Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
10 minutes ago, Mewtwo Prime said:

I did use RPGXP and accessed the debug mode in this game's .rxproj file. I gave myself Mewtwo and Giratina (replacing Espurr and my starter, respectively). I also filled my bag with 99 of every item. I think the .rxproj file hasn't been updated to reflect the deletion of Sky Drop. That's how it got back into my game. I might consider using RPGXP to remove any stray typos that have so far escaped proofreading efforts. Trust me--mine are "laser eyes": hardly anything gets past my draconian grammar and spelling acumen. 😉

Also, I remember when I was using an earlier version of your game where Espurr's overworld sprites were slightly..."off". That's been fixed now. I absolutely ADORE Espurr. Imagine an Espurr as a Pokemon trainer. I don't think any human (or Sea Star) trainer could keep up. Heck--it would be like facing a diminutive Crolea (she is completely in sync with her Pokemon, so she doesn't even have to say anything to them during battle).

My personal headcanon is that the player character is in fact a Mew in disguise, and decided to be Emily's adopted younger sibling. This would explain how they can become any gender they choose, or transform into various Pokemon throughout the game (Espurr, M/F Meowstic, Slowking, Cradily, Musharna and Corsola).

Oh, if it's with RPG Maker, that would still work, yes. I just deleted it from Pokemon learnsets but not the move itself from the game, since changes aren't retroactive. So if something is removed from the game, that wouldn't remove the move/item/etc. from people who got it from before it was removed. So deleting Sky Drop itself when someone could have it on their Pokemon might cause a paradox/error and I didn't want to risk that. Since the move itself still exists in moves.txt, it can be accessed in RPG Maker. 

The Halloween Espurr overworld sprite placements were fixed thanks to Apro. I'm happy people are enjoying the Holiday Pokemon and being able to play as them! 

• Like 1

• Global Mods
10 minutes ago, Mewtwo Prime said:

What do you think of my explanation of how the player character can change genders, become different Pokemon, etc.? (not to mention the fact they can use most TMs without even having to teach them to their Pokemon)

I enjoyed reading the Mew idea. The game development reason for some of that is player convenience (players using HMs so a move slot doesn't need to be used for a Pokemon, being able to change gender if wanted without needing to start a new file), but I think it's cool that you've thought about this from an in-universe perspective, and I always like reading about peoples' ideas for how things happen or the backstory of their player character (which is also one of the reasons I gave the player choices on where they're from and what their parents do). 

• Global Mods
17 minutes ago, RoyChaos said:

Can someone tell me about all mega ring locations in Pokemon Spork to remember because I want Charizardite X. (Only to remember)

There's a notepad file in the game folder named megastonelocations that lists where all the mega stones are, but also Charizardite X isn't in the game (which is also mentioned in the notepad file). I don't like that Charizard got two mega evolutions while all other starters with megas got one and Mega Charizard X just seems like fanservice to me so it doesn't exist in Spork. 

• Global Mods

As of this time the Pokemon Spork club is locked. 

I don't actually have the ability to lock an entire club. I locked each individual thread that wasn't archived. I can't lock archived threads, but I don't need to since archived threads can't be posted in. This means that it's still possible to create threads, but I'd rather it be quiet here for now. 

There is no estimated time on when the club will be unlocked. Maybe it never will be. But development isn't halted. Everything else will continue as usual, and I'll be posting for reuploads and maybe announcements. 

I've needed to do this for a while, but I kept second-guessing myself. What if there's people who need help with the game, they've searched all available resources (FAQ, notepad files, etc.) and didn't find an answer to their question, but they can't get help because the threads are locked and I mentioned preferring people not making new threads? Doing this also means people can't post feedback, and I enjoyed reading what people thought of the game. Plus, people can still make threads of their own, so whether the club lock is actually a club lock or not depends on whether people are okay with respecting this announcement. 

I apologize for any inconveniences caused by this. I think for people who need help with something, Youtube playthroughs are an option, since there are complete playthroughs of the game (and for DDDL and Return to Dreamland). 

In next reupload info/development, shiny Doublade is complete! I think Aegislash will take a bit more time than the other two, brainstorming still ongoing + two forms. 

I think this post was originally going to have more + be more professional but I wasn't able to at the time of posting, sorry 🙁

680s.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Good whatever time of day it is for you, viewers!

This morning Enigma messaged me with an update on map revamp progress and Vince posted art of a side project he's doing, so I thought today might be a good day for me to post an update too. 

bEBKoF1.png

Shiny Aegislash's blade form design is finished! Shield form is being worked on; was experimenting with color schemes for the top part of the sword earlier today. Palletite and Steffi made the blade form based on Annie's form here:

QzVVjLL.png

Although revamping the shiny Honedge line is the main part of the next reupload I've talked about here, there are a few other notable updates too. The number of PC boxes has been increased, since currently (in public release) there aren't enough PC boxes to store every Pokemon available in the game. 12 PC boxes have been added. When the reupload is ready, new save files will have them automatically, and older save files will be able to unlock the added boxes by speaking to Anthony at the Pokemon Research Institute. 

The trainers in the Battle Factory have also been changed. Steffi suggested having different trainer sprites matching the gen of each arena. We weren't able to do this with the Ladies that were there, since the Lady class isn't in Johto or Alola, but changed to Lasses, who've been in every region. We found trainer sprites for the 3D model Lasses from Gen 6+ that allow use with credit and Steffi and I worked together to make overworld sprite sheets for each of them. Also, while in the current public release a win in one arena counts as a win in all of them, they all use separate variables now, since they all have unique dialogue and names instead of being the same trainers with different Pokemon. 

There are other updates along with bug fixes in the upcoming reupload (no ETA, but Aegislash is the final part unless something else comes up), but those three (shiny Honedge line, added PC boxes, and Battle Factory update) are probably the most major. 

