Newbie here - Need Help please :(

Artemis

Hi guys, i just started the game today

i see we can pick from 18 different starters

I just want your opinion as to which one is the best one to pick?

If i'm not mistaken there's mega evolution in this game

so i was thinking maybe one of Gen 1 starters?

Please help

The best starter that everyone agrees is Blaziken! It can sweep most fights and makes the game way easier than it is.
Mega evolution is in the game, but we currently don't have access to mega ring. Don't worry though, in the next Episode (update) it will be available but I don't think we will have access to any of the starters mega stones...
If you want a good starter I'd say choose either Greninja, Infernape or Serperior. These are the most solid starters behind Blaziken ofc :)

As of now Mega Evolution is NOT available for the player. however we can find Megastones already in areas late in the current game.

THE BEST Starters are arguably:

Torchic with Speed boost -> as a Blaziken learning Bulk Up and having speed boost makes setting up relatively easy and then Sweeping with it becomes a cake walk, most of the time.

Froakie with Protean -> great Speed and verstility because of Protean! -> facing of against Electric or Grass Pokemon? - switch your type to something that doesn't gethit supereffectively.

Chimchar with Iron Fist -> Speed not as good as Greninja or Speedboost-Blaziken, but higher attack power, and with Iron Fist boosted Mach Punch and elemental Punches from Move Tutor (or breeding...) a very strong and versatile option.

also very good is Contrary Snivy once it learns Leaf Storm it becomes a special-sweeping machine!

later in the game, you can obtain selected starter-pokemon through in-game events (like Squirtle, Chsepin and Totodile) - a full list of Optainable Pokemon is here:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/game/obtainable.html

Edited by Cepheus

Hidden abilities work like normal abilities in Reborn. If you soft reset for a starter it may has its HA. In case you alredy pick your starter and came with Blaze/Torrent, there is an item called Ability Capsule that changes the ability to the next one. There are a few hidden in the early game and you can buy as many as you want later on.

I think it was

EV / IV

EV you gain by training - maximum is 25x (x = something 2-6 ... I'm no expert in this matter)

IV is the potential of your Pokemon - the higher the better - maximum is 31

ideally you want 31 IVs in as many stats as possible (don't try to get it at all stats it would be [near] impossible)

but this is all competetive aspect, and I don't know how well you know it... I'm not an expert

The EV max is 252 for each stats

one pokemon can only have 508 EV (iirc)

For Starter, choose what you like, but if you want to breeze the game, Speed Boost Torchic is some pokemon you might want, Froakie might be a good choice (cuz Protean) but Froakie is lacking good level up move

best starters: torchic for speed boost, froakie for protean, and chimchar for iron fist, snivy for contrary to sweep in later the game.

notably also good starters. charmander for later, piplup for later.

my starter was chespin. I clicked it first by accident, and it was shiny with a neutral nature, so I kept it and got starters from events. my favourite combo was leech seed and king shield.

Edited by Jmanultrax1

All the starters are viable, the first 4 gyms are all easily countered by pokemons you can find in the wild making your starter choice not important. Obv some make it easier but its quite possible with all of them

Edited by Xrada