Regarding the Demon Gyarados and possible other similar situations in the future

Lord C

Is there a problem in the case I am beaten by it? Or is it similar to Reborn's lvl 75 Garchomp, in which victory is actually necessary for the far-off future true ending?

I also heard it awards me ''karma points'', would I be able to replenish the amount I would get should I beat it?

If you get beat by the DEMON Gyarados first time, you can fight it again later on by returning to Goldenleaf Forest from Goldenleaf Town side. It will have higher levels, but it should be manageable then.

If you get beat by the DEMON Gyarados first time, you can fight it again later on by returning to Goldenleaf Forest from Goldenleaf Town side. It will have higher levels, but it should be manageable then.

Well, I actually luckily (emphasis on luckily) managed to beat him just now. Interesting to see that there would be another chance later for me at it

About karma points, I remember it being mentioned that help requests give them out now, but I don't think anyone knows what they're actually for. It's probably for something in the future (maybe contributes to a better game ending?).

I was thinking it would be a gauge of sorts, oscillating should I do bad or good things. I didn't see it in my profile, so I thought I would have to unlock that thing somehow later