As for the near future, after the next reupload: 

-map revamps: after the Norall maps are completed, I'll be making an announcement for them. I'm really looking forward to seeing Norall City for reasons I'll explain in the announcement when it's time. 

the upcoming reupload also has a few map revamps of smaller maps added (Aliora's herb and berry shops, Bolaii Bar, Lee's house). 

-shinies: I have a few more ideas for custom shinies for the future. They won't be all added at once, probably one per reupload like with shiny Honedge line, since they take time to make and I want to take Steffi and Palletite's school schedules into consideration. 

I think that's everything I was going to say for now. 

Image result for pyukumuku thumbs up

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Global Mods

Reuploaded DDDL and Spork (mediafire)

DDDL:

-Delicia's Pokemon are now given in Premier Balls; for older save files there's an NPC who can change the first Pokemon in Delicia's party's Poke Ball to a Premier Ball (can get all of them in Premier Balls by switching first party slot)

-along with the Premier Ball NPC, a few other of the NPCs from Return to Dreamland were added: the one that gives TMs, the one that gives healing items, and the move relearner (in maps where Felicia wasn't move relearner)

Spork:

-shiny Honedge line revamped and Kayla now has a shiny Aegislash named Annie
-Steffi made Frank, Sierran, and Spade Battle VR icons, and new icon for Vivillon (previous one was Reborn's)
-revamped maps added: Herb Shop, Berry Shop, Bolaii Bar, Lee's house
-Dreamer Musharna "Last Night's Dream" at Sushi & Darkrai's place in Dark Dungeon
-Battle Factory trainer updates: instead of Ladies, there are Lasses, and ones of the gen corresponding to the arena
-number of PC boxes increased from 24 to 36 (for new save files automatically, for older save files speak to Anthony at the Pokemon Research Institute and an event script will add the new boxes)
-added Furfrou trim stylist to Silk Studio
-Pokemon Research Institute: the boxes to change Rotom's form are now corresponding appliance graphics
-added Drifloon to Shiny Scouting
-fast-moving plant in Umira now has City Escape lyrics when spoken to
-Bulbasaur no longer faces up in starter selection
-selecting Burmy in starter selection now gives Burmy instead of Budew
-Forest of Feeling waterfall fixes
-added Turtonator to starter selection
-switched Shroomish and Slakoth's places in starter selection (they were opposite Pokedex order)
-when battled before Agne, Emily's Lilligant is now named Lily instead of Lana
-Skitty and Delcatty now have their full levelup learnset
-Black Kyurem and White Kyurem now have the correct backsprites (their filenames were switched around)
-Pink Bow item icon now visible (had wrong number in Graphics -> Icons)
-Astral Observatory countertop priority fixed

XH7NQ2j.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • Global Mods

くコ:彡

xQAqv7lnBFHVgCoIgtMP4pAFT9yzkjjqwAUEUWmP

The shinies being added/updated for the next reupload are Inkay and Malamar! The shinies are based off the Inkling squid forms from Splatoon, with Inkay being based off the original and Malamar being based off Spla2oon. Inkay was finished today! Steffi did the ink splats, the 👀, and the raspberry gradients, and Palletite was the one to suggest using the squid form as inspiration. 

Peach will have shiny Malamar, and his nickname theme will be changed from Spongebob to Splatoon to match. 

image.png.85dd552c6912b979498926bf2d4d366e.png

When Enigma's map revamp project started, I made an announcement for it and showed the Virima Hotel, which is one of the revamped maps that'll be in the next reupload! A suggestion Enigma made is to add more NPCs to some of the maps, which I've had fun doing for the hotel. Here's an inter-regional tour group! I was happy to find another opportunity to add more of the regional Lasses introduced in the most recent upload at the Battle Factory. (I've also added some to the Sea Star Society!)

I also received an update on Norall map revamps earlier this month in the form of screenshots; I'm saving posting pictures of them for the announcement but the city looks very festive! While I'm saving screenshots until completion + Norall announcements, I did want to take this time to thank Michael and Josie, the creators of Pokemon Present, for allowing us to use some of their tiles and even putting together outside and interior tilesets for us to use. They're perfect for the atmosphere intended with Norall City!

image.png.dc36e01613d382afc3e8514d7f5cd48c.png

image.png.1bd20675822fb47c2157ce1834284b24.png

image.png.0176898eb12282a966c43a4a2aaa9e8c.png

There's also going to be two changes to starter selection.

One is that every available Pokemon now has an overworld sprite. Steffi made one for Alolan Geodude, and found artists who had made overworlds for the others who allow use of the sprites as long as credit is given and/or are informed in advance of any alterations. SageDeoxys made the ones for Morelull, Minior, and Togedemaru; larryturbo made Fomantis, Oricorio, Oranguru, Passimian, Drampa, Sandygast, Bruxish, Dhelmise, Stakataka, Blacephalon, and Turtonator; NicoMts made Alolan Rattata; princess-phoenix made Jangmo-o, SweeperSnivy made Alolan Diglett and Poipole; and OldSoulja made Celesteela. 

The other change is that with Pokemon with multiple forms, you can choose which form you want. This applies both to Pokemon whose forms have a change in type, ability, etc. like Rotom and ones where the changes are cosmetic like Furfrou. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Something that's recently been happening to some players that I was unable to replicate is getting stuck on the bridge at the Forest of Feeling when Vespiquen approaches the player for the Moltres/Mesprit sidequests. When loading up their save files I wasn't stuck and could reset the event and get them through the scene, and I tried testing it in my file too from both activation tiles multiple times but never got stuck. 

