Civilization VI Discussion & Speculation Thread

Simon

With the game set to come out on October 21st, I just wanted to make a thread to see who will be playing it and a place to discuss the new leaders/game mechanics/engine and other aspects of Civilization VI.

Also, if you are getting the game and would like to play Multiplayer when it comes, add me on Steam.

As a huge fan of the civilization series (though i have no played in a while) I am interested as to what Civ 6 brings to the table. there has been some controversy as to the different art style they have compared to Civ 5. To be honest, it isn't that bad, and i do like the vibrant colors the art style has. (Plus, that whole thing where the fog of war is a map is really cool) I will point out, that the leader art in civilization 6 is ridiculous. I know its supposed to be a comical look, but it just makes the leaders look like Disney characters.

As for game play, I do like some of the changes that Civ 6 has. Instead of just making the hugest city everywhere and condensing everything into one tile, I like how it forces you to manage how you use your tiles around you with the different provinces. It also encourages you to find more diverse places to found your new cities, as different tiles have different perks to them. I don't like how they are implementing roads, I don't like how i have to be at the mercy of a merchant to place where the roads go, I want full control of where roads get placed so i don't get blindsided by an opponent player or a barb.

So these are my opinions right now, I haven't covered all the topics, because i haven't watched or heard of all the civ 6 news yet.

I dont like the One unit per tile thing that has been unique to the Civ series lately, so i haven't really been motivated to play civ recently. I will get this game for sure, but not at launch. I want to see what other people think of Civilization 6

Doubt I'll be getting it this year. Even if it turns out to be the best game of this year.

I usually avoid getting games on launch unless I really enjoyed the previous games(Monster Hunter, Danganronpa('s steam ports), and XCOM come to mind). And because I don't have that much money to throw around.

Though I am interested in this game and hope that the whole limited stacking thing Firaxis do with this game means that they are learning from their mistakes in 5.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll probably wait a few months since I rarely buy games when they are released.

But since I liked Civ5 a lot it will only be a matter of time I guess. Depends when I have time again to to play a while. Stupid work.

If you get it before I do let me know if it's good Gin-san!

While the visuals have kind of left me with an astounding level of disappointment (except for the leaders; they look pretty good), I have to say that I am still interested in this whenever it'll drop. I know the release date was announced but I can't recall what it is for the life of me. I'm just hoping that they'll be able to redeem themselves after the very underwhelming Civ: Beyond Earth title.

While the visuals have kind of left me with an astounding level of disappointment (except for the leaders; they look pretty good), I have to say that I am still interested in this whenever it'll drop. I know the release date was announced but I can't recall what it is for the life of me. I'm just hoping that they'll be able to redeem themselves after the very underwhelming Civ: Beyond Earth title.

The offical release date is for October 21, but they have given access to certain reviewers and YouTubers to build hype, highlight the next features, coax reluctant buyers into buying it when it comes out, ect. You can always look up Civ VI playthroughs/content on Google or Youtube and see if it redeems itself in your view.