Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
5 hours ago, steamdevelopment said:

In that case I got a lot of catching up to do.

Thank you for the help 

The re-re-upload of ep 3 which fixes the Talonflame error is now complete. The download link in the first post will lead to it.

this also fixes an issue I learned about while getting a screenshot for steamdevelopment of where to find Tinder Forest, where flying to Premoggin Softlands would take you to a mountaintop in the area instead of the Pokemon Center, leaving the player stuck. This happened because when setting the healing spot for Premoggin Softlands, I mixed up the x and y coordinates. So it's probably in everyone's best interests to download the recent re-upload. 

• Global Mods
Just now, AreYouShpongled said:

Aww...Still going to give this game a shot,it seems interesting.

And do you plan on implementing level cap anytime soon?

I've responded to the level cap suggestion before in the thread: 

"I've been against using a level cap for Spork since before development started. I also don't think I should include one after an episode of the game has already released, as this could punish players who started before the level cap was implemented if they have Pokemon that would end up being above the level cap. This happened to me in another fangame called Full Moon, which added a level cap after 6 episodes (8 gyms) in. My Pokemon were in the mid-70s when the level cap was added, while the level cap for the 8th gym was either 60 or 65 (I don't remember which). If I ever did decide to include a level cap, I would make it optional."

In addition to what's mentioned there, I don't know how to implement in a level cap to begin with (again, though, it's not something that's planned to be added).

2 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

"I've been against using a level cap for Spork since before development started. I also don't think I should include one after an episode of the game has already released, as this could punish players who started before the level cap was implemented if they have Pokemon that would end up being above the level cap. This happened to me in another fangame called Full Moon, which added a level cap after 6 episodes (8 gyms) in. My Pokemon were in the mid-70s when the level cap was added, while the level cap for the 8th gym was either 60 or 65 (I don't remember which). If I ever did decide to include a level cap, I would make it optional."

In addition to what's mentioned there, I don't know how to implement in a level cap to begin with (again, though, it's not something that's planned to be added).

I see,thank you.I'm going to download and try this right now:)

3 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

To be honest I'm really kind of happy that we're not getting a level cap since it's kind of a hindrance in other fan games, even though it adds to the difficulty of the game as a whole. It also means I can just roflstomp absolutely everything with my Gyarados :D

Also I just noticed that they changed Gyarados' learning Dragon Dance at 47 to 45 AND MY GYARADOS IS 46 FUCK MY LIFE, rip life

Edited again: It seems learning curve is still Gen 6, whew that's a relief

Edited by TheMoltenGuy
  • Upvote 1

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

To be honest I'm really kind of happy that we're not getting a level cap since it's kind of a hindrance in other fan games, even though it adds to the difficulty of the game as a whole. It also means I can just roflstomp absolutely everything with my Gyarados :D

Also I just noticed that they changed Gyarados' learning Dragon Dance at 47 to 45 AND MY GYARADOS IS 46 FUCK MY LIFE, rip life

Edited again: It seems learning curve is still Gen 6, whew that's a relief

Yeah, levels at which Gen 1-6 Pokemon learn moves still goes by ORAS. I did add new moves to those that gained them in Gen 7 (ex: Bellossom now learns Quiver Dance), but for the levels where moves are learned I kept them the same since that's over 700 to go through and check and adding the Gen 7 moves, abilities, and Pokemon + changing TM data already burned me out x . x 

• Global Mods
14 minutes ago, Twilightwing said:

so starting the game and im resetting a HA espurr and it doesnt want to appear is it scripted not to >?

See this convo and this convo for info about Pokemon with three possible abilities. 

Basically, third abilities can only be found in the wild (10% chance IIRC), and you need to send me your save file for me to give the Espurr Own Tempo, since I'm not sure how to make hidden abilities appear as normally as regular abilities. 

16 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

It's in episode 3 content, between the 7th and 8th gym. You can't miss it as you need to go there to progress the story. 

Thanks. But now i have another problem. I made my electabuzz hold an electilizer, but it won't evolve with a link stone. Is this a bug?

• Global Mods
20 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

Thanks. But now i have another problem. I made my electabuzz hold an electilizer, but it won't evolve with a link stone. Is this a bug?

You have to use the Electirizer on the Electabuzz directly like an evolution stone. Link Stones are only needed to be used on Pokemon like Kadabra that evolve through trade without the need of a held item in the main games. 

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

Wait. After the above reply, I decided to test evolving an Electabuzz just to make sure, and found out Electirizer couldn't be used, only given. This also happened with some other evolution items. I re-uploaded with this fixed, so Electabuzz should be able to evolve now. 

1c35bbf87e4947c2bde4d5c0976c3c3a.png

I made a mental note to remember to set the usability outside of battle for the items like this that would be new to ep 3, since I made the same oversight in ep 1 with the Prism Scale, but I still managed to forget. XD

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a beedrill should be able to fly.

Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.

The beedrill, of course, flies anyway because beedrill don't care what humans think is impossible.

Edited by ShadeStrider

• Global Mods
Just now, Twilightwing said:

Trying to SR for a HA slowpoke for the past couple of days and no luck. rng hates me

I would've made the chance higher than 10%, but since it was a script given to me and not one I made myself (I have no coding knowledge), I'm kind of scared of changing it in any way in case I end up messing something up. 

That being said you can send me your save file and I can give Regenerator to Slowpoke. I have no problem doing this for people as often as requested/needed. 

• Global Mods
4 minutes ago, Nakuto said:

Are the marbles gonna mean anything? Technically I keep picking them up, but it still says I only have one. Plus this fragment...hmmmmmm....

Items in the key items pocket don't display how many you have, unfortunately. I do have a variable called "Marble Count" that goes up by 1 every time you obtain one. 

The place where Marbles will be used will be in episode 4, but you won't have access to every marble until the postgame. However in addition to the big reward for finding all of them, there will be smaller rewards for every ten you find. 

There are actually 2/4 Universe Fragments currently available (5 technically as the scientist in the research institute who you can do sidequests for also has one, but the player only needs to find the other four). This is also a quest not finishable until the postgame. 

• Upvote 1