Today Steffi and I were able to find the cause and fix it! There's a super specific set of circumstances that causes it to happen. Obtaining the Bulbasaur will cause an exclamation mark sound effect after the next wild encounter in the forest, and the ! sound effect from there causes the player to become stuck. I'm still not sure how those events are connected, but we were able to fix it by deleting some event commands from the Bulbasaur event that involved exit animations and the exclamation mark. 

In the meantime until the next reupload is ready, I strongly recommend either not doing the Moltres/Mesprit quest yet or waiting to obtain Bulbasaur until after doing it. I apologize to everyone who was stuck because of this issue, and I've unlocked the save file troubleshooting thread to make it easier for people to have their save files fixed if there are others who are stuck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Reuploaded (mediafire) DDDL and Spork

DDDL Updates:
-revamped map added: Neon Temple
-added to Nosy Nosepass DJ Ultra Beats interview

DDDL Fixes:

-adjusted battler altitude for Stufful, Swirlix, Woobat, Geodude, Noibat, Tentacool, Finneon
-Lightning Lounge DJ booth countertop priority fix
-Shalour Sable blurry item icon graphic fix

Spork Updates:

-shiny Inkay line has been revamped and Peach now has a shiny Malamar

-Peach's nickname theme changed from Spongebob to Splatoon
-shiny Gallade has been revamped to match shiny Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir
-shiny banana Vivillon made for Inktober prompt ripe on Vivillon Pattern Creator
-revamped maps added: Virima Hotel, Virima Library, Sand Castle, Olidroll Underground, Vitamin Factory, Mysterious Mansion, Neon Temple, Rania's Training Gym
-added to Nosy Nosepass DJ Ultra Beats interview
-added human Lass tourists to Sea Star Society (the ones that appear match your chosen region/hometown)
-overworld sprites for Alolan Geodude (Steffi), Fomantis, Oricorio, Oranguru, Passimian, Drampa, Sandygast, Bruxish, Dhelmise, Stakataka, Blacephalon, Turtonator (larryturbo), Alolan Rattata (NicoMts), Alolan Diglett, Poipole (SweeperSnivy), Morelull, Minior, Togedemaru (SageDeoxys), Jangmo-o (princess-phoenix), new Celesteela (OldSoulja)
-added Slime Man Data Vault misc file (dream that led to the sidequest)
-in starter selection, can now choose form for: Oricorio, Furfrou, Rotom, Basculin, Deerling, Burmy, Shellos, Flabebe, Unown
-Flabebe line now have their canon flower colors
-Steffi made new map icons for Frank, Sierran, and Spade
-new Olidroll Underground and Vitamin Factory music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxK0-bLCW4g
-In Pokemon Centers, added Frank and Sierran as player options to switch to along with Spade, and removed outdated info about Spade being recently added in ep 2 when ep 2 was 3 years ago
-adjusted saturation + new colors for dentist battle and overworld sprites
-removed intro notice about Gen 7 and Mimikyu Shadow Shield since I felt it was kind of distracting

Spork Fixes:

-Forest of Feeling Vespiquen bridge freeze fix
-shiny sunny Castform backsprite position fixed
-gen7movesandabilities notepad file: removed outdated info about legendaries not being obtainable yet and added the legendary moves that are in
-fixed unset countertop tile that prevented being able to talk to Seamus at the ranger base
-fixed a Pokemon Fan Club NPC being invisible
-added missing Misty Seed icon graphic
-Lightning Lounge DJ booth countertop priority fix
-Shalour Sable blurry item icon graphic fix
-Taillow now learns Reversal at level 45 
-Swellow and Glalie now have their full levelup learnset
-adjusted battler altitude for Stufful, Mareanie, Salandit, Yungoos, Dragonite, Barboach, Carbink, Yamask, Swirlix, Dedenne, Shuppet, Duskull, Mimikyu, Sandygast, Amaura, Archen, Genesect, Wimpod, Pikipek, Baltoy, Foongus, Bounsweet, Excadrill, Pyukumuku, Lampent, Quilladin, Chesnaught, Honchkrow, Scraggy, Scrafty, Krookodile, Tirtouga, Carracosta, Geodude (both), Woobat, Swoobat, Noibat, Tyrunt, Tyrantrum, Froslass, Beldum, Pansear, Pansage, Panpour, Spoink, Bronzor, Roggenrola, Froakie, Frogadier, Greninja, Pawniard, Bisharp, Blitzle, Charjabug, Joltik, Togedemaru, Helioptile, Rufflet, Mudbray, Rockruff, Litleo, Deino, Cubchoo, Beartic, Aromatisse, Trevenant, Sylveon, Incineroar, Tentacool, Unfezant, Binacle, Seismitoad, Goldeen, Horsea, Finneon, Lumineon, Malamar, Morelull, Skrelp, Altaria, Goodra, Drampa, Seadra, Kingdra, Petilil, Lilligant, Beedrill, Butterfree, Frillish, Mienshao, Leavanny, Scolipede, Gorebyss, Vespiquen, Beautifly, Togekiss, Delphox, Florges, Heatmor, Sewaddle, Swadloon, Spewpa, Tranquill, Durant, Watchog, Herdier, Pancham, Deerling, Gothorita, Zoroark, Marshadow

Hopefully I didn't forget anything, there was a lot for this reupload.

🦑

image.png.2d889bc2a3bd49de4e11db7d31f1253a.png

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

GEN 8 PLANS

Since I recently uploaded a drawing in the Spork Art Thread with Dylan and Tomas with some Gen 8 Pokemon and characters, and mentioned in Vince's Forest Guardian project thread about not being decided on how to address TMs and TRs in Gen 8, I thought it might be a good idea to explain about Gen 8 additions to Spork, and since I did so for Gen 7 in advance. 

Although most of Gen 7 was added at once during episode 3's development, Gen 8 will be added in parts across reuploads. The first priority will be updating existing learnsets and move effects. Something I didn't mention during the notes for the last reupload was that egg moves and egg groups have already been updated to Gen 8. 

