Draw My OC/Characters Contest: Ended

Dylanrockin

1 minute ago, Dylanrockin said:

Yup, I made sure to do that! If you have a png version of the picture I can upload that one in it's full quality, since you sent me a jpg version.

Let me see where i can upload it and i send it to you by pm, since the attachment space is limited xd

10 hours ago, Dypatome said:

Sorry, I'm going to have to pull out of the competition. 

I'd love to submit, but school and studying keeps getting in the way so I haven't had too much free time lately.

It's all good, no worries. I know how you feel, since school, this semester, has been intervening with my game development process and I am extremely far behind schedule, because of it. But, it's not too big of a deal since there will be another contest, sometime during the summer and next time there will be some new additions, in terms of prizes :)

As an aside, I just feel like showing off this, because I feel it relevant to this contest topic XD

copdy_v1_18smallsigned_by_thedarkgateway

7 hours ago, Masquerain said:

Hello, just dropping by to say I'm still alive, but submission will probably come closer to the end cuz personal stuff

That's totally fine. I pushed back the due date to being the 12th, and having the judging date be on the 13th, due to school getting in my way of judging times. Also Spring Break will be right around the corner then, so that makes it easy for me and the others to judge.

10 hours ago, RPD490 said:

Might take a bit of time, assuming I can get my drawing muse going.

Well there is only 7 days remaining, and for those on here who did say they were entering, it's best to get it taken care of as soon as possible, than to wait until the last minute where there isn't much time remaining.

Since one of my friends doesn't have a Reborn account/doesn't use it, I'm going to post her submission here. It's not finished yet, but I am posting it here on her behalf, which will be finished soon:

asdfasfe.png

This is a submission from user: Arryx-Kulon

68b0c4ccf99a1ddada70307db1fa6c22-db1i5ia

Edited by Dylanrockin

56 minutes ago, Masquerain said:

Hello, it is I.   Totally not lastmoment or anything, but hey, midterms suck.   Entry and stuff:   (Yeap, I know you're sick of sunsets by now but who can deny that they're the most beautiful??????????????? )

http://fav.me/db25ibw

It looks great! And it's in her special place, which is even better! I was actually expecting Vivian or something from you XD

17 minutes ago, Dylanrockin said:

It looks great! And it's in her special place, which is even better! I was actually expecting Vivian or something from you XD

Maybe in another time

Maron just had something about her that makes one want to draw her

1 hour ago, Masquerain said:

Maybe in another time

Maron just had something about her that makes one want to draw her

I sent you a submission request on the Groups Page to submit it to the contest folder, if you saw that by chance.

And yes, there is something endearing about Maron, I feel as well XD

Side note: for whatever reason if you don't want to go onto my Groups Page gallery and view all the submissions, I posted them all on the main page of this forum post for you all to view.

Edited by Dylanrockin

15 minutes ago, Dylanrockin said:

I sent you a submission request on the Groups Page to submit it to the contest folder, if you saw that by chance.

And yes, there is something endearing about Maron, I feel as well XD

I accepted that I believe (or so it says) 

Maron kind of makes me wish she was a playable character. Already pretty high-placed on my favorites list and her design is probably in my top favorites too ( apart the hair since I usually tend to prefer long hairstyles, but this suits her anyway)

..or I'm just a sucker for shorts under skirts 乁( ´-` )_/¯

Welp, time is now up, and for those of you who planned on submitting your, well, submission, I'm afraid there will be a next time for you in August. For now, though, the judging process will begin, and you will see the results of the top 3 winners and the rest who didn't make top 3 will be able to request being put into the game as a named NPC that can be battled/conversed with. However, I will not put in someone's username, but rather their first, actual name. I'm not really all too keen on having a game where everyone has a first and a last name and then there are just rando people with bizarre aliases running around.

That said, your alias/online handle will be put into the game's credits, as a compromise, alongside your actual first name.

There were a total of 11 submissions, which is pretty darn good for a first, ever contest that I've held. The next one will be held on August 20th, 2017 and there will be significant rule changes to accommodate it, however the prizes will be much better along with raffle prizes with placings going up to 5th place ^^ The next one will also be thematic. What will be the theme? That's for you all to find out, when I announce it ;D

Thank you all who joined the contest, as it was really fun seeing all the unique takes on the characters and their personalities in various situations. I hope you all look forward to the results of the contest, and for those of you who don't place, don't feel bad, because there is always next time and there will be spots for up to 5 places in the next contest. This whole, first contest was merely a demo, a pilot if you will, to test the waters and see how people would receive it, and so far it went as well as I had hoped and then some. The next one, you can expect to be bigger and much harder, since there will be a threshold that MUST be met, before the contest ends.

I will be posting a video thanking everyone who participated, as well as announce the winners there!

Edited by Dylanrockin

So, after a whole day's worth of judging, we have concluded that the places should be as such:

3rd place goes to liliebiehlina3siste and her entry for: Symphonic Horizon - Main Cast

symphonichorizoncontest_entry_by_liliebi

2nd place goes to ArryX-Kulon for her submission of Team Ladies:

team_ladies_by_arryx_kulon-db1i5ia.jpg

And 1st place goes to :iconThe-Elusive-Caravan: for her submission of (CE) Helena : Infinity Altitude - Extended Dawn. Also I really love that title XD Sounds like something I'd make.

_ce__helena___infinity_altitude___extend

Once again, thank you all to those who participated, and I'm sorry if you didn't place. However, as I mentioned before on August 20th, 2017 I will hold another contest, so be ready for that, when it rolls around ;D I will be contacting those who placed, and I will compensate them accordingly. Thank you all, once again, and I'm grateful to everyone who participated. If any of you have questions feel free to let me know, and for those of you who did at least participate, shoot me a message about where and how you'd like to be put into the game as a cameo appearance. Whether it be Trainer battle or saying something random for whatever reason XD