Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
6 minutes ago, Desaya said:

I was doing the "abilities" quiz in the trainer's school and noticed the fourth question asking about a pokemon that's weak to ground but takes no damage due to its ability has no correct answer since gen 7 made gengar's ability cursed body instead of levitate. RIP Gengar.

It's still correct in Spork. I chose for the Gastly line to keep Levitate instead of giving them Cursed Body. 

I also kept Raikou, Entei, and Suicune's original hidden abilities instead of changing them all to Inner Focus. 

• Global Mods
5 minutes ago, Twilightwing said:

so the Z move system addon got release and I heard you were a tester, guessing you wanted to see what it was like b4 adding it to Spork?

Yeah, Marcello asked if I planned to add Z moves to Spork and then asked if I wanted to be a tester. 

My english is a lil bit rusty, but I need to say how I loved the game

I started this game cuz voltsy's channel was on my recomended videos in youtube. (I have never seen his channel before) and when I saw that I could choose any starter I thought "I must play this". I loved so much the story, I kind got a little lost with some characters but the more I played the more I was enjoying it. 

Just found some minor bugs, like some walls I could enter, but nothing much to make the gameplay annoying or anything like that.

I just want to know if there is some ideia when the game will be completed? It's going the have just the episode 4? or there is more? Just wanna say I loved it so much. And would be very sad seeing another good fan game being left behind :(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, PedruxXx said:

My english is a lil bit rusty, but I need to say how I loved the game

I started this game cuz voltsy's channel was on my recomended videos in youtube. (I have never seen his channel before) and when I saw that I could choose any starter I thought "I must play this". I loved so much the story, I kind got a little lost with some characters but the more I played the more I was enjoying it. 

Just found some minor bugs, like some walls I could enter, but nothing much to make the gameplay annoying or anything like that.

I just want to know if there is some ideia when the game will be completed? It's going the have just the episode 4? or there is more? Just wanna say I loved it so much. And would be very sad seeing another good fan game being left behind :(

I'm glad you enjoyed the game! :D I'm not sure when the game will be completed, but I do plan to complete it. There are planned to be 7 episodes, but it's still possible for the episode structure to change (which wouldn't change the fact I plan to complete the game, it would just change how much content is in the episodes and how many episodes there are). 

Right now I'm away from home until mid-June with only mobile internet access. When I get back I plan to either re-upload 3 and a Half with bug fixes + other updates or do the full ep 4 release (which would also have those fixes and updates). Currently Palletite is having irl issues and sprite progress is on hold, so it's possible the full ep 4 won't be ready when I get back. 

Quick question

Just got an absol and leveled it to level 37. It didn't give me a prompt to learn psycho cut, and the move tutor won't let me teach absol night slash, which it should learn at level 29. Not sure if this is a bug or intentional.

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Raichu1972 said:

Quick question

Just got an absol and leveled it to level 37. It didn't give me a prompt to learn psycho cut, and the move tutor won't let me teach absol night slash, which it should learn at level 29. Not sure if this is a bug or intentional.

I looked up and compared Absol's Gen 6 and Gen 7 level up moves and they're higher for Gen 6, while Gen 7 has them at the levels you mentioned. I didn't change the level up move levels for most Pokemon unless they got a new move in Gen 7 (ex: Bellossom got Quiver Dance) because doing that for all over 800 of them would just be x_x

Absol should learn Night Slash at 41 and Psycho Cut at 47.

3 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I looked up and compared Absol's Gen 6 and Gen 7 level up moves and they're higher for Gen 6, while Gen 7 has them at the levels you mentioned. I didn't change the level up move levels for most Pokemon unless they got a new move in Gen 7 (ex: Bellossom got Quiver Dance) because doing that for all over 800 of them would just be x_x

That makes sense.

Sorry for the dumb question, I understand that updating all the level lists would have been a lot of pointless work. 

Thanks for the quick response!

21 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

As an update, just got absol to level 41, when it is supposed to learn night slash as of XY. I wasn't prompted to learn night slash, and can learn neither night slash or swords dance(which it should have gotten at level 33) from the move tutor.

• Global Mods
7 minutes ago, Raichu1972 said:

As an update, just got absol to level 41, when it is supposed to learn night slash as of XY. I wasn't prompted to learn night slash, and can learn neither night slash or swords dance(which it should have gotten at level 33) from the move tutor.

That's strange. I'll look into Absol's level up moveset when I get home in 10 days. When I do that, I'll also update its level up moveset to Gen 7. 

Just now, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

That's strange. I'll look into Absol's level up moveset when I get home in 10 days. When I do that, I'll also update its level up moveset to Gen 7. 

Awesome!

Thank you again for the quick response!

14 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Hi , I was going to start the game and realized that the controls arent the usual z and x , is there the option to change the controls?

• Global Mods
12 minutes ago, Dr4gn33l said:

Hi , I was going to start the game and realized that the controls arent the usual z and x , is there the option to change the controls?

The controls should be the usual buttons since I didn't change them (I wouldn't know how to change them even if I wanted to) and they've always worked for me using those buttons. 

Space = interact (I think there's also another interact button but I forget what it was) 

x = menu

z = walk/run toggle 

D = quicksave 

Just now, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

The controls should be the usual buttons since I didn't change them (I wouldn't know how to change them even if I wanted to) and they've always worked for me using those buttons. 

Space = interact (I think there's also another interact button but I forget what it was) 

x = menu

z = walk/run toggle 

D = quicksave 

Im used to :

interact: Z

Cancel: X

Menu: X

Run: Tab

Ok then i will get used to it thanks

• Global Mods
15 minutes ago, Dr4gn33l said:

Im used to :

interact: Z

Cancel: X

Menu: X

Run: Tab

Ok then i will get used to it thanks

I didn't know some of those buttons worked that way . o . I've always seen z used for running (or toggling between walking and running) in all the fangames I've played and I didn't know the tab button did anything in RPG Maker. 

2 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I didn't know some of those buttons worked that way . o . I've always seen z used for running (or toggling between walking and running) in all the fangames I've played and I didn't know the tab button did anything in RPG Maker. 

In reborn and rejuvenatin I have always used z and x  but maybe the tab im not sure if i is from rebron or Gba 

6 minutes ago, Dr4gn33l said:

In reborn and rejuvenatin I have always used z and x  but maybe the tab im not sure if i is from rebron or Gba 

I think you use tab in gba or on Desmume to speed up a game.

Edited by LykosHand