Need help with Kingdra moveset

CaptainMetal

As the title says I need help with my Kingdra. Until now I played a Raindace Set with:

Modest @ Life Orb

Swift Swim

- Rain Dance

- Surf

- Dragon Pulse

- Icy Wind

I like Kingdra but somehow it feels a little lackluster. As far as I know there is another set with Sniper and Focus Energy. This could be interesting since I would be free to give the Life Orb to another Pokemon. Which set is more viable in Reborn? To be honest the IVs are not the best (4/30/29/27/26/21) so breeding a new one would be an option, but only if it is worth it since Link Stone are limited in the game.

Edited by CaptainMetal

• Global Mods

Sniper and focus energy is a fun set. Give it a scope lens and then with 1 setup turn (FE) you have 225% damage that will ignore and defensive boosts they have or offensive drops on you. Swift swim set is better as part of a rain team rather than a standalone

Edited by DreamblitzX

There's also a physical set based on Dragon Dance. Less raw power unless you use several dances, but you keep your speed boost. With it you can use Outrage and Waterfall, and I don't remember the last move my physical Kingdra has.

Sniper and focus energy is a fun set. Give it a scope lens and then with 1 setup turn (FE) you have 225% damage that will ignore and defensive boosts they have or offensive drops on you. Swift swim set is better as part of a rain team rather than a standalone

Well, since I don't play a rain team, that would mean Sniper would be better. The standard set on smogon uses Focus Energy and Agility but 2 boost moves sounds a little unpractical. How did you get Ice Beam on yours (assuming your sig is your current team), as far as I know unless you revert to an earlier episode it should not be possible. (Btw. would my Kingdra with the mentioned IVs suffice or should I breed a new one?)

Your IV are far enough for Reborn. Even EV training can be optionnal if you play well. As for Ice Beam, maybe it's possible by going back to E12 (it still used gen V breeding mechanics where you could breed for TM moves), otherwise you'll have to do with Aurora Beam

• Global Mods

Well, since I don't play a rain team, that would mean Sniper would be better. The standard set on smogon uses Focus Energy and Agility but 2 boost moves sounds a little unpractical. How did you get Ice Beam on yours (assuming your sig is your current team), as far as I know unless you revert to an earlier episode it should not be possible. (Btw. would my Kingdra with the mentioned IVs suffice or should I breed a new one?)

I'll admit I used the debug menu to teach a couple moves that I could've gotten through breeding, but it would've taken a lot of work (episode changing, chaining through a bunch of pokemon)

I'll admit I used the debug menu to teach a couple moves that I could've gotten through breeding, but it would've taken a lot of work (episode changing, chaining through a bunch of pokemon)

Didn't even know there was a debug menu. With the given IVs, should I go for timid or should I keep the modest nature. Since you get a *2.25 damage bonus on crits with Sniper, some extra speed would not be bad.

• Global Mods

Didn't even know there was a debug menu. With the given IVs, should I go for timid or should I keep the modest nature. Since you get a *2.25 damage bonus on crits with Sniper, some extra speed would not be bad.

yea timid is nice on a sniper set, while modest is better on a swift swimmer