Afterwards will be deciding how to address Gen 8's TMs and TRs. Some of them overlap with move tutor moves from USUM which are in the game, so I'm currently thinking of having most of them be tutor moves. It's possible a few will be TMs, since Pollen Puff is perfect for Wendy and fits better than Leech Life. The TMs from Gen 7 will remain the same. 

Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing won't be added, but I'd like to implement the forms as mega evolutions. Similar to how Mega Charizard X isn't available, Gigantamax Charizard won't be implemented as a mega. Mega Charizard Y will remain the only Charizard mega.

Currently Gen 8 updates are being brainstormed and worked on slowly in the background, since the main priority for the next reupload is adding more revamped maps. 

Here are the team changes planned for characters in Spork so far, in spoilers since SwSh came out recently:

Emily: Yanmega -> Frosmoth

Delicia: Alolan Exeggutor -> Appletun (nickname ApplePie)

Jim: Alolan Raticate -> Dubwool (nickname Farm)

Gina: Gengar -> Polteageist (nickname Temperance)

Aretha: Breloom -> Eldegoss (nickname Cotton)

Dylan: Krookodile -> Obstagoon (nickname Milkshake)

Tomas: Amoonguss and Dragalge -> Toxtricity and Galarian Weezing

Isabelle: Mr. Mime -> Mr. Rime

Carol: ? -> Alcremie (nickname RubySwirl)

Alumia: Bronzong -> Copperajah

Angela: Mega Pidgeot -> Mega Butterfree

Arnalda: Machamp -> Grapploct (probably same nickname)

Seamus: Ferrothorn -> Rillaboom

Pandora: Magnezone -> Hatterene (nickname Macaroni)

Barker: Manectric -> Boltund (probably same nickname)

Cherry: Camerupt -> Orbeetle

Brutus: Electivire, Incineroar -> Corviknight (Taxi), Falinks (Train) (Kommo-o renamed MonsterT)

Meda: Noctowl -> Indeedee

Ryoko: Haxorus -> Dragapult 

Lemon, Blueberry, and Strawberry may get their respective Alcremie flavors, but I'm not sure if that would be too repetitive

Some of the swaps were easy to decide for. For example, Cherry and Camerupt because I realized that Camerupt is actually orange and not red, and that the reason its Pokedex color is red is because orange isn't one of the dex color classifications. Tomas's Dragalge and Alumia's Bronzong because in both cases the Gym Leaders battled 2 places before them, Draga and Isabelle, also have those Pokemon. 

Some were harder, like with Gina. All of Gina's current team suits her, and all of the Gen 8 Ghosts do too. The reason I chose Gengar to swap out is because I felt like it had the loosest connection to its nickname. It was nicknamed Tower because of the Pokemon Tower, but the other nickname connections are closer/more recognizable, like Mimikyu as Hermit because of the disguise. With Carol I'm still deciding. Mawile would be a good candidate from the repetition angle with Alumia, but I like the Baguette nickname. Ones with nicknames not listed I haven't thought of a nickname for yet.

On how some of the extremely specific Gen 8 evo methods will be handled:

Galarian Yamask into Runerigus will be level 34 like Unovan Yamask. Milcery into Alcremie will evolve just with having the sweet items used on them like an evolution stone, and form changes into different Alcremie flavors may be done at Carol's gym with the door to the bakery now open. 

There will also be a regional Galar quiz for the Trainer School and a Galar hometown choice option like with the other regions, but I'm not sure if either of those will be in the next reupload. The only Gen 8 updates I can confirm for the next reupload is updates to learnsets and already existing moves. The player's hometown option for Galar will be Circhester.

MAP REVAMP IMPLEMENTATION

As mentioned earlier in the announcement, the next reupload will mainly focus on adding more of Enigma's revamped maps. I started out adding the smaller ones like the herb and berry shops, and I've slowly been working my way up. The most recent reupload included a lot of medium-sized inside maps, and now I'm ready to transfer over the bigger outside ones too. I've also been updating some scenes with the map revamps, most notably since Cave of Resolve is now a direct link between Western Waterway and Gellene Town, the player now teams up with Draga both for the bridge and the cave.

image.png.49581ece9d619d0160476bceca7019cc.png

I've already updated DDDL and Return to Dreamland's maps for the revamps being added for their next reuploads. Vince&Sylveon might enjoy this image of a campfire at Tinder Village (from Return to Dreamland)!

image.png.5814a2d7e972aeb97b2216426019d154.png

The next announcement will be when the Norall maps are completed and I've gone through them, which Enigma has made a lot of progress on recently. The screenshots I was shown of the mountain last week were amazing! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

HAPPY NEW YEAR, NORALL REVAMPS, MINT CHOCOLATE CHIPS

I hope the start of the new year has been going well for everyone! 🎆

image.png.0c39e3bc99bdd9ea4789cb68e8b5641a.png

image.png.0f85917d9eb998b0c78a48bfc8478fd4.png

Progress on the Norall revamps is ongoing, but a lot of progress has been made on the outside of the city and mountain and Enigma sent me a link to what's been done so far. In the last post I mentioned the skyview at Norall Mountain. Here's what it looks like at daytime and night time:

qzXhqg8.png

pGpHhvp.png

The Snorunt are also still here!

image.png.ef036a9a34ccf4e14a3b39350db67c0c.png

As I mentioned in the announcement from October, the tilesets used for the Norall maps were made by Michael and Josie, the developers of Pokemon Present. I'd like to once again thank them for allowing Spork to use these tiles and for putting the tilesets together, as well as Enigma for continuing to make incredible revamped maps for Spork! Norall really looks like a festive wintery place, especially with the snowmen, wreaths, and Stantler!

image.png.1159d98170485c13aa93e6fdfe9dd64a.png

The shinies currently being made for the next reupload are Seel and Dewgong! The canon Seel and Dewgong shinies look very close to the regular Seel and Dewgong. Steffi's idea was to make cookies and cream seals, like this one:

adfgSgd.png

After I made prototypes for the cookies and cream Seel and Dewgong and Steffi and Palletite discussed, the idea transformed into mint chocolate chip! 

