Do Pokemon in the Anime/Show/Games Eat Each Other?

SurrealBeetle

Meat is meat. End of story.

As Luffy would say

Bears are herbivores mostly, so their meat is not terrible to taste.

The only meat that is outright horrible, is meat from carnivore mammals.

Though since pokemon reproduce with eggs, referring to any of them as a mammal, is wrong. Even if the pokedex says it (i think i have seen it somewhere).

Edited by DemICE

Meat is meat. End of story.

As Luffy would say

Bears are herbivores mostly, so their meat is not terrible to taste.

The only meat that is outright horrible, is meat from carnivore mammals.

Though since pokemon reproduce with eggs, referring to any of them as a mammal, is wrong. Even if the pokedex says it (i think i have seen it somewhere).

Isn't a platypus considered a mammal, even though it lays eggs?

I have always thought Yanmega to be quite badass, it's apparently a beast too. I have to doubt a dragonfly going for bears for food though. Don't bugs eat other bugs mostly?

I doubt that Yanmega would evolve it's ferocious ability if it was only hunting bugs. Combees and Yanmas aren't the most vicious prey, are they?

Isn't a platypus considered a mammal, even though it lays eggs?

i guess... apparently in order to be classified as a mammal, an organism does not nessesarily have to directly give birth to their young, rather, it has to be nurturing them with milk after they are born.

• 1 month later...

So guys.. now that Sun Moon is out with a myriad of new pokedex entries... we can talk about the brutality of Alola's nature

The most prominent example given to us is even recited during the game- Toxapex and its brutal hunt of Corsola that ended up having to be preserved. Its dex entries about leaving a trail of Corsola branch bits lacks not in savagery either

Then we have Weavile's new entry:

They dwell in cold places. This Pokémon's main food source in Alola is Vulpix and Sandshrew which they carefully divide among their group

Vulpix and Sandshrew from Kanto moved to the snowy mountains in order to avoid predators .... apparently they just found a new one on the snowy mountains

There are plenty more brutal dex entries in SM though

8 minutes ago, DemICE said:

im starting to like Alola more...

Dig into the new dex entries

Araquanid - It delivers headbutts with the water bubble on its head. Small Pokémon get sucked into the bubble, where they drown.

Palossand- Buried beneath the castle are masses of dried-up bones from those whose vitality it has drained.  (not savage at all)

Mareanie- It plunges the poison spike on its head into its prey. When the prey has weakened, Mareanie deals the finishing blow with its 10 tentacles.

Golbat- Sometimes they drink so much blood, they can't fly anymore. Then they fall to the ground and become food for other Pokémon.

Not much to do with eating but, brutal nonetheless:

Sandygast- It takes control of anyone who puts a hand in its mouth. And so it adds to the accumulation of its sand-mound body.

Bewear- This Pokémon has the habit of hugging its companions. Many Trainers have left this world after their spines were squashed by its hug.

Tsareena- Its long, striking legs aren’t just for show but to be used to kick with skill. In victory, it shows off by kicking the defeated, laughing boisterously.