOT what I currently am. So I have to keep changing, keep adventuring, until I found the self I want to be.

I used to avoid risk and stay in my comfort zone, but that's not going to happen now. There's no fun with standing still!

I enjoyed this game so much, that means I like exploring stuff in it. I tried to keep beating gym leaders even if they have to kick my butts several times, that means I don't easily give up. I love this game, but I hated reality. That's why I fail to do this in my life.

But I'm done with hating things. I want to learn how to love what I like properly, whether it's people, work, etc. Maybe in that way, I'll be able to think my life is actually pretty fun!

I don't have definite plan for this year, but I do have resolution! Every time I see a chance to do it, I'll do it!