A lot of the recently-made custom shinies have been given to trainers, but Seel and Dewgong will just be findable for players. This also applies to any future shinies made, partially due to concern that there are too many trainers in Spork that have shinies. However, I've added a section in the Shiny Scouting area for all of Spork's custom shinies for the next reupload! 

For other news:

I mentioned in the last announcement that I wasn't sure how soon a Galar trainer school quiz and Galar hometown option (Circhester) would be done. The hometown option for Circhester most likely won't be added yet (mainly due to Galar Lass overworld and trainer sprites needed for Battle Factory, Sea Star Society if player chooses Circhester, and inter-regional tour group at Virima Hotel) but I did add a Galar quiz to the trainer school region quizzes for the next reupload. I didn't miss the opportunity to use a question from Opal's quizzes on the Galar quiz!

After the next reupload, I'd also like to do more updates on the wiki that Apro created and update the bug reporting thread, since I feel like I've been focusing a lot more on the game lately than on the additional resources like those two. The bug reporting thread hasn't been updated for a few reuploads, even though every reupload comes with issues being discovered and fixed. I think instead of keeping already fixed bugs there too, after the next reupload I'll update it to only list ones in the public release. I had the fixed bugs listed with their own text color in case people with older reuploads noticed that a bug they experienced has been fixed in a more recent upload, but I'm kind of worried that the list might get too long if I keep doing that. The wiki will also definitely need updating to account for the map revamps, since some trainers have been added and I've also removed some, like the trainers in Cianosa City which I changed to regular NPCs (aside from the Audino trainer). Plus I've been meaning to fill out the remainder of the In the Game sections for the characters for a while. 

I think that was everything I was going to mention for now 

Image result for pyukumuku thumbs up"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Reuploaded (mediafire) DDDL and Spork 

An important note before the reupload notes: If you're in any map accessible before Cool Cave, please save inside of any Pokemon Center or Pokemart before downloading the new reupload, or save in Cool Cave or a map that's accessed after Cool Cave. A lot of revamped maps were imported this reupload.

DDDL Updates:

-revamped maps added: Olidroll City (Services, Residential, Recreation districts)
-added item Pewter Crunchies (in candy shop)

DDDL Bug fixes:

-adjusted battler altitude for Espurr

Spork Updates:

-added all of Enigma's revamped maps up to Norall Mountain Base (just before Cool Cave; Norall Mountain Base is the revamped North Fork)

-updated all levelup learnsets to Gen 8

-shiny mint chocolate chip Seel and Dewgong
-debug menu is now publicly accessible so that people who don't have and/or can't get RPG Maker can easily change values like EVs and IVs of their Pokemon without needing to reset, etc. 
-added Galar quiz to Trainer School region quizzes
-added Spork's custom shinies to Shiny Scouting
-separated dream starter selection into two maps to reduce lag (they still look like the same one map ingame, but they're two halves of the map connected)
-Meda now has a backsprite during the double battle vs Ivan and Brutus (made by Steffi and Palletite)
-Steffi added updated controls graphic to intro scene which shows keys for alphabetical bag sorting, autosave, and speedup
-Felicia's Alolan Persian -> Absol and nickname theme changed to ice cream flavors

-a lot of early story scenes have updated dialogue, sometimes to account for map revamps and sometimes because I felt the scenes needed polishing
-Skarmory -> Corviknight for flying between Mt. Spoon and surrounding areas (overworld sprite made by SageDeoxys)
-added Alolan Meowth to Shiny Scouting, switched location to heads/tails event with Meowth @ Olidroll (regular Meowth being heads and Alolan being tails)
-in the intro scene during trainer selection, there's now an "Is this you?" question after selecting, in case you want to see all of the player characters before deciding on one
-Attract now works on all Pokemon regardless of gender unless they're immune to the status condition through an ability
-added item Pewter Crunchies (in candy shop and Sea Star Society Food Section vendor), Band Autograph (Galar quiz reward)
-Carol's Clefable is now shiny and nickname changed to Melonpan
-Carol's region she would like to visit in Data Vault statistics/demographics section changed from Kalos to Galar

-new music for Virima Trail, Western Waterway, Fork in the Road, and Weather Wonderland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKkfpbGe8AU

-new Norall City music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc0IwuXFmIc

-Steffi updated shading on shiny Gallade

Spork bug fixes:

-adjusted battler altitude for Golett, Slurpuff, Jangmo-o, Espurr, Fletchling, Timburr, Maractus, Ducklett, Azelf, Gourgeist, Furfrou, Grubbin, Venipede, Minccino, Cobalion, Dwebble, Reshiram, Zekrom, Aurorus, Zorua, Vullaby, Carvanha, Skiddo, Castform, Darumaka, Dewpider, Shelmet, Mienfoo, Magnemite, Hawlucha, Komala, Volcanion
-fixed some Olidroll Underground cave walls being passable, and counter priority at a Ceolis Ranger Base desk 
-in Data Vault statistics/demographics section now mentions Peach's nickname theme is Splatoon (forgot to update last reupload)
-added Tapu surge abilities to gen7movesandabilities notepad file; forgot to add them before

a couple other notes on the changes and the future:

originally I was going to update the TM and tutor learnsets for Gen 8 too, but I got burned out on learnsets after doing a few of them, since it was right after updating to all the Gen 8 learnsets. So updates for TMs and tutors will be in the next reupload. 

