If you had to play Reborn with only 1 type what would it be?

PedroHenrique

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, what is the most difficult type to do a monotype run with?

Rock has to be one of the harder ones if only due to the fact it has five weaknesses that are all VERY common in the game(Fighting, Grass, Ground, Steel, Water). My limited mono rock run taught me everything has either a grass or a steel move so it was very difficult to get around some of gyms. Hardest gym was probably Shelly. Why? Wormadam. Having no fighting or fire moves ya...That thing was a little bit of hell. It IS very possible to do as I have finished the current episode and I'm excited to start it up again with the next one.

Probably would go steel, I would have to use Empoleon as my starter but that wouldn't be too bad. Other pokemon such as Aggron, Magnezone, Bisharp, Skarmory, and Bronzong/Metagross would be a fair setup imo. Empoleon if fast enough can counter the ground weakness, Skarmory can set up and try countering fighting types, which also falls to Bronzong. Bisharp sucker punches anything psychic or ghost, Aggron is a good defensive wall against anything without ground or fighting moves, and Magnezone with sturdy and thunder wave makes you worry less about big threats like Arceus. Ferrothorn would be an amazing type to to wall against ground types and anything not fire.