[IC] Books, Dreams, and Bleeding Things

Shamitako

"I guess you're right..." she muttered, still rocking. Frozen, huh? not surprising at all, given what she could do now. "but anyway, I guess I only have one last question. Let's see just what's going on here... where are you from? What's your name...?" she... shuddered at the last question, as if something evil were just lurking nearby, hungering for either of them to dare reveal that specific bit of information so it could spring and do... god knows what.

"N-never mind on a name, telling me where you're from should be enough...." her hope was that either the supposed hometown of the other teen would be a place she recognized, or alternatively never heard of in her life... given dreams were merely the random firing of neurons as one slept, at least according to the lecture from Dr.Kraus years ago, and were essentially just flashes of assorted information from memories being taken out of the short term section of the brain and engrained into the long term, often culminating into strange scenes and scenarios of completely fictional nature... well, her mind could only use the information it had acquired between the last slumber and this one or already had access to... right? maybe...?

it was a better hypothesis than nothing, she supposed. Of course, there was a major hole in it; it only held any water if the girl said a name or town or country that she'd never heard of before... if she did happen to be real, and did spout something Rei knew...

perhaps this wasn't such a sound way of telling after all. But again, better than nothing.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ciri froze for a moment. "I-I get the feeling I shouldn't say my name... a... title? Comes to mind though. 'The Plant Girl' or something. I guess it makes sense." she waves her plant-arm. "Where I'm from? New York. Why?"

Edited by Twinwolf

"... well so much for that" she sighed, turning and beginning to walk down the lone path through the wall "nevermind, it was a dumb idea. I thought if maybe you said some outlandish place I'd never heard of it would help to figure out what's going on here..." New York though, interesting... the hub for immigration into america, a symbol of the west's diversity, statue of liberty and all that. Her father had mentioned a few things about employees stationed there before, a lot of them apparently, but she didn't have much idea as to what or who had hired them out or what they were guarding... not that that was important right now, as she focused on the situation at hand.

"Anyways, let's just forget about who's real and who's not for now. I got a real bad feeling about that black stuff...shouldn't stay still for too long around it."

As soon as Ciri transferred her attention fully to the creature, it turned towards her. It shuffled forward slowly, a yellow glow emanating from the top of its blobular shape. It was still too far away to make out exactly what it was, for the moment it was just a black husk with a yellow glow. At the rate it was moving, it would take some time to reach the girls. But a prickling sensation on their necks told them they would have to go out to meet it. The Black had spread partway into the shaft they had just left and was creeping ever closer to the jagged opening they had smashed through.

"I got a bad feeling about this..." Rei muttered as she watched the top of the...thing begin to glow in the distance. Wasn't like there was any other path though, and like she said... staying put for too long wouldn't end well from how the Black stuff made her feel just by being in the same general vicinity. She took a glance back at the other girl and nodded hesitantly, before continuing along the road, eyes cautiously tracking the strange figure...

"let's... keep the pace even for now, I guess. Walk just fast enough to keep that black stuff good a ways behind us, but slow enough that we don't end up right on top of that thing either. I don't think we have much of a choice but to get closer and somehow past it, if we wanna get out of here."

"You sure? I get the distinct feeling that the black stuff is worse for us than that thing..." Ciri said, keeping pace with the frozen girl. "If it tries to do something, let's repeat what we did with the wall, alright?"

Edited by Twinwolf

The Unnoticed Girl

Calm down, Latens.....

Maybe this was a puzzle. And unlike the previous location, there was....slightly more space, or at least places to search, from the narrow path to the ceiling, which, despite Latens' size, was relatively easy to reach;maybe there was something there, hidden somewhere that she needed to find.....and the subsequent screech seemed rather convincing of her notion as well....

Knowing she had little time to waste, she scrambled her hands across the floor, forcefully pressing her palms against each section to see if there was anything there, before gathering her strength and leaping upwards, extending an outstretched arm towards portions of the ceiling as well......