the lag in the starter selection room is something I've wanted to find a way to address for a while and wasn't really sure how, and especially with the coming Gen 8 additions. IIRC, maps start to lag at around 200 events, and the starter selection had way more than that. Splitting the map into two was Steffi's suggestion after we tried a few other ways to divide the map

similarly, with the intro scene, control info accessibility and trainer selection are also something we've wanted to improve on for a long time. The alphabetical bag sorting, autosave, and speedup keys weren't mentioned anywhere in the game or in additional resources outside of reupload notes in this thread. And for trainer selection, once you selected one, there was no way to go back and see the other player characters before making a decision (which is something I've heard mentioned when watching playthroughs). 

for Felicia, I changed her nickname theme to ice cream flavors to be close to Delicia's general food nickname theme since they're sisters, and because there wasn't much of a connection between Felicia and RWBY. I actually only made her nickname theme RWBY to begin with because I couldn't think of another theme to go with shiny neapolitan Sylveon Neo (although Neo I can see as being magician-related with her illusion powers). Ice cream flavors would be the obvious route but for some reason it didn't occur to me until recently; 

a map I considered showing in the December announcement (pictured below) was Virima Trail. Enigma remade Virima Trail as a cycling path, which I thought was neat since Spork didn't have a cycling road before. When importing the maps, I got the idea to make a second Virima Trail map for Furret walking, and players can travel through Virima Trail through either. (Emily appears with Furret in both paths)

as mentioned in the last announcement there'll be a short intermission before working on the next reupload where I update the additional resources like the bug reporting thread, FAQ, and wiki 

image.png.1b3a57ff99dcca8a0d447f6704813ff0.png

image.png.983ec39774bde04e56419fe91b880d0d.png

image.png.f69dc46127f5565bf7f8e94ee0b78b5c.png

Thank you for your continued enjoyment of Spork! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Global Mods

Google Drive links are now up to date!

There were also a couple of bugs that were fixed (which have also been reuploaded to mediafire) between the last post and now, two of which would be game-breaking to players who've completed parts of the game going back to earlier maps and activating new events that weren't there in previous reuploads:

-if you entered Cianosa City from the Western Waterway gatehouse without having done the Bunnelby event from the Virima Trail entrance, the game would freeze

-if you entered the Classic Park - Olidroll gatehouse from the Olidroll side without having met Kelani from the Classic Park entrance, you'd be stuck at the Olidroll entrance unable to move 

-a black tile could be walked through in a house in Cianosa City

-a tree in Gellene Town could be walked through

the reason that the game-breaking bugs weren't discovered during testing is because I was doing each map in order of when they're visited in the game, so I'd already activated those events when they're intended to be activated by the time I moved on to later maps. Apologies if anyone got stuck!

✅

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Early reupload to fix a game-breaking issue (both mediafire and Google Drive links are up to date) where the doors in Mysterious Mansion transfered the player to the houses in Tinder Village for some reason. I'm not sure why that was happening since it wasn't when I imported the revamped map, and I checked Return to Dreamland and all the doors led to the correct places there. Additionally:

-Steffi added item graphics for the Frontier Pass and Clipboard

-added Rock Polish TM to Sand Castle (was missing)

-fixed Pokemon healing music playing right before battle preventing the battle music from playing in the Virima Trail battle with Emily and the second and third battles at the trainer school marble tournament

-the learnsets for TMs and tutor moves in Spork that are TMs in SwSh are now up to date, as are a few TMs and tutor moves that are TRs in SwSh: Swords Dance, Flamethrower, Surf, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Low Kick, Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Earthquake (currently in the process of working on these)

-updated the mountain wall in Tullborn City where the Dark Dungeon exit/entrance is to be like the one in Vince&Sylveon's Forest Guardian (also did so for DDDL; for DDDL currently mediafire link is up to date)

OHTtcSZ.png

• Thanks 1

• Global Mods

Reuploaded DDDL (mediafire) and Spork (both mediafire and Google Drive links up to date) again after discovering another map transfer issue

DDDL:

-added Reborn's move animations from E18 and E18.2

-adjusted battler altitude for Sandile 

Spork:

-Vince&Sylveon made new E4 and Champion rooms

-added Reborn's move animations from E18 and E18.2

-a few more TM and tutor learnsets for SwSh TRs have been updated (everything up to 20 numerically)

-fixed Hall of Fame transferring player to Virima Trail outside boundaries of main map when revisiting after becoming Champion (now goes to player's room in Virima Hotel as intended)

-adjusted battler altitude for Sandile

-fixed PC countertop priority in Pokemon League entrance

It's thanks to Vince&Sylveon that I found the Hall of Fame issue, since I was checking all the map connections in the Pokemon League after adding the maps Vince made. Thanks to Vince&Sylveon for making the E4 + Champion rooms! I was confident I'd checked all the map transfers when importing the revamped maps and mentally double-checked to make sure everything that needed updating would be accounted for, but I forgot about the Hall of Fame completely. Hopefully this should be last quick succession reupload needed to fix a game-breaking issue.

I've been meaning to add E18's new move animations since development of episode 8 began, and responded to someone asking at that time that I planned to add them, but I kept forgetting. I decided to add them just after I found and fixed the Hall of Fame issue since the animations resurfaced in my memory a few days ago. 

EDIT: DDDL Google Drive link now up to date!

