-Imperials or Stormcloaks?- Skyrim

Aurorix

Imperials or Stormcloaks?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Imperials or Stormcloaks?

• Imperials
    • Stormcloaks

The thing is though, the empire has just finished a war with the Altmeri Dominion (a nation of Wood- and High-elves) and a possible second war may be looming on the horizon. Therefore if you help Skyrim secede from the empire, you will actually help elven-kind by weaking the empire for the upcoming war.

So you may want to do the opposite, if your reason for helping wanting to help the empire was to help your elven brethren?

You know, that would be true, if the thalmor weren't nazi elves.

That said, Imperial for life.

I'm chilling with the Imperial legion because Windhelm disgusts me on a personal level and i can't do my boy Jarl Balgruff like that. Besides I'm pretty fond of the lore and basically this whole war is being dragged out by the Thalmor and we can disagree on what faction we like best but we can all agree on the fact that Elf Nazi's suck.

Stormcloaks are racist, why would a Breton join a group that wants you out?

Now the Imperials I only joined cause in my headcannon my character went on after killing the emperor, oops? to fight the 2nd Aldmeri war to defeat them and blablabla lot of stuff happened that I can't really write here with the current time I have left let's just say that my Breton OC and his OC child are strong and win the war then raid the Summerset Isles so the High Elves never recover

So ye, LET'S GO ROMANS!

headcannon

DO you suddenly have artillery growing out of your head? Should probably get that checked out. It's not exactly natural. ((canon as in canonical, not cannon as it "ARRR ME HEARTIES, ARM THE CANNONS OR YE BE SLEEPIN' IN THE BRINY DEEPS"))

On topic, kinda? I always play Argonians personally, cause I prefer to play weird stuff when I'm allowed the option. ((cause the other races are pretty standard fantasy faire so... it's just BOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING. Why not go for the unique options?)) Though, I did play an Orc Mage once, The glorious epic of Sparkles McLightinghands, Orc Mage extraordinaire.

as to whoever pointed out the one in FO4... I can't really speak to how it goes in FO4 since I couldn't even get past like 6 hours of that game it was just not what I was lookin' for at all ((FO4 is basically a Shooter that's masquerading as an rpg and pretending to have the depth of an ocean when in reality it's just a kiddie pool.)) Honestly, I think Fallout New Vegas did it a lot better ((and hell it was still flawed but everything is.)). New Vegas only really makes you make solid choices like when it won't really bust the game for ya. And... personally I think it's a lot easier to pull off that whole faction think in post apoc worlds than it is high fantasy like Skyrim. Post Apoc you kinda expect everyone to be a shithead cause society has for the most part broken down. People don't really have any way to maintain law, and those that do can easily be fanatical and rule very unjustly. It's just easier to pull off shades of grey in a world where Civilization has died.

In Skyrim it feels more forced, like they are trying to fabricate that grey to make there be a lot of undesirable traits in both sides but they only really exist for the sake of existing. ((like my earlier mention of the opening sequence.)) etc... basically itjust feels very... counter to the idea of the choice like these things jsut exist to make that choice seem "harder" or have an emotional impact... or do something but it just falls flat on it's face cause it does it in a very hamfisted and unclever way.

Really it's a choice that's meant to have impact for me personally at least, it has... 0 impact cause there's no reason my character would really care. They don't even come from Skyrim, so what do they care how it ends up being governed? There's just no stakes there... which makes the impact the choice is supposed to feel like it has feel very moot and non-existent to me. Like, the other sideline quests work because they focus more on a personal level. They align with goals or things you want as a character. They have personal stake, raising through the ranks of the society you've joined etc... there's a sense of progression but one of the progression of your character.

There's kinda some in the I vs. S thing as well as you capture more cities etc... but only really like small details change about the world and they are pretty static and minuscule. Unlike the progression that directly effects you in the more flesh-out side quests. You get the minor world building and world changing effects but alongside getting shit like the nightingale armour... or half the cool magic doodads you find from the Mage Guild quests etc... and not only do these quests do that they lead you to find cool shit in the world you might not be otherwise lookin' for.

Like you run into all sorts of shit at large in the Mage guild quest. HELL YOU FIGHT ONE OF THE DRAGON PRIESTS DURING IT. ANd one with a decently mage related mask too if I recall. You also find one of those three brothers that drop one of the three pieces of that amulet that gives +30 hp, mana and stamina. The guild quests are jsut so muh better tied to the world because they aren't tied to locations that you can basically fast travel to right at the beginning of the game ((provided you just go to the nearest carriage and pay to go there for the first time.)) Because a lot of the quests are taking over small forts etc... or very scrpited locations... most of the quests for the army quests make interesting in the moment set peices but once you move on your way you entirely forget about them cause they are jsut.... insubstantial.

Anyway, I've gone on long enough lol. I jsut think honestly, that the Imperial/Stormcloak questlines are probably amoungst the worst quests in Skyrim. They are just poorly thought out and rather throw away distractions. ((in an open world game where there's plenty of those, this questline is somehow less memorable than like... the random fetch quests. I remember those, but I couldn't tell you what half the missions for the Stormcloak/Imperial ql were. The only one I can remember is Whiterun, probably about the only truly interesting moment in the questline... which is honestly a lot lamer from the protect Bulgruuf side of things if I do recall..))

to be fair, Ame, the elves are the biggest asshats in the whole game. If I remember not much since it's been so long, I remember meeting that elf down in the mines. And that's how I learned that some characters the game won't let you kill and that for some you can but after certain quest stuff. Dunno if he was one of 'em.

I always seem to go Imperials, I just basically detest the Stormcloak's treatment of outsiders, and I believe that a system of government can be modified more efficiently than the devout opinions of a prejudiced people.

Though thinking about it, Stormcloaks being ruled over by Imperials won't change their opinions of outsiders... but a government shouldn't be formed by man prone to racism...

I just like Imperials, okay?

Only reason why I like the Thalmor is because they have cool robes and operate discreetly, a lot like Team Meteor (Seriously, you guys can see the similarities, right?). Operatives and all. Unfortunately, since we can't really join the Thalmor, I just join the Empire, but like I said, this time around, I MIGHT go third-party and infiltrate both sides to be High King myself (I am just WAITING for that mod to make its way to the consoles!)

It's been so long, I really don't remember all the reasons and who was really doing what. Except that the Imperials made a really bad impression at the start, so for the rest of the game I enjoyed wiping out their camps singlehandedly. Followers are for scrubs. They die too much and mess up any stealthing.

But I got the remastered edition for PS4, so I'll probably update this thread.

So for some reason it has me running with Hadric instead of the stormcloak guy I'm pretty sure the game had me run with the first time. This guy is pretty nice.

But screw those torturers. Killed that guy after Hadric went around the corner. I might go Imperials this time around.