So, I tried to mess with a Glaceon...

Gh0stStark

... And now I have frostbites all over.

My cousin lent me his notebook quite a while ago and it had Photoshop installed. I got curious, started to mess around with Glaceon's sprite. Eventually, the sprite became something else entirely. Very little of Glaceon was left, there are a few noticeable mistakes and some hints of laziness (lol) but I still find the results kind of cute and cool, so I decided to share them with you guys.

Here it be:

post-65185-0-29277000-1476721075_thumb.pngpost-65185-0-08637000-1476721077_thumb.pngpost-65185-0-70350700-1476721077_thumb.pngpost-65185-0-77421000-1476721078_thumb.png

It's a mix of a few iconic animals that live in colder biomes:

The long tail is reminiscent of a fox's or a wolf's;

The increased size and slender build was made using liepard's sprite as a reference, but there are no felids built like that in northern places, so I think I could say it's build is more akin to that of a coyote's (long legs, slender neck, less bulk than a wolf, + the tail);

As for the ears, I kept the standard fennek/hare-like ears so common among eevee and it's evolutions;

Those "spikes" or "feather-like" protrusions: I felt like adding them, and I think they made it look rather stylish; my fondness of Okami might have played a part on my adding that that too... who noes.

Feel free to share your thoughts, and if you don't like it please don't throw me banana peels, tomatoes or used underware. I have feels.

Edit: A few more:

A more dragon-like Salamence (I got pretty lazy doing the backsprite of this one so, sorry for that):

post-65185-0-72434700-1476750047_thumb.pngpost-65185-0-20971400-1476750048_thumb.png

A slightly different Garchomp (mostly an edit on the already existing):

post-65185-0-17745100-1476750224_thumb.pngpost-65185-0-84865300-1476750224_thumb.png

A recolored Braviary:

post-65185-0-71087500-1476750388_thumb.pngpost-65185-0-52770800-1476750389_thumb.png

And my favourite, and the hardest one to do:

post-65185-0-55057400-1476750612_thumb.pngpost-65185-0-84665000-1476750612_thumb.pngpost-65185-0-59350800-1476750611_thumb.pngpost-65185-0-29176400-1476750612_thumb.png

Edited by Gh0stStark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

You sir, Have talent.

In terms of unique looks as a fake-mon 10/10, i won't point out the obvious, But you should do more of these if you can, scaled down a little of course so the pixels are normal size. Never the less, Well done man, thats skills.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the nice words guys.

You sir, Have talent.

In terms of unique looks as a fake-mon 10/10, i won't point out the obvious, But you should do more of these if you can, scaled down a little of course so the pixels are normal size. Never the less, Well done man, thats skills.

^ I downloaded and checked it. The pixels are the same size as the original sprites's, but the drawing itself is bigger.

I have a few more sprites here, but since some of those weren't introduced in the game yet, I don't know if their positioning is OK, and I don't think some look that great. I'll upload them to the initial post, though. Feel free to share your thoughts.

If anyone feels like putting the sprites in the game, they're welcome to do so.

Thanks for the nice words guys.

^ I downloaded and checked it. The pixels are the same size as the original sprites's, but the drawing itself is bigger.

I have a few more sprites here, but since some of those weren't introduced in the game yet, I don't know if their positioning is OK, and I don't think some look that great. I'll upload them to the initial post, though. Feel free to share your thoughts.

If anyone feels like putting the sprites in the game, they're welcome to do so.

Yeah, i realized shortly after i have my font size and stuff slightly larger, so the sprites and pixels look slightly larger too, that was my bad xD scaled down to normality i have no comments of improvement, as you state yourself which ones may look iffy on the eye, but tbh they all look awesome man. I'm a pixel artist myself so i can see every last detail youve edited from the originals. Keep it up man i'd love to see more of these! and the mence is quite possibly my favourite, it looks so much less derpy than the original haha.

• Upvote 1

Hey, they are awesome! Love your tweak with Glaceon which turn it into completely different Pokemon. That Hydreigon is also fantastic although I'll appreciate it more if all three faces are shown in the front sprites. Now I want to see more of your stuff *o*

I'm thinking about doing something with talonflame now... or kyurem. I mean, ice dragons are supposed to look cool (sorry), not weird like kyurem does, and talonflame looks a little too round. I don't know where to start with any of those though. I don't even know if I'll do them, but thanks again for the appreciative responses. You guys rock.

• 2 weeks later...

Glaceon 2.0 is beautiful, I love the original but I never understood why it didn't seem to have fur. I like how this one seems like it could actually be found in cold climates in real life.

My only thing with Hydreigon would be if the head that's turned away in the front sprite is still turned in the back so it looks like it's listening to its trainer commands with one head and keeping its eyes on the opponent with the other two. I do like this version more though, when I heard that there was a hydra Pokemon I was picturing something like this, not... Sock puppets.

As for Kyurem, I do agree, I don't think he should be able to stand with legs placed like that.