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Reuploaded DDDL and Spork (mediafire)

DDDL:

-battles with ICSW, Natalie, and Crolea now continue whether Delicia wins or loses
-removed French language option since Cybershell's French translation project was discontinued

-removed leftover Essentials Route 2 map text
-? and ! animations now appear over NPCs again

Spork Updates:

-the game now continues after several major battles whether the player wins or loses

-added Vince&Sylveon monument to House of Gratitude

-added Vince&Sylveon's Virima Hotel battle background

-Quinn's trainer class changed from Portal Navigator to Portal Diver

-Cycling Virima Trail and Furret Walk Virima Trail now have different Pokemon that appear

-new Furret Walk Virima Trail music: https://soundcloud.com/pigeonthepigeon/accumula-town-gentle?in=pigeonthepigeon/sets/w-a-l-c-c-arrangements-for-furret-videos

-Steffi adjusted hair color on Kalos Lass overworld sprite

-removed French language option since Cybershell's French translation project was discontinued

-added all SwSh TMs and TRs as TMs and tutor moves; Pokemon TM and tutor learnsets updated

-Wendy's TM changed from Leech Life to Pollen Puff

-the Pledge moves now have 80 power as they do after Gen 5

-Pledge tutor moved to Trainer School; Terrain tutor takes his place in Battle Mall

-added moves Breaking Swipe, Branch Poke, Steel Beam, Body Press

-moved Battle Frontier move tutors to Bolaii Beach 

-tmlocationlist notepad file renamed tmandtutorlocationlist and includes move tutor locations 

-gen7movesandabilities notepad file renamed gen7and8movesandabilities and includes Gen 8 moves in the game (no abilities added yet)

Spork bug fixes:

-can no longer walk through cliff vines (and possibly skip the battle with Orange in the process) at Aliora Meadow

-Jim now always faces the player's direction when noticing the player at Premoggin Canyon

-sliding ice at Weather Wonderland snowy section now slides

-adjusted battler altitude for Volcarona, Meowstic, Lanturn, Bunnelby

-removed leftover Essentials Route 2 map text

-set unset trainer battle with Scientist in VR Lab

-? and ! animations now appear over NPCs again

-Ocean Coast mailbox priority fix

-Steffi fixed size of Giratina battle sprites

-changed Stomping Tantrum (Frontier now Bolaii Beach move tutor move) to High Horsepower as Stomping Tantrum is not in the game

updated TM & tutor learnsets currently does not include the list of Pokemon Home untransferrable Pokemon that was recently revealed. Since 200 of those Pokemon will end up being transferrable in the DLCs coming this summer, I'll wait until then in case any of them get any changed/updated learnsets from the list (+plus current exhaustion just from doing the ones that are in SwSh). However, I did give Amaura and Aurorus Aurora Veil and Power Gem, moves they don't get that would make perfect sense for them to have

There were a few things I had planned for this reupload that were moved back to future reuploads due to how physically draining updating the TM & tutor learnsets was. On the other side of the coin, having major battles aside from the first one with Emily be win/lose optional was originally a distant future plan that was pushed earlier to this reupload

the win/lose optional battles in Spork are: Virima Hotel Emily, Virima Trail Emily, Western Waterway Crolea, Gellene Town Emily, Olidroll City Crolea, Olidroll Sweets Shop Delicia, Weather Wonderland Emily, Premoggin Canyon Jim, Lovely Lake Emily, Silk Studio Pandora, Sea Star Shrine Ivan, Astral Observatory Quinn, Mt. Comet Felicia, Alumia's Appliances Ivan & Brutus, Melodic Mines Barker, Crystal Caverns Crolea, Party City Crolea, Team Portal HQ Pandora, Data Vault Guardian, Dentist's Office dentist during the last police sidequest, and all postgame rematches aside from the Frontier Brains

sometimes dialogue is different depending on whether the player wins or loses and sometimes it's the same; usually if the dialogue doesn't mention the player winning then I kept it the same for losing, whereas if it did mention the player winning I changed it. In Emily and Pandora's cases, there are small dialogue differences later on as well depending on whether you win or lose certain battles, but there are no changes to the story itself. 

an example for if the player wins the battle with Pandora at Silk Studio, but loses at Team Portal HQ:

image.png.a0810ab8c2b54256cffe88ab5a78cfd9.png

Quinn's trainer class was changed because navigator sounds more like a sailor than a diver

I think the stage has been set for Gen 8 whenever the new Pokemon can be added, so next reupload I can spend more time making other updates to the game without needing to account for burnout from Gen 8 preparations!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • Global Mods

42 weeks after seeding: The pineapple plant is carefully planted in the ground by hand.

image.png.9a592381fd43917ba7641c82ec2e2c1f.png

44th week: Purple flowers appear - about 6 petals grow every day.

image.png.55296be4c6d7efa2d692fb72dbb40745.png

58th week: The pineapple is ripe and ready for harvesting. The external colour of the fruit does not necessarily reflect the internal condition of the fruit. The fruit is always harvested at exactly the right point of ripeness because pineapples do not continue to ripen after harvest.

image.png.f253f47e869acae53d10483cf2eef78d.png

(source: http://www.dole.eu/dole-earth/farmtour/pineapple/hotspot/growing-stages.html )

It's been a while since there's been any progress updates, but there's a lot to announce today! Starting with the above, the next custom shiny is the Gible line, resembling pineapples! Steffi and Palletite put in a lot of time and research with having them look like different stages of pineapple growth, and SilverAngelus/Solviera also helped with the shading and Garchomp's striped wings!

They're also not the only shinies that have been updated for the next reupload. Palletite made revamps of the Holiday Pokemon too! 

image.png.62a4070ab12009f9df36e90e68c6e854.pngimage.png.8334f2b0b560631dc79249b09031e830.pngimage.png.ac00aec586cf51f69ba05a6e50039aea.pngimage.png.8c47c4d0ce2ca5fd881b223eafb5ae4d.pngimage.png.427363a7b8110aecccd61d7d7b53c46b.png

Halloween Espurr is in a halloween candy bag and has candy corn ears, Christmas Slowking is based on a yule log cake, Valentine Starmie is illuminated with hearts, and the Meowstic have pastel Easter tones! 

