How do i defeat Ciel?

BurningToTheLast

Ok, so as you can probably see, i'm having a hard time beating Ciel in Pokemon Reborn.

My current team is Greninja, Ampharos, Noivern, Scrafty, Ursaring, and Arcanine.

My team is capable of beating every one of her pokemon- Except for the Mega Altaria. My bulkiest pokemon is definitely Ampharos, and its getting freakin' vaporized by a field boosted Hyper Voice, which none of my other pokemon except for arcanine can survive, plus the mega altaria has earthquake, so Arcanine gets blown back too. Greninja and Noivern outspeed it, but can't do nearly enough damage to take it down.

help me please

I have a level 65 beartic in the PC, but I'd really rather not train it to level 75, and theres still the high possibility that hyper voice ohkoes it. i used up my last focus sash at the ditto-arceus incident.

Any suggestions?

1270acaebc7085cff2501b9857ce6c92556fae14

Sounds like u defo need a different mon to take it on. Ice types are good against her whole team, especially if they know ice shard or are just fast enough to outspeed some of her team. Beartic is pretty slow unfort and would probably die to Hyper voice like you said. When I took her on in my last playthrough I had a Sturdy Golem and Weak Armour Vanilluxe, at levels 70ish (cant remember exactly), if you wanted to try either of those, you can catch their pre-evolutions around the mountain close by, but I don't think you can avoid putting in the effort to train another mon, sorry.

Sounds like u defo need a different mon to take it on. Ice types are good against her whole team, especially if they know ice shard or are just fast enough to outspeed some of her team. Beartic is pretty slow unfort and would probably die to Hyper voice like you said. When I took her on in my last playthrough I had a Sturdy Golem and Weak Armour Vanilluxe, at levels 70ish (cant remember exactly), if you wanted to try either of those, you can catch their pre-evolutions around the mountain close by, but I don't think you can avoid putting in the effort to train another mon, sorry.

I got lucky. Ursaring critted the mega altaria with thrash. I feel happy and guilty now. Happy bc i won, guilty bc i made this post too soon. >.>

Thank you for your help though, good to know there's help on deck when i need it.

Best option for you is to paralyze it or use light screen. Charge ampharos can take a hit with one or two special defence boosts set up. Just use it to thunderwave and maybe even cotton guard set up if it fears her other pokemon. Ampharos is one of the better set up mons in pokemon reborn for this reason being able to raise special and normal defence and paralyze it's opponents.

(Guess I was too late.)

Edited by Eldon

Scrafty and Ursaring won't be very helpful I'm afraid. However, you can find fast ice types in the post Agate area that will make things easier; I'm thinking of Sneasel and Froslass notably. Both are frail but can pull their weight for this fight.

A very good option to consider vs Altaria is Magneton/zone. Its Flash Cannon will make short work of the birb. This is valid only if you already have a Magnet in your pc, since you can't go back...

Anyway you'll prolly have to grind a bit. Good thing Clown Indra is there to help ;)

Edit: ninja'd by your victory.

Edited by Alistair

I got lucky. Ursaring critted the mega altaria with thrash. I feel happy and guilty now. Happy bc i won, guilty bc i made this post too soon. >.>

Thank you for your help though, good to know there's help on deck when i need it.

You are very welcome =)

Yes, like SpinningCrane1 said, Use Stealth Rock, some air balloons and/or quick claw if you have some. A good fairy or electric mon could also help for some of her pokemon. Good luck with it, took me quite a while too to beat Ciel.

edit: woops guess I'm too late too. But maybe it helps other people :)

Edited by jnsvda

I have almost similar lineup to you.
Trust me when I say this, Get ICY WIND on greninja, the tutor move is outside agate circus.

Use Ampharos to bait out all her potions on Togekiss (I believe togekiss deal the least damage of her pokemon, Ampharos can easily tank that)
Save your greninja til Altaria, then spam Icy Wind on it. Easy Gym. (iirc, Greninja also deals with her other pokemon quite well.)

Edited by thedeath245

For sure, Greninja outspeed everything Ciel has. I had Icy Wind/Hydro Pump/Extrasensory/Whatever. Use Extrasensory on Togekiss, she use Focus Blast (because you started the fight as Water/Dark she try to use a SE move). Either she waste all her potions on Togekiss or she gets 2HKO'd. Archeops get OHKO by Hydro Pump, same for Talonflame. Both Noivern and Gliscor get OHKO by Icy Winds due to 4x weakness to ice. Then her Mega Altaria will probably end up killing your Greninja but not before getting damaged and slowed by Icy Wind, making it easy for your other pokes.

I haven't gotten up to that point myself, but considering that Ciel's a Flying type gym leader, sounds like having either a Steel or Rock(especially) type would help out, I mean unless she's got something with her pokemon to counter them like Fighting or Grass. Though, you did mention that the Mega Altaria has Earthquake which could be a problem.

Aggron or Gigalith would be a fine choice to have in your rotation, in my opinion, but of course it's up to you. Solrock/Lunatone could also be helpful since that eliminates her from using Ground.

Edited by Aurorain