Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
39 minutes ago, steamdevelopment said:

Where do I find water-stone, I need specifics, I am at the last gym.

And why won't my Fletchinder evolve even though it is at 40?

This NPC at Bolaii Beach sells all the evolution stones:

5d8a79ce46a34de3b918b76ac6e5f0d3.png

There's also a Water Stone available from a specific sidequest where you interact with Aliora City's fountain and get the Fountain Pen, then bring it to the little girl in Ciansoa City who says "I'm looking for a fountain pen!" She'll give you a Water Stone in exchange for the fountain pen.

As for Fletchinder, looking at pokemon.txt in the PBS files, it seems like Talonflame isn't listed as its evolution for some reason...I've fixed that and am in the process of re-uploading now. 

3 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

This NPC at Bolaii Beach sells all the evolution stones:

5d8a79ce46a34de3b918b76ac6e5f0d3.png

There's also a Water Stone available from a specific sidequest where you interact with Aliora City's fountain and get the Fountain Pen, then bring it to the little girl in Ciansoa City who says "I'm looking for a fountain pen!" She'll give you a Water Stone in exchange for the fountain pen.

As for Fletchinder, looking at pokemon.txt in the PBS files, it seems like Talonflame isn't listed as its evolution for some reason...I've fixed that and am in the process of re-uploading now. I'll edit this post when the re-upload is complete. (could take around half an hour or so)

Also is Scyther aviable anywhere in this game? And if so, where can it be found?

Edited by steamdevelopment

Just got the first badge by sweeping Jim's team with Swords Dance Fury Cutter Aegislash.

I was surprised that the gym leader was battled immediately without meeting him prior to the battle or doing any quest with him. Why do we battle him without much intro or anything?

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, steamdevelopment said:

Also is Scyther aviable anywhere in this game? And if so, where can it be found?

Scyther can be found in Tinder Forest. There's a notepad file in the game folder called "obtainablepokemon" that lists the locations of every Pokemon that's available outside the starter event. 

2 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Scyther can be found in Tinder Forest. There's a notepad file in the game folder called "obtainablepokemon" that lists the locations of every Pokemon that's available outside the starter event. 

Thank you but where to find the metal item to evolve it?

• Global Mods
11 minutes ago, Mr. Divergent said:

Just got the first badge by sweeping Jim's team with Swords Dance Fury Cutter Aegislash.

I was surprised that the gym leader was battled immediately without meeting him prior to the battle or doing any quest with him. Why do we battle him without much intro or anything?

You'll meet Jim later on during episode 3 content, where you'll find out more about him. Every gym leader and Elite Four will appear outside their gym/the league at some point in the game. With some this happens before battling them, and with some this happens after. (there are two as of ep 3 who haven't yet had an appearance outside their gym battle, and some who've already had outside appearances who will appear more in future episodes) 

• Global Mods
2 minutes ago, steamdevelopment said:

Thank you but where to find the metal item to evolve it?

An NPC in the Battle Mall sells them. There's also one in a rock in Halloween Hideout. 

(sorry for double post, I don't know how to edit quotes into posts)

3 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

You'll meet Jim later on, where you'll find out more about him. Every gym leader and Elite Four will appear outside their gym/the league at some point in the game. With some this happens before battling them, and with some this happens after. (there are two as of ep 3 who haven't yet had an appearance outside their gym battle) 

Cool. I'll look forward to my interactions with the other characters as I progress on the game. I'll have to find time though since I've got IRL stuff to take care of.

• Global Mods
4 minutes ago, Mr. Divergent said:

Cool. I'll look forward to my interactions with the other characters as I progress on the game. I'll have to find time though since I've got IRL stuff to take care of.

I forgot to mention, but it may also be worth noting that in every city/town/place that has a Gym Leader, one of the TVs in that city/town/place has an interview with that leader. Jim's interview is in one of the hotel rooms. Specifically, the room to the right of the player's room. 

@steamdevelopment Ep 3 has been re-uploaded with the Fletchinder issue fixed; the link in the OP leads to the re-upload

11 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I forgot to mention, but it may also be worth noting that in every city/town/place that has a Gym Leader, one of the TVs in that city/town/place has an interview with that leader. Jim's interview is in one of the hotel rooms. Specifically, the room to the right of the player's room. 

@steamdevelopment Ep 3 has been re-uploaded with the Fletchinder issue fixed; the link in the OP leads to the re-upload

Where is tinker forrest btw? 

• Global Mods
5 minutes ago, steamdevelopment said:

Where is tinker forrest btw? 

Tinder Forest is reached from Premoggin Canyon.

Also don't donwload the recent re-upload, I just tried opening it to show a screenshot of where Tinder Forest is and got an error resulting from me forgetting to capitalize Talonflame's entire name when listing it as Fletchinder's evolution. Fixing now. Again, I'll let you know when the re-upload is complete. 

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Tinder Forest is reached from Premoggin Canyon.

Also don't donwload the recent re-upload, I just tried opening it to show a screenshot of where Tinder Forest is and got an error resulting from me forgetting to capitalize Talonflame's entire name when listing it as Fletchinder's evolution. Fixing now. Again, I'll let you know when the re-upload is complete. 

I am not sure where that is either

• Global Mods
4 minutes ago, steamdevelopment said:

I am not sure where that is either

If you're on the last gym, you would've went to the canyon earlier. It's where Jim was in front of the temple. The entrance to the forest is to the east of that part of the canyon.