Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
7 minutes ago, Kat1218 said:

Actually I can fly away. And I climbed down the waterfall facing the waterfall, but after that I can only climb up and down the waterfall/move sideways along the waterfall. Basically I'll be stuck at either the top or bottom of the waterfall

I just set the white tiles at the bottom of the waterfall as passable, and after that I was able to surf by interacting with the water tiles south of the white part of the waterfall. Here's the edited map; this goes in the Data folder. Are you able to move after downloading this?

Map365.rxdata

• Global Mods
28 minutes ago, Kat1218 said:

Still doesn't work for me

Seems like i got off the mount once i waterfalled down

Is it because i don't have a pokemon who has surf? I can still use surf though

I was able to Surf after landing on one of the white tiles. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I needed to give you the tileset I updated too? I think this is my first time uploading files for fixing something like this, and I wasn't sure whether I needed to give you just the map or both the map and tileset, so I tried just the map first to see if that was all that was needed. Here's the tileset data; this also goes in the Data folder. If this doesn't work for you I could reupload the game, but hopefully it'll work since I wasn't ready to reupload yet; there were a few other changes I wanted to make and the fact that this issue was discovered when it would have normally been maybe a week or two before I was ready to reupload again (if this doesn't work) is giving me anxiety;;;

Tilesets.rxdata

• Global Mods
34 minutes ago, Kat1218 said:

While i'm at it, it also happens when i go up the waterfall. Could you help me fix this? Thanks

image.png

I'm happy it worked!

Just the map should be needed this time; I edited the waterfall events to transfer the player to the bridges above the waterfalls (for the first two) and the area where Mesprit is (for the top waterfall), so you'll be on land this time. 

Map365.rxdata

So, two things that I had in my mind:

I've made a tentative map for the third part of Ceolis, which starts at Mt. Spoon and ends on Pokémon League. I feel like this is a somewhat accurate representation based on what I've explored.

And second, I was thinking if adding teleport panels on a building between Aliora City and Classic Park makes sense since by looking at the Town Map, the location between Aliora City (first part) and Classic Park (second part) are drastically apart from each other.

suggest.png

map.png

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

So, two things that I had in my mind:

I've made a tentative map for the third part of Ceolis, which starts at Mt. Spoon and ends on Pokémon League. I feel like this is a somewhat accurate representation based on what I've explored.

And second, I was thinking if adding teleport panels on a building between Aliora City and Classic Park makes sense since by looking at the Town Map, the location between Aliora City (first part) and Classic Park (second part) are drastically apart from each other.

suggest.png

map.png

The map is completely accurate! About Aliora City and Classic Park on the map, they are connected through the gatehouse, the reason they're in different places on the map is because I couldn't fit Classic Park above Aliora City there since Aliora Meadow was already above it. 

• Like 1

I just found out that the Lilligant Emily has was named Lana instead of Lily when facing her at the Pokémon League. Saw it in both of my adventures.

Oh, and I’ll attempt to combine two maps into one regarding the intersection between Aliora City and Classic Park.

• Like 1

• Global Mods
6 hours ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

I just found out that the Lilligant Emily has was named Lana instead of Lily when facing her at the Pokémon League. Saw it in both of my adventures.

Oh, and I’ll attempt to combine two maps into one regarding the intersection between Aliora City and Classic Park.

Changed Lilligant's nickname to Lily in the league battle; I might have mixed up Lana and Lily since they both start with L. And thanks @ offering to connect them on the map! 

I have yet to connect the dots, but I couldn't get enough of an adventure. I'm planning on recording a third adventure, but with increased difficulty. Updated level caps and a notepad of modified trainer rosters. Intense Mode Rejuvenation style! Some Pokémon may carry an illegal move for the sake of ramping up the difficulty. I will hopefully playtest each and every single important trainers. So far, I got up to badge 1 covered.

intense preview.png

trainercard.png

• Upvote 1

Following up from my previous post showing the level cap, this file contained modified trainers of Pokémon Spork up into the ending. And also the script for level caps.

blurb from myself:

