Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
20 minutes ago, duelslayer231 said:

What exactly does the universe fragments do?

After you've found all four of them, speak to the scientist at the Pokemon Research Institute who was interested in them (you need to do his sidequests first though) and he'll merge them and give you instructions from there. 

If you don't mind spoilers:

Open the "legendarysidequests" notepad file in the game folder and see the sections on Giratina, Virizion, and Necrozma.

• Thanks 1

• Global Mods

They also regenerate on each visit since it's a mystery dungeon. But considering what happened to some people in the Cave of Compliments, I was worried it might be possible to get stuck in Bunnelby Burrows too. 

Future plans:

There's going to be (at least, but hopefully only) one more reupload in the future. It won't be soon; it'll probably be mid-late August or early September, since I have a lot planned for it. 

First I'd like to thank Cass. I was helping her test audio compression for Reborn today, and she offered to compress Spork's audio for me too. The audio folder is what takes up a majority of size/space in RPG Maker games, and having it compressed will significantly reduce the download time. Cass was able to make the audio folder 500 MB smaller. 

In addition to the compressed audio folder, here are my current notes on what to fix for the next reupload:

-make cave walls in Bunnelby Burrows and Cave of Compliments passable so that players can't get stuck when entering them (I decided I'd rather break the laws of physics than change them from mystery dungeons to regular caves; I just felt like they're cooler as mystery dungeons)

-Scraggy and Scrafty's learnsets need to be updated from Gen 6 to Gen 7

-add the correct party screen icons for the USUM Pokemon and add E18's move animations

-make it clearer that after finding the four Universe Fragments, you're supposed to talk to the scientist at the Pokemon Research Institute before continuing the quest. This isn't mentioned in the notepad file and a few people were confused at this part of the quest because of it

-fix typo in Kayla's speech at Nosy News: loss steam -> lose steam

-fix typo in Emily's dialogue when confronting Pandora at Team Portal's HQ: I'm not still not convinced -> I'm still not convinced

that's everything I've noted so far from posts here, PMs, and watching peoples' playthroughs, but if there's anything else, please let me know. 

I also plan to expand Ocean Coast! I'm not completely happy with the way the map turned out. I like what's there, but I feel like there should be more. The real Ocean Coast is the capital city of the country Serenity, but it seems so small in-game compared to what a capital city would look like. I'd like it to look as spectacular as I imagine it to look like. 

My current theory about my identity on Cerri is also that I am/was a princess of Serenity that lives in Ocean Coast, so that might also be part of why I feel like expanding it. I held back on mentioning that I believe I'm a princess when I was making that post because I was afraid people might think I have something similar to middle schooler 2nd year syndrome, and also because I wasn't as confident back then as I am now in the theory. So I just said I wouldn't be surprised if I could speak the language and visited there a lot instead. But it makes sense given what I know about myself and the experiences + interactions I've had here on Earth. 

I don't want to go into too much detail about what I plan to add, but there will be two more parts to Ocean Coast. These will be optional areas to explore. There won't be any big sidequests with rewards since marbles, legendaries, and everything else is pretty much already covered. But there will still be fun things to see, do, and learn! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

hi,i know that there are 4 holiday pokemon in the game but i can't seem to find the fourth one .do anybody knows where is it?( i already encountered espurr,staryu and slowking).Beside that is there anything else i can do in the distortion world? and how can i get to the cave in classic park(the cave that said i feel like i'm not ready to go in)

• Global Mods
6 hours ago, nhannguyen2141 said:

hi,i know that there are 4 holiday pokemon in the game but i can't seem to find the fourth one .do anybody knows where is it?( i already encountered espurr,staryu and slowking).Beside that is there anything else i can do in the distortion world? and how can i get to the cave in classic park(the cave that said i feel like i'm not ready to go in)

The last set of Holiday Pokemon are in Isabelle's gym. The black space in this part is an entrance to where they are:

image.png.943d5a47d125b2277c775168176b9083.png

For the Distortion World:

If you've gotten Virizion and Giratina, you've done everything there.

For the cave in Classic Park:

After the Battle Frontier's grand opening, Lime will be in the part of Classic Park where the cave is. After speaking to her, follow her into the cave and the quest continues from there.

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, nhannguyen2141 said:

wow didn't it would be that hard to find last one (i thought i miss a place or something).And i've have gotten virizion but where is giratina?.And i checked  there but lime wasn't there.Do i have to do something at the battle to activate the event?

For Giratina, keep going north in the Distortion World until you see a giant puddle. 

image.png.e158b4bbb0780144b8dca85710879cf6.png

For Lime to appear there, you need to do the events that lead to the Battle Frontier's grand opening.

After the post-Champion story, go to the Training Gym in Virima City and battle Rania. After the battle, she'll go to the Battle Frontier, and then you can go there to see the grand opening. If you didn't do the optional battle with Rania at the Training Gym earlier in the game, you'll have to battle her twice.

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, Silver_rogue said:

Hey I saw someone playing this game on YouTube, and it looks really good. I downloaded it but I can't heal, because every time I try it crashes the game. Is there a way to fix this? 

I've never heard of this happening before O_O also just tested and it's not happening to me. Does an error message come up, and if so, are you able to screenshot it? 

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, Silver_rogue said:

Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 5.37.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 5.38.07 PM.png

It seems like it isn't an Essentials/script error, since those look different from this kind of message and they say where in the scripts that the error occurred. 

Going by the three circles in the top left of the program error message: Are you using a Mac? Macs usually have a harder time with running RPG Maker games. One way to help with this is apparently to delete the game's audio files, which has worked for a few people in the thread.*

* @SilverHelio may be able to provide a better solution

image.png.540fba91c7dbf601e99f4d3007f82292.png

8 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

It seems like it isn't an Essentials/script error, since those look different from this kind of message and they say where in the scripts that the error occurred. 

Going by the three circles in the top left of the program error message: Are you using a Mac? Macs usually have a harder time with running RPG Maker games. One way to help with this is apparently to delete the game's audio files, which has worked for a few people in the thread.*

* @SilverHelio may be able to provide a better solution

image.png.540fba91c7dbf601e99f4d3007f82292.png

OK thank you i am using a mac and i sent them a message.

Hi, i'm loving Spork so far, the story is really cool and the game is fun.

So,i got the 15th badge and got to the lake on mt. spoon that has dialga's tower,but i can't seem to figure out what i have to do now. The old man just tells me a pinsir pun and i can't find any other direction to go. Pls help me

• Global Mods
4 minutes ago, VamPieta said:

Hi, i'm loving Spork so far, the story is really cool and the game is fun.

So,i got the 15th badge and got to the lake on mt. spoon that has dialga's tower,but i can't seem to figure out what i have to do now. The old man just tells me a pinsir pun and i can't find any other direction to go. Pls help me

You need to battle Mulder.

image.png.64d9a309e17fbc4b6e3ff63f6743de12.png