Get my Team ready for Ep16

Prof_Eichel

Hey comrades

Edit² Ep15 done, build Team for E16 Post http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21824&page=#entry557170'> #11

€: new problem in Post # 7

big fan, small question:

I'm Pretty new to Pokemon reborn, started playing like 3 Days ago and managed to get 3 Gym badges

however i have no idea what/how team to build, i stopped playing pokemon after 3rd Gen (not sure if i fastplayed some gen 4 on a emulator though). so i hardly know the newer ones and i have the feeling those are more common than gen 1-3.

+ soo many options and pretty balanced not like "catch lvl 5 Abra+ pikachu" and then just onehit stuff ^^

So that are the ones i got atm:

8h9ljufq.png

experimented a bit with weepinbell, but got rekt all day long. granbull's close combat's pretty strong, but the rest of it seems meh. Mahikuita has always been one of my favs of Gen3, however is it usefull when my Blaziken is fighting type too?

I'm planning to get a Magneton(should get one really soon, or?). guess this would make the pawniard i got from the mystery egg not very uswfull(+ evolves not untill 52). Floatzel seems to be kinda underwhelming too, but i think its better than the panpour i used before. The swoobat has proven itself pretty useful, however with Unzefant i already got a Fly Type and Gothita already a Psycho, so yeah..

atm i'm hunting for a bunnelby near the 3rd gym, however i also got a phanpy/donphan and shouldn't a donphan be much better than diggerby? sure, its a bit slower, but has much better atk+ def stats and equal moves?

guess half of the questions are retarded, but atm i simply just dont know what to do^^

Edited by Prof_Eichel

My personal opinion on the matter: First off, try to have as much type variety in your team as possible. Try not to have multiple Pokémon of a type in your team, unless you challenge a Gym and you think it's beneficial.

Now, let me go a bit into detail. Remember that it's just my opinion that I pieced together when experiencing this game for myself a while ago.

1.) You should totally get a Magneton. It's one of the best Pokémon you can possibly have.. at least that's how I feel. ^_^ (Sturdy, ftw!)

2.) I'd bench the Swoobat and would keep using Gothita as my Psychic type. However, that's just my personal preference.

3.) Floatzel? I'm sure there's better water types available. It's not all that good. Especially when playing a game that is designed to be hard. It's one of those Pokémon that evolve early and lose a lot of viability later on.

4.) Combusken (Blaziken) is a beast and probably the best starter you can pick in both Rejuvenation and Reborn.

5.) Unfezant.. the generic normal/flying type. I suppose you can keep using it. But I'd recommend that you pick up a Zubat or a Golbat. According to the Trainer Memo, I found mine at Lvl. 33 on the Azurine Islands. And it hasn't failed me ever since.

Well, I might also add that I didn't play much Pokémon lately and only played it again because Pokémon Rejuvenation's Version 8 launched. I suggest that you don't heed my suggestions just yet and wait for other people to give their opinions on the matter. I'm just trying to help, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't listen to other people, too. :ph34r:*Waiting eagerly for Episode 16*

Anyway, I hope that you have a lot of fun with your playthrough of Pokémon Reborn. See ya.

zbS91Pj.png

Don't criticize me for that moveset. I know it's terrible.

Edited by Lagspike

Combusken, Magneton (yes you'll get it soon), Donphan (make sure you common candy down to level 18 after evolving it to grab knock off), and Swoobat (assuming you have simple and calm mind) are all great pokemon. Something that I can personally recommend as one of the best pokemon I've ever used in the early game is Stoutland.

I highly suggest for a full 6 members team (aside the classical suggestions like Magnezone, wich is bae):

-Emolga (Jasper Ward), Electro Ball+Nuzzle is awesome.

-Bisharp, train that Pawniard because Bisharp is incredibly useful.

-Swoobat, because it has access to Simple and Calm Mind.

-Blaziken, for obvious reasons.

-Donphan, follow Sheep's advice on Knock Off.

