Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
40 minutes ago, alvintsang said:

Hi, I don't know is this a bug or not but it seems that the move Geomancy for Xernas is not working. Also, may I ask where is Molten mountain? Tried to find it but couldn't. Thank you so much!

North of Umira, where Isabelle's gym is, there are three gateways in the water. The one on the left leads to Happy Hot Springs and Molten Mountain. I'll test Geomancy later and see if I'm able to fix it. 

• Like 1

I've gotten a bit bored lately and decided to make/edit some aspects of the game with sample pictures! One that I have in mind is optional Level cap for the appropriate situation based on looking at all Gym Leaders. However, I haven't test it yet.

I assume that the Pokémon Spork has multiple saves like other games, mostly renaming the file so that I can put aside my previous save and start another adventure.

sporksamplecap.png

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 7:17 PM, Vince&Sylveon said:

I've gotten a bit bored lately and decided to make/edit some aspects of the game with sample pictures! One that I have in mind is optional Level cap for the appropriate situation based on looking at all Gym Leaders. However, I haven't test it yet.

I assume that the Pokémon Spork has multiple saves like other games, mostly renaming the file so that I can put aside my previous save and start another adventure.

sporksamplecap.png

@Ice Cream Sand Witch I would be able to implement this if this is something you’d be interested in.

• Like 2

• Global Mods

@Vince&Sylveon @Enigma Shot U I think an optional level cap would be cool for the people who'd like to play with one, and the levels written there are perfectly aligned with the Gym Leader levels. Thanks Vince for the picture + suggestion, and to Enigma for offering to implement (as well as the IV changer mentioned earlier). 

• Like 1

• Global Mods
Just now, Vince&Sylveon said:

You’re welcome! Also, I’m not sure if your Gym Leaders or other important characters are maxed EV/IV. Though it be just as challenging as Rejuvenation’s Intense mode if a couple stats are tweaked.

None of the EVs or IVs are set so they're all random. 

Another one of my bored moments, I decided to put my ideas on one session. This time, Frank gets a back sprite overhaul similar to Reborn/Rejuvenation such that some player avatars sent out their Pokémon using their right hand (looking at you male player characters)!

frankback.png

• Like 1

Another day, another drawing. This time, I designed the HP bar to resemble a Spork. I added a blue scale for Pokemon that has 75% or more HP (mostly to show that the Pokémon isn't in serious trouble). A day doesn't go by without using utensils, unless someone avoids certain foods that needs those!

HP bar.png

• Like 1

• Global Mods
6 hours ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

Another day, another drawing. This time, I designed the HP bar to resemble a Spork. I added a blue scale for Pokemon that has 75% or more HP (mostly to show that the Pokémon isn't in serious trouble). A day doesn't go by without using utensils, unless someone avoids certain foods that needs those!

HP bar.png

This is so cool!

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Reuploaded (mediafire) DDDL and Spork:

DDDL:

-alphabetical bag sorting has been added (thanks to Steffi for the script); press A to sort alphabetically

-added read option to ICSW's dream journal

Spork:

-alphabetical bag sorting

-Ceolis's Mega Alakazam as well as the sprites for the shiny Abra line as a whole have been revamped

-added new category to Data Vault for E4 and former Gym Leaders: the names of their badges when they were a Gym Leader (also Sushi mentions hers would be the Dream Badge if she ever chooses to accept Psychic Gym Leader successor to Isabelle during the Ashley/Flame Plate sidequest)

-updated dialogue for Emily at the Astral Observatory during the Lunala scene and Crystal Caverns when ICSW is explaining Mega Evolution; conditional branches for if the player chose Alola or Kalos respectively when asked where they were from by Jim 

-added read option for ICSW's dream journal 

-during the double battles vs Angela and Natalie and Kayla and Ashley, Emily's Tyrantrum now has Rock Slide instead of Earthquake

-fixed being able to walk through a wall tile at the journal room in Lanturn Lighthouse

