trick room team?

Pluto

any suggestions for a wonder room team, for pokemon currently available? i'm thinking

Slowbro/slowking/reli could be the setter 1, one hand reli is far more offensive but slowbro/slowking gives me water coverage

Camerupt should probably be the mega for it. [special sweeper]

Dusknoir could be setter 2 (i don't know if evolite is in the game or else it would be dusclops) [wall]

Hariyama with Guts/Machamp with no guard [wall/physical sweeper]

so i got a

psychic and or water

Ghost

Fire/Ground

Fighting

Edited by Pluto

Escavalier with his astounding 20 base speed would effectively be one of the fastest pokemon in the game in trick room.

how could i forget about muh boy escavalier, ty. gives me bug and steel coverage, hmmm maybe my last pokemon should also be a trick room setter.

EDIT: btw i read a old post dating back to 2013 saying that trick room is currently broke, is it still so? i assume its fixed by now.

Edited by Simon

Haven't used it in a while but I don't believe there's anything wrong with it. There's also an item in e16 that is tailored for trick room, can't quite remember.

*just a note to avoid double posting, its kind of a faux pax (dunno if I spelled that right) instead just edit your post.

I think there's other super slow pokemon like shuckle that can boost its defense during that time and turn one of your tanks into something nigh unbreakable.

btw i read a old post dating back to 2013 saying that trick room is currently broke, is it still so? i assume its fixed by now.

Gonna guess Trick Room is fixed because Radomus' strategy revolves around it and he was added post-2013

*just a note to avoid double posting, its kind of a faux pax (dunno if I spelled that right) instead just edit your post.

faux pas

Re: subject I'll put my vote in for Slowking. Also I don't think Cameruptite is yet available

For every problem ever, first ask yourself this:

Does a Magnezone solve it?

You'll find that the answers are always either 'yes' or 'it wasn't such an important issue anyway'

Joking aside, Magnezone is perfect for a TR team. Fairly slow, especially with a negative nature, great power and a miraculous typing that resists almost everything in the game, and it learns its best moves via level without the need for TMs. Magnet Rise and Charge Beam only add to the utility, and while Sturdy can save you in a pinch, Analytic goes well to punish switches or boost your power outside of Trick Room.

Bronzong is another noteworthy presence, with excellent resistances and access to several support options while retaining the ability to hit decently hard.

You should use Shuckle for maximum trolling ;) But in all serious, Contrary with Shell Smash, Infestation, and Rest works really well.

contrary reverses stats so that would reduce my attack, special attack and speed but increases special defense and defense.

contrary reverses stats so that would reduce my attack, special attack and speed but increases special defense and defense.

Shuckle's attack and speed is non-existent and as far as I know, it hardly really attacks to inflict damage (bases of 10 in the offense and 5 in speed make this obvious, right?). Trick room would make it move first, Shell Smash would raise its absurdly high defenses at the expense of non-existent offense. As far as I know it usually uses moves like Toxic, Wrap, Infestation, etc to inflict damage over time and relies on recovery via Leftovers/Rest.

I can't say in how far Shuckle is useful in a trick room team (or in any team to begin with), but this should be the idea behind it. Without Toxic it is probably missing some of its firepower, though (but could be used with other support moves, probably).