The black creature was getting closer, already it was discernible that the yellow glow was coming from what could be considered its eyes. And further, it was now clear that there were not only the one, but three of these slow moving monsters.

~~~

The ceiling proved too far for Latens to reach and when she landed she slipped and nearly fell onto her stomach, her arms hanging off either side of the narrow path. The Black now encompassed more than half of the room she had come from. Another screech echoed, it seemed to be coming from around the corner of the room's outer wall, where the ledge was

The Unnoticed Girl

Nothing there, she thought, more distressed at achieving nothing with her frantic endeavor. The screech resounded at a more precise place now, but it was the one risky place she could not reach -- the distant ledge across the corner. It was right and very convincing that something was there -- but would she actually take the risk?

The shades growing ever closer, she slowly walked across the path nearing the outer wall, not intending to give up as she hoped she'd find something there......she would jump only if driven into a corner.

For just a moment, Latens thought she saw something white up against the Black in the room, but if it was there, and she really wasn't certain, it flew back out through the wall before she could tell for certain what it was. No screeching came from around the corner, so she couldn't even tell if the white thing was the same as the screeching thing

The Unnoticed Girl

What was that? A midst of moving white against the black shades? Could it be related to the screech she heard? It disappeared too quickly for her to know.

Continuing her desperate search along the path, she fixated herself on the particular wall that she assumed where that glimmer of white disappeared, where the ledge was. She didn't know if her notion was entirely correct, but that was the next piece of the puzzle.....one too far too reach, or would it be best if she prayed for a miraculous, successful jump over? She struggled to calm herself on the narrow path, not wanting to look down as she let her hands do the work, only looking back to trace the progress the black influence that continued to haunt her....

The Black was now covering 3/4ths of the first room. The creature that escaped through the wall was nowhere to be seen, and there was silence. Latens felt a sense of urgency, soon she would be forced to progress down the narrow path.

The Unnoticed Girl

The room became silent again. There was something there, she knew it; the path became progressively difficult to balance on while trying to feel any presence now, and the shades were coming closer.

It resounded, but would it respond? Focusing on crossing the path more than feeling the path this time, she continued with more loud pleas for help, hoping that another sound would respond that would give her more information.

The black creature was getting closer, already it was discernible that the yellow glow was coming from what could be considered its eyes. And further, it was now clear that there were not only the one, but three of these slow moving monsters.

"...I'm beginning to get the sense that there is absolutely no way we're getting past these guys without a confrontation, and I'm not sure they have mouths so I don't think talking is an option..."

Rei stayed silent for a moment, as she watched the things draw even closer. She'd honest been beginning to think the same thing herself, at this point. She'd been worried enough about where the situation might head when there was just one of em. But there was no way she'd risk letting three get close enough to do anything, which... something in her gut told her they probably would if given the chance. Even if they did feel like a far more neglible concern compared to the living ink behind them.

"yeah... guess it comes down to this then. Get ready..." as soon as those very words left her mouth, her eyes shined with silver radiance as the aura of cold lept off her body and surged right for the three figures just down the way, cloaking the path in frost and stealing the very color and life out of the air as it closed the distance...

Rei's frost pushed against the black creatures, and they began to ice over. But it was a slow process, they continued forward. The one in front pulled back slightly, and then lurched forward, flinging a pair of black tentacles down the hall towards Rei. It smashed into and through her gut, a shocking white pain spreading through her body. The tentacles then began to retract slowly. They pulled out of Rei, ends coated in White. The wound they left healed instantly, but there was so much White blood it still ran down her body, pooling on the floor before being absorbed by the color. The cold retreated from the hall back into her, freeing the monsters to continue attacking

~~~

Latens heard another screech, and this time the source was clear. A misty white creature appeared right in front of her. Its face was covered by messy grey hair, it's body was a sheet of white with two thin white arms extending out, a soft yellow glow extended from under the hair. It screeched again and began to slowly float towards her.