-Honchkrow, you'll have to wait and fight the 5 Gym to evolve it but trust me if you're lucky enough to have Brave Bird on it is amazing. You can catch Murkrow at night in Lapis ward if you choose to side with Team Aqua. It'll have a random Egg Move at the start so just catch it, see the move and if it isn't BB just soft reset and catch again until it has the move you want.

thanks for all the input folks

so atm im re-grinding my donphan @ Beryl Graveyard after teaching it knockout and lookin if i might get a bunnelby. So im training at daytime and haven't seen one. what are the chances to get one? iu guess below 1% ?

+ any recommendations for a water Type? Or is water not needed that much?

have a nice day!

€ Donphan got up to 34 now, very strong! :D

Edited by Prof_Eichel

Bunnelby is rare yes. I think it might be a daytime only pokemon.

Anyways, rule number two of reborn(since number one is the game hates you) there is no such thing as too many extra pokemon. Here, this is my on rotation box.

6317a84b1fc62e89f100e7af45887e1d.png

Top three are in training but multiple types for multiple jobs and situations is the best way to go. So get that magnamite AND train that bisharp. Both will be useful as you go through the game.

Well - I'm stuck again.

So i'm in the Cave where you get after Team Meteor attacks Laura's house.

Aaaaand now i have to fight a Lvl 75 Steelix :unsure:. Lvl Cap is 55

Thats my Team atm:

a8cx33it.png

So Yeah. Magneton is useless (Discharge+Flash Cannon = 0 Dmg...) , Donphan is pretty useless (EQ, Knock off (to slow to knock off stellix berry ugh)), Mamoswine is useless (EQ, Ice shard, Ancient power) ,EQ is Type Rock, since its a Rock field [ http://www.pokemonreborn.com/game/fields.html#14 ] Gothitelle get out a bit dmg but is 1Hit KOed anyways.

So Blaziken deals a bit dmg with Fire spin but EQ onehits it afterwards. Heatmor maybe get one Heatwave out and then gets EQ'ed :(

Aaaaaand I faint.

Pokemons on the PC:

Fire:

Magcargo, Torkoal , but both are slow as snails and guess worthless to grind since dead before 1st move.

Litleo+Growlithe (Lvl 18 + Lvl26) incl Fire Stone to get Arcanine. So i guess if i grind them, should work(at least better than Tarkoal+Marcargo). however im stuck in the cave (am I ?escape rope doesnt work - ) and grinding fire against Onix etc. is pain in the a...

Water:

Floatzel Lv30

Panpour Lv22 + waterstone

Eevee Lvl5 + Water Stone (is Vaporeon still worth it? Smth to watch out when to evolve eevee?)

Krabby (No good SpAtt...)

Guess that are my best options. Anyway here's my full PC. Maybe some secret weapon vs Stellix? :Kappa:

3culti8w.png

Some suggestions? dont want to grind some pokemon from 20 to 50 just to see it was a waste of time :feelsgn:

€:

Or go to older safegame and get something entirely different? - Did it, Back in the Cove again.

€2:

Right now im Grinding Growlithe & looking for a Polimud. Growlithe is now lvl 38, and i found exactly 1 Poliwag(only lvl 18) -.-

Well i guess when im around 50 with the growlithe i'm try it once more.

€³

Finally got it.

Arcanine + Magneton's Magnet Rise worked.

The Abra afterwards was pretty easy, Magneton + Sturdy + Discharge w paralysed and i didnt lose a single pokemon :D

Edited by Prof_Eichel

I feel your pain with that god-forsaken Steelix. I personally recommend using Poliwrath against it. You can find Poliwag at Tanzan Cove in the mornings at around the high 20s (at least that was where mine was when I found it). I'd recommend getting one with Swift Swim and teaching it Rain Dance, which will help out-speed Steelix. Have Bubblebeam (or Hydro Pump-your choice) and Wake-Up Slap and evolve it at level 43 (or 48 if you choose to teach it Hydro Pump over Bubblebeam). If I remember correctly, it should be able to take 1 or 2 EQs and deal good damage with Bubblebeam/Hydro Pump and Wake-Up Slap. Hope this helped!