"So I've played two adventures in Pokémon Spork: one as the fun blind playthrough and one with customized level caps. I think I might be unstoppable...until the day I found some PBS files. With the ability to edit trainers, I made it so that the difficulty is on par with Reborn and Rejuvenation. The lack of field effects is offset by making some Pokémon contain illegal moves. Ranging from Boomburst Pixilate Sylveon to Typhlosion Energy Ball, I'll be hard pressed to find a reliable counter. But I guess that's part of the fun that I'm willing to risk. The file is attached, play at your own risk. And if you have the ability to debug to reduce your Pokémon levels, then you will need to do that over the course of your adventure because you will overlevel! Well, what am I waiting for?! I gotta test this excruciating hard game!"

trainers.txt

levelscript.png

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
12 hours ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

Following up from my previous post showing the level cap, this file contained modified trainers of Pokémon Spork up into the ending. And also the script for level caps.

blurb from myself:

"So I've played two adventures in Pokémon Spork: one as the fun blind playthrough and one with customized level caps. I think I might be unstoppable...until the day I found some PBS files. With the ability to edit trainers, I made it so that the difficulty is on par with Reborn and Rejuvenation. The lack of field effects is offset by making some Pokémon contain illegal moves. Ranging from Boomburst Pixilate Sylveon to Typhlosion Energy Ball, I'll be hard pressed to find a reliable counter. But I guess that's part of the fun that I'm willing to risk. The file is attached, play at your own risk. And if you have the ability to debug to reduce your Pokémon levels, then you will need to do that over the course of your adventure because you will overlevel! Well, what am I waiting for?! I gotta test this excruciating hard game!"

trainers.txt 118.18 kB · 4 downloads

levelscript.png

This wouldn't change anything difficulty wise with your modifications, but for the next reupload, something I'm working on is revamping the shiny Honedge line. When this is done, Kayla's Aegislash will be shiny, and nickname will be changed to Annie. 

Kayla's Pokemon are nicknamed after characters from the fighting game Skullgirls. Annie didn't win the vote to become a playable character but she is canon and popular, and Honedge line will have colors of her outfit, hair, and sword. 

When the reupload is done/change is made would you be willing to update your trainers.txt file with this change? 

I wanted to revamp the shiny Honedge line because I realized around a week ago while in the Battlers folder that shiny Aegislash has blood markings on it, which I thought was way too dark for atmosphere in Spork. I thought it was maybe a shiny copied over from Reborn, since Essentials doesn't have any Gen 6 Pokemon sprites, but looking in E18 folder shiny Honedge line is different, so maybe they were changed in Reborn too. 

Either way, as said it wouldn't change anything with difficulty, but was wondering if you'd be okay with updating it once the change was made. This is the only change made to trainer battles for the next reupload. 

Also, I did look at some trainers in your document and was impressed at all the changes; a lot of thought was put into it!

• Like 1

Following up with your request, I changed Aegislash's nickname. Also, the shiny counterpart was found from the files of Pokémon Rejuvenation. A purple colored sword instead of a red one.

Also, I will eventually start my insane mode soon. I just gotta make a 1280x720 picture of Sierran before I begin.

I just checked the actual character of her, and trying to find a green color scheme for Aegislash is pretty hard.

screenshot.png

• Like 1

• Global Mods
5 hours ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

Following up with your request, I changed Aegislash's nickname. Also, the shiny counterpart was found from the files of Pokémon Rejuvenation. A purple colored sword instead of a red one.

Also, I will eventually start my insane mode soon. I just gotta make a 1280x720 picture of Sierran before I begin.

I just checked the actual character of her, and trying to find a green color scheme for Aegislash is pretty hard.

screenshot.png

I'm currently working on the shiny Honedge line with review/feedback from Steffi. So far Honedge is complete, and progress for the shinies is on hold right now until tonight at 5-7 PM EST.

I used this as a reference pic:

Image result for annie skullgirls

679s.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I may have found a bug regarding Natalie (the Bat Lady). When you use Sky Drop on her Gliscor, it will say the move doesn't affect it. Then EVERY attack afterward will miss (including sure-shot moves like Swift and Aura Sphere!). This bug will affect every single Pokemon in your party. In short, until this bug is fixed, do NOT use Sky Drop on ANY Gliscor (not sure if Natalie's is the only one bugged, so just...play it safe).

This is definitely a bug because there are no moves, type combos or abilities that render a Pokemon immune to flying-type moves...that I know of.