The Unnoticed Girl

Latens was immediately taken aback by the sudden appearance before her, the mix of relief of another's presence and the shock of something so eerie within her sights, advancing toward her slowly and rather creepily. This....thing, whatever it was -- was the source of the screeching. She knew not if it would be an additional threat to the already creeping darkness.

"W-Who are you?" She murmured, as her body slowly vanished itself partially out of fear again.

The floating creature was undeterred by Laten's disappearance from the visual spectrum, it simply continued to float towards her. When it was within arms reach it reached out and shoved her. It wasn't a very powerful shove, but on such a narrow path it was still enough to make her wobble. The seemingly endless drop to either side of her threatening to take her life if she were to slip. As soon as it touched her, the creature disappeared and she heard a screech from behind her.

The Unnoticed Girl

Drat, why was this....thing, whatever it was trying to make her fall? Why were all circumstances against her at that moment? She quickly secured herself on the path after the freaky spectre had attempted to oscillate her, temporarily relieved that it had disappeared after the failed attempt.  She darted immediately behind her as for the umpteenth time a screech resounded, unsure of what she would see.....

The creature floated slowly towards Latens again, its thin white arms reaching out for her. Its slow, almost wobbling way of moving was disorienting, making it feel as though it were simply enlarging itself as it crept ever closer. The black from the room was beginning to pill out onto the path, also threatening to chase Latens down. The path was too long and too narrow to run for safety, there wasn't even any way to be certain of safety at the end, and it was certain that the teleporting creature would be able to push her off before she reached it, assuming she didn't simply trip and fall

The Unnoticed Girl

Latens was now pit into a corner, but she could not risk the jump. From that distance, it seems too far -- much too far, and any attempt would be more confirming of her demise than her current situation. Not would her invisibility aid her in this situation. 

But which path would she go? All she knew was that she had the ability to turn invisible, which, quite frankly, did not stop the spectre nor the shades of black from relentlessly pursuing her. But deep down inside, she felt something, instinctively and intuitively, that she was capable of something more....but she didn't know what. How could turning invisible aid her in such a situation? She decided to test the extents of her hidden capability and see how it could activate -- it made sense that she had some form of ability that transcended and defied the laws of solid matter. Something unseen. She could hide her presence but not her senses. Did it possibly work the other way around? Or was there something more to it? All these thoughts scrambled within her amidst her hastiness and nervousness, adrenaline surging within her but now knowing what to do with it.....

But she could do this. It was the best thought she could have on her mind right now, knowing that she had something up her sleeve, but something she didn't know what or when it would make itself clear. She chose the debatably lesser of the two evils amidst that Scylla and Charybdis situation, slowly heading towards the specter with newfound resolve within her. 

I can do this, she reminded herself as she slowly, but steadily crawled, trying to maintain her balance on the path, towards the specter.

Edited by Noir

Latens moved towards the creature, and it towards her. She felt strange touching the floor. It was there, solid, and yet not, as though one misstep could send her falling through it. The creature was upon her, it reached out... but its arms passed right through her. It halted, seeming momentarily confused. Latens started to pass through it physically, a slight chill passing through her where the two being overlapped. Then the creature teleported slightly in front of her once more. It floated forward, but something seemed different, its misty white body seemed like it was slightly faded. It reached out again, and this time it was able to touch Latens, shoving her and causing her left leg to slip off the edge. It instantly disappeared again, and Latens once more heard a screech behind her.

(OOC: The Wraith turned intangible, intangible things can touch other intangible things. In case it wasn't clear.)

The Unnoticed Girl

...She went through it. 

Thankfully, she had been given the chance to discover the extent of her ability, that she assumed was the ability to turn intangible....it was a risk turning intangible, however, for it would pierce her right through the path and plunge her to her downfall. Struggling to keep her balance after being shoved again, the creature disappeared and she heard another umpteenth screech. There seemed to be a sort of pattern behind the appearances of the wraith, the sounds, and everything else in the circumstance...or at least she presumed there was.

What now? She turned again to face the sound, only wanting to entertain its attentions only momentarily before she would further progress on the path with her newfound knowledge.