I had a terrible team to deal with Steelix as well, you might have to just train up Growlithe into Arcanine and pray for a burn. Maybe Victreebel to stun spore it and hope you get lucky from there. I had to use my Vivillon use Hurricane for confusions and pray for some self confusion hits lol. Was rough.

That steelix is the reason I choose squirtle every time, You just need a tank sometimes.

Orrrr lots of fire pokemon (not counting heatmor because he's blegh)

Arcanine or Flareon fills that role, Arcanine outspeeds EVERYTHING later on though. (Save for...well you'll see)

Getting a Vaporeon fills the water pokemon role since Floatzel is meh, As someone suggested above, Poliwrath is a boss.

You're gonna need an electric type soon as well, Ampharos is your best bet (Evolves from mareep)

p.s love the avatar xD.

• 1 month later...

Hey.

Now i played through E15 a while ago,(+played through Heartgold + Platinum, ez pz) And now i want some Opinions on my Current Team and where to improve it. I switched quite much and most of the mon in the Box are lvl 65+ and went to use when needed. however there were still some weaknesses not covered. (+ 2x Steel + 2x Psychic)

irzn3jw9.png

+ Eevee (Sylveon,Umbreon or Leafeon maybe? ) + Ralts+ Weepinbell, but those are very low level.

I guess Murkrow would be the most viable choice since its a Dark Type. However Archeops or Snorlax wouldn't be too bad either.

A few suggestions.

1. Teach alakazam shadow ball (if you have it) and give it calm mind (get rid of psybeam and teleport)

2, Swap arcanine for a water type. 2 fire types is kinda pointless

3. The swift wing is not a hold item so drop that from blaziken

There is no real need for a grass type cause its only super effective vs rock, ground, water and mamo takes care of ground/rock while magnazone takes care of rock/water.

1.) You should totally get a Magneton. It's one of the best Pokémon you can possibly have.. at least that's how I feel. ^_^ (Sturdy, ftw!)

He is sprouting heresy, Magneton/Magnezone is useless, instead train that wonderful Mareep in your PC into the magnificent Ampharos who will then carry you throughout the game. Though really, Discharge/Power Gem/Dragon Pulse/Thunder Wave is amazing, and Ampharos' amazing bulk will carry you throughout the game and it will always be relevant.

Otherwise, Pawniard is actually still quite good even without evolving due to its amazing attack stat. And once it hits level 57 and learns Swords Dance it'll pretty much sweep everything in its path. Though I'd wait training it until you catch a Spinda in Chrysaloia Forest (you'll get there soon) and then breed it with your Pawniard to get a Pawniard with Sucker Punch! Pawniard will then help carry you throughout the later levels of the game (the game stops at level 75 at the moment, so plenty of time to use it).

Tartar. You have secured your untimely demise.

Don't listen to him; he does that just to piss me off. Magneton/Magnezone is one of THE best Pokemon in the game, easily best Electric type and best special attacking steel type. It's got bulk, power, excellent defensive typing that resists a huge range, and learns its best moves, Flash Cannon, Discharge, Magnet Rise (making it immune to its ground weakness), Thunder Wave, Tri Attack etc, and it has excellent abilities in Sturdy, Magnet Pull and especially Analytic, which boosts its power even more when it moves second (which its low speed and good bulk allow it to use well) so do use it.

Better, stronger, better typing and moves then Ampharos.

Whoops, yeah, Arcanine normally isn't in the Team, 6th spot is mostly the HM Slave or Floatzel/Poliwrath

btw here is the screenshot of the Team + box in bigger, idk why it came out so small

http://imgur.com/a/gO5gx

Wont ditch Magnezone(+Blaziken & Mamoswine), played with Ampharos in Heartgold, oh gosh the Speed + defence is horrible imho. Magnezone however just stomps if you dont get hit by ground/fire/fighting. All those resistances :wub:

However i know that the type coverage is really lackluster and thats what i want to improve.