There's a human character sprite that Steffi revamped too! Where before Anthony used the Techie overworld sprite from Reborn, he'll now have his own design!

image.png.69eaf9d78bfedbc72eed9811c13e3aa8.png

EEVEELUTION ZODIAC

image.png.19caaa0495e6bb74fa021af9b143f569.png

With the Eeveelution zodiac, you can choose a sign and receive some small benefits based on the sign you chose! Each Eeveelution has a month, and the months not covered by an Eeveelution are occupied by Eevee. With each Eeveelution sign, you'll get an evolution stone as a gift, the opportunity to obtain a specific legendary before the postgame (scaled down in level), and an overworld boost unique to each sign! I wrote a notepad file to help players choose before deciding. Info on each in below in spoiler box:

Eevee: Eviolite gift. For the NPC in Liliech City who asks to see Eeveelutions, and the Regice quest when you need to gather Eeveelutions and Pyukumuku, the Eeveelutions will show up automatically for you. 

Vaporeon: Water Stone gift. You'll be able to buy for free from the Sea Star vendors that sell items for Heart Scales. You can obtain Suicune before the postgame. 

Jolteon: Thunder Stone gift. You can get Game Corner prizes without coins. You can obtain Raikou before the postgame. 

Flareon: Fire Stone gift. For the ingredient mixing NPCs (Berry Juice, Rare Candy, Max Ether, Max Elixir) you can get the items without needing to gather the ingredients. You can obtain Entei before the postgame. 

Espeon: Sun Stone gift. Hidden items in the overworld will be visible with a sparkle graphic. You can obtain Cresselia before the postgame. 

Umbreon: Moon Stone gift. For the hide and seek sidequest, the character will be visible for you. You can obtain Darkrai before the postgame. 

Leafeon: Leaf Stone gift. On every map that has wild encounters and/or trainers, you'll be healed as soon as you enter as well as after each battle. You can get Shaymin before the postgame. 

Glaceon: Ice Stone gift. Access to the nature changer in the False Fortunes tent as soon as you choose this sign. You can obtain Articuno before the postgame.

Sylveon: Shiny Stone gift. Access to the idol costumes in the False Fortunes tent as soon as you choose this sign. For the idol quest at the part where you sing songs by filling in the blanks, you won't need to fill in any blanks after the practice song with Chelsea and will sing them immediately. You can get Diancie before the postgame.

image.png.9506b6607d1da7b4936dd8229e39bc18.png

I also moved the questions about the player and Emily's home region and parents' occupations to the Tourist Info Center at the start of the game. I thought the Tourist Info Center would make more sense for this information to come up, and would let me do more with the concept. I also realized it was strange for Crolea to assume the player and Emily have parents plural, when Crolea herself has one parent. There's now some additional dialogue in some places depending on what you pick. If you're from Ecruteak City, this comes up when speaking to Ashley and Kayla. If you're from Malie City, this comes up when first meeting Chelsea. At the Pokemon Research Institute, there's a little extra dialogue when speaking to Crolea if your parents are scientists, and Seamus has extra dialogue at the Ranger Base if your parents are rangers. As of now there's no extra dialogue if your parents are chefs, since I'm saving that for the Applin sidequest when it's time for the Gen 8 reupload. 

A NOTE ABOUT GEN 8

At the end of the last reupload post, I mentioned that I'd be able to do more this reupload without having to worry about burnout from Gen 8 prep. The reupload currently being worked on was sort of the opposite. I had so much extra time that I was able to add in the Gen 8 Pokemon, the moves and abilities that I was able to script, set up a starter selection area for the Gen 8 Pokemon, and do the Battle Factory Galar Arena + trainer teams and dialogue in advance (Galar Lass trainer sprite made by mid117). However, Gen 8 Pokemon won't be in this reupload, since there's still a few things that need to be done that I need to follow Rejuv's schedule on. One is some of the shiny sprites, another is some of the Gigantamax sprites (which will be mega evolutions; will also use the stats decided on by Rejuv), and the battle cries. In Pokecommunity's Gen 8 scripting thread there's a link to all the battle cries from Gens 1-8, but when I tried to open the folder after downloading, it froze my laptop. The starter selection for Gen 8 and Battle Factory maps will exist in the game, but not be publicly accessible until everything for Gen 8 is ready. My goal is for the reupload after the upcoming one to be the Gen 8 reupload. I already have most of the Pokemon locations and quests planned out, as well as the character team changes. 

Something I forgot to mention before is that the fossils won't be in Spork, because I feel bad about them being parts of different Pokemon mixed together. If we ever see what the original Pokemon looked like whole, those ones will be added, but the ones with mismatching heads and torsos won't. 

Somewhat related, there will be some small updates to the Game Corner over time: 

after the player reaches Gellene Town, Electabuzz employees are hired to replace the losses with the Team Portal members:

i5Y72KT.png

after the player becomes Champion, the Electabuzz have cleaned up Team Portal's mess and made the Game Corner neat and tidy!

dBlKerc.png

For the next reupload, this will just be a small aesthetic change + some background info from the floor manager Electabuzz in Barker's seat. But the reason I mentioned it's somewhat related to Gen 8 is that Zacian and Zamazenta's quest will start here! 

For the next reupload I'd like to thank Palletite and Steffi for all the amazing new sprites, SilverAngelus/Solviera for helping with the 🍍, and Vince&Sylveon for the new Victory Road (which is showcased on Vince's channel and mentioned in Moonblast run thread)! 

For progress on the next reupload, currently Steffi and Palletite are in the process of making the Mega Garchomp pineapple shiny and the overworld sprites for the Holiday Pokemon. They're currently very busy with online classes, as well as adjusting to classes going from physical to online as a result of the COVID-19 situation, so it may be a while still before the next reupload is ready. Responsibilities and safety are top priority, and I hope everyone's been doing well considering recent events! 

• Thanks 3