P.S. I think I know what causes the bug: due to Gliscor's glitched "immunity", Sky Drop never finishes, and is therefore considered "stuck in the air", and can't attack or be attacked.

I'm going to see if the bug affects any other flying-type moves (such as Fly, Acrobatics or Aerial Ace).

Update: It seems as though only Sky Drop is affected by this bug. Fly and Acrobatics work as intended.

• Global Mods
27 minutes ago, Mewtwo Prime said:

I may have found a bug regarding Natalie (the Bat Lady). When you use Sky Drop on her Gliscor, it will say the move doesn't affect it. Then EVERY attack afterward will miss (including sure-shot moves like Swift and Aura Sphere!). This bug will affect every single Pokemon in your party. In short, until this bug is fixed, do NOT use Sky Drop on ANY Gliscor (not sure if Natalie's is the only one bugged, so just...play it safe).

This is definitely a bug because there are no moves, type combos or abilities that render a Pokemon immune to flying-type moves...that I know of.

P.S. I think I know what causes the bug: due to Gliscor's glitched "immunity", Sky Drop never finishes, and is therefore considered "stuck in the air", and can't attack or be attacked.

I'm going to see if the bug affects any other flying-type moves (such as Fly, Acrobatics or Aerial Ace).

Update: It seems as though only Sky Drop is affected by this bug. Fly and Acrobatics work as intended.

Sky Drop was removed from the game several months ago for this reason. I also rechecked just now with control + F in trainers.txt and pokemon.txt and there are no mentions of Sky Drop, so you might be running an older download of the game. 

That's the link I used to download the game, though.

I wonder if somehow Sky Drop was simply removed from the movelists, but NOT the actual Pokemon? It seems Aerodactyl still has the move. I can easily replace it with Fly if it'll get rid of the bug. Also of note: by avoiding using Sky Drop on Gliscor, I was able to progress further into the story. Strange that I never ran into this in earlier runs through the game (one of which saw me get to the 17th badge).

• Global Mods
6 minutes ago, Mewtwo Prime said:

That's the link I used to download the game, though.

Something I just realized, did your Pokemon know Sky Drop before ep 8, and/or did you get the TM before it was removed? I deleted it from Pokemon learnsets but I didn't remove the move itself from the game, because I didn't want to risk causing game-breaking errors for people who already taught it before it was removed from learnsets.

Edit: it seems like you thought of the same thing as me; that's correct

Actually, I started a new game on Episode 8. Therefore, there seems to be at least one Pokemon (Aerodactyl, there may be others) who retain Skydrop in its/their learnset(s). I can always just avoid teaching my Pokemon the move (if it's still in their learnsets), and trash any Sky Drop TMs that might be in my inventory. I think it was due to having used the Debug mode to fill my bag with 99 of every item in the game that reintroduced it. If so, my bad.

• Global Mods
Just now, Mewtwo Prime said:

Actually, I started a new game on Episode 8.

Huh, I'm not really sure then. The only thing I can think of is if you had an earlier reupload of ep 8 and I removed it in a later reupload of the episode, but I thought I removed Sky Drop when ep 8 was first released. Or maybe that's some script section I'm not aware of or forgot about where Sky Drop can still be taught.

I did use RPGXP and accessed the debug mode in this game's .rxproj file. I gave myself Mewtwo and Giratina (replacing Espurr and my starter, respectively). I also filled my bag with 99 of every item. I think the .rxproj file hasn't been updated to reflect the deletion of Sky Drop. That's how it got back into my game. I might consider using RPGXP to remove any stray typos that have so far escaped proofreading efforts. Trust me--mine are "laser eyes": hardly anything gets past my draconian grammar and spelling acumen. 😉

Also, I remember when I was using an earlier version of your game where Espurr's overworld sprites were slightly..."off". That's been fixed now. I absolutely ADORE Espurr. Imagine an Espurr as a Pokemon trainer. I don't think any human (or Sea Star) trainer could keep up. Heck--it would be like facing a diminutive Crolea (she is completely in sync with her Pokemon, so she doesn't even have to say anything to them during battle).

My personal headcanon is that the player character is in fact a Mew in disguise, and decided to be Emily's adopted younger sibling. This would explain how they can become any gender they choose, or transform into various Pokemon throughout the game (Espurr, M/F Meowstic, Slowking, Cradily, Musharna and Corsola).