Melia and the protagonist

Chrixai

Hey guys! SukaiChris here! I am rather curious to know something about Melia. Like she seems to hold the protagonist in high regard and a lot of trust for us and I don't quite understand why. I mean she really seems to trust us more than anyone else. Like almost or more than Venam or Kamon, maybe. I mean we only met her once in the first episode of this for a like maybe an hour or more not entirely sure and yet she really trusts us above all else even when we saved her once. Like in version 6 she said "I trust you the most (player). Because no matter what I am, I know you will be by my side." I am not saying that it's not important in the game because Melia is one of my favorite characters but still. I mean why is it that she relies on us the most? I know we are pretty important in the game because of the prophecy of light, but why is it that we are so important to her? I have played and beaten version 7 a few times and version 8 once, but I am still a bit stumped on this. Any thoughts?

Note: I am new at this, so sorry if something similar to this question was answered.

Edited by SukaiChris

• Global Mods

The scene has been changed, but it was explained in V5 and V6 after the meeting with Crawli about Valor Mountain. Around the others she feels like she has to be a leader all the time, but around you she feels like she can just be herself. I think this is because she met us before all the business with Team Xen started so we started as a friend to her, whereas the others who were in our group at the time (Valarie, Adam, Aelita, Braixen) came later through a common enemy in Team Xen.

The scene has been changed, but it was explained in V5 and V6 after the meeting with Crawli about Valor Mountain. Around the others she feels like she has to be a leader all the time, but around you she feels like she can just be herself. I think this is because she met us before all the business with Team Xen started so we started as a friend to her, whereas the others who were in our group at the time (Valarie, Adam, Aelita, Braixen) came later through a common enemy in Team Xen.

Oh I think I see what you mean. Because like you said before the whole Team Xen thing, we saw the real Melia and not the leader Melia when she has to be leader since she may not be taken seriously when she acts likes herself right? :o