-selecting Shiny option for Diancie at Shiny Scouting now gives shiny Diancie instead of shiny Celebi
-Meda is no longer still in the audience while also battling her at the Sea Star tournament
-Geomancy now works
-Oblivion Wing no longer has Belch's move effect

image.png.ee8e5e41fbfb52ee9f17a26ae80c2474.png

about Emily's Tyrantrum: when episode 8 was first reuploaded, one of the changes was Emily's Tyrantrum having Earthquake instead of Stealth Rock as it did before for two battles where it had an Assault Vest, since Assault Vest doesn't allow use of non-damaging moves while held, but at the time I didn't realize those battles were for double battles where you team up with Emily, and Stealth Rock was there so that the player didn't take friendly fire from Earthquake. So now Earthquake is Rock Slide. 

about read option for ICSW's dream journal: I forgot to mention in the last reupload, but since I added a "Read?" option for Professor Mangrove's journal entries in case people would accidentally click again after reading, I went back and added it to the journals in Belinda's mansion too, but forgot to update ICSW's journal with the "Read?" option. It's been added now 

updated dialogue:

image.png.51822a65ac8d6ab92efdbf43a38dbe34.png

image.png.2001840de549f06b90ca0b899bb45af3.png

At the Astral Observatory Emily used to say "Lunala?" then Crolea would explain. I realized that if the player and Emily were from Alola, it would be unlikely that Emily wouldn't know about Lunala. 

• Like 3

• Global Mods
19 minutes ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

Today, I made a custom title screen for when the game loads, and the featured character in the front is.....

Little Lime!

Also, is every single Pokémon (807 of them) catchable in this game?

title.png

That's amazing! Good job on the hat macaron! 🥝 jtnKIqB.png

All Pokemon are catchable, yes

• Upvote 1

You're welcome. I actually fiddled around Essentials a little bit. Seems I got the title screen working!

I might do a marathon of trying to complete the Pokedex. Because Sword & Shield didn't want anything to do with the National Pokedex, I might as well catch all 807.

Thanks for infinite Master Balls from Underwater Hotel!

modified.png

• Like 1

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, LegitPlaysPL said:

how do u run da spork 8? i extracted all files from game.exe but still not working

After downloading from the download link, extract the files and go into the extracted folder. Double click the "Game" file with the orange icon and the game will open.

Also the game is for PC; it isn't a ROM hack so it doesn't work on emulators or mobile. I'm not sure what device you're using but I mentioned that because a lot of people who mention downloads for fangames not working are trying to run them on an emulator.

5 minutes ago, thatonecookie said:

does episode 8 include the full game so far or nah

The game is complete story wise, however there will be at least one more major re-upload in the future that will include the revamped Maps for the entire game.

4 hours ago, Kat1218 said:

Is there any reason i'm stuck here? This is in the forest of feeling btw. I can't move after i used waterfall.

image.png

That’s actually an error that I encountered during the testing phase of that map, however I thought I had fixed it. It usually only happens when you attempt to climb the waterfall while facing sideways. Sorry, you’ll need to revert to a previous save, or post your save file for someone to quick fix.

Help! I'm following Skitty's moveset on Bulbapedia, but I think there is a bug where it can't learn any moves by leveling up.

P.S.

I'm letting my Pokemon learn moves by leveling them up before I give them evolutionary stones.

Edited by alan28

• Global Mods
52 minutes ago, alan28 said:

Help! I'm following Skitty's moveset on Bulbapedia, but I think there is a bug where it can't learn any moves by leveling up.

P.S.

I'm letting my Pokemon learn moves by leveling them up before I give them evolutionary stones.

I opened the pokemon.txt and compared Skitty's learnset to Bulbapedia and it seems that in Spork Skitty only learns levelup moves up to level 28; will fix for the next reupload.

(also there's a bug reporting thread for reporting bugs)

EDIT: @alan28 I've fixed Skitty and Delcatty's levelup learnsets; if you need them now rather than waiting for the next reupload here's the pokemon.txt file; in the game folder, place this in the PBS folder and say yes when asked to replace. Also, I forgot to mention but outside of this case where Skitty and Delcatty's levelup learnsets were incomplete, you don't need to wait to use evolution stones because I gave stone evos the same levelup moves as their pre-evolutions

pokemon.txt