[IC] TTG Chapter 3: Gluttony

Shamitako

"!"

Kagari heard the sound of Hiroki's voice and quickly flipped her pillow over her head, pressing her face down into the bed.

"~~~~~~"

What was she doing here?! Did she come to shout at Kagari? To scold her? To break off all ties?!

"Mmmmmmhhhh..."

A despairing voice was muffled by the bed.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiroki's initial response to Kagari's behavior was a small and vaguely confused-sounding noise. After slipping off her shoes, she padded forward a couple steps on stockinged feet. "Um. . . Kagari. I wanted, um, to talk. If, um, that's okay." She looked down, to the side, essentially at everything but right at Kagari and her moaning into her bed. (At least it wasn't the kind of moaning Blink had anticipated.) "I just wanted, um, to figure out what happened in, um, that match. . ."

Kagari turned her head to her side, away from Hiroki, and mumbled a reply.

"I mean, you weren't attacking me seriously, and just throwing down my weapon wouldn't have gotten any favor, and we were just standing there and the audience was getting bored and I knew that I had to attack you to try and attack me and I couldn't do it at first and then I did it after but I never meant to hit you and I knew you would dodge..."

She buried her head back in her pillow and mumbled through it.

"If faff fe nly fin I cul' fin o'" (It was the only thing I could think of)

Blink

The train rattled slightly as Hiroki and Kagari talked. Suddenly a tiny goddess popped into existence and slammed into one of the walls of the room. She stumbled backwards, grabbing her nose as she fell to the floor on her back. A swarm of foul curses spewed forth from her. After a moment she seemed to recover, although she stayed on the ground clutching her nose. "Stupid asshole train can't handle a little bump." she said, apparently an attempt to explain what had just happened. She hadn't yet picked up on the fact that she was interrupting a rather emotional moment. She couldn't quite tell whether or not any molesting was happening with her ears ringing and her nose momentarily incapacitated, but she figured it would be pretty obvious if it was, probably. "Anyways, uh, nothing untoward going on here, right?" Blink realized a bit belatedly that she hadn't really figured out what she was going to do if Kagari didn't do anything to Hiroki. It felt rather awkward to show up, smash her face into a wall, and leave again.

Hiroki was about to reply when Blink's entrance nearly caused her to jump out of her own skin. After an entirely undignified flapping of her arms (that probably would have resulted in things being thrown at Blink had anything been convenient), Hiroki replied to both of the other women in the room. "Um, no, nothing, um, untoward, I think. . ." She frowned. "So you, um, were just trying to help?" She wasn't sure whether she bought it or not. It hadn't felt much like it was supposed to be a feint, but Kagari did have a point; Hiroki wasn't likely to have attacked seriously unless she felt threatened. At the same time, trying to sidle up to her just to get an advantage made all too much sense. "How do I know you aren't lying?"

Blink

After confirming as best she could that Hiroki would be fine, Blink left her and Kagari alone to work things out. She still had a little hope that Hiroki would consider her earlier offer, but she wasn't going to be upset if it didn't work out. Amelia was fairly certain none of this was going to work out, all these plans and schemes, it had gotten out of hand. Someone was bound to fuck up and then everything would go to hell. Unfortunately, Blink couldn't do anything about that. The only other god that didn't resent her was Bear, and he agreed with Seeker's plan. There was still a chance though, if Nil showed up in the middle of a tourney fight, Blink would be totally justified in beating the shit out of her. Sure if she lost it would be world ending, but Blink would simply refuse losing. It was a little risky, but Blink hadn't gotten this far without risk.