Please help me beat Blake

SqueedlyDee

Hi everyone, this is my first post!

I've been trying to beat Blake all day today (seriously I've been at this for like 6 hours please help me) and nothing has worked. The farthest I got was to just his Walrein, which then destroyed me with Surf. I even caught a bunch of Ice types and got them up to level 60-65 or so hoping they would be able to resist the Hail and give me an advantage but it didn't work.

Here's the team I've had for the last few tries:

Lvl 73 Furfrou

-Take Down

-Charm

-Sucker Punch

-Cotton Guard

Lvl 70 Bisharp

-Nigh Slash

-Brick Break

-Swords Dance

-Iron Head

Lvl 74 Pyroar

-Overheat

-Flamethrower

-Hyper Voice

-Headbutt

Lvl 63 Sawk

-Karate Chop

-Brick Break

-Grass Knot

-Counter

Lvl 74 Swampert

-Hammer Arm

-Muddy Water

-Earthquake

-Surf

Lvl 66 Abomasnow

-Wood Hammer

-Ingrain

-Grass Knot

-Frost Breath

I also have the Ice types I mentioned earlier (a walrein, beartic, the abomasnow, and a lower level snorunt), plus a Lvl 71 Muk, Lvl 70 Magneton, a Lvl 70 Wobbuffet, Lvl 71 Donphan and some others.

I feel like I should be able to do this but he's very fast, and Blizzard is an extremely strong move when you're getting hit with it twice per turn. Even the Steel types get KO'd in one or two hits, which is annoying because they were going to be the key to my plan. So please help me, I don't know what to do to beat this guy.

Good Fire-types and Fighting-types would be the key here. I notice that some of your mons already have some Fighting moves, and that's good. Yeah, the Walrein is a nightmare to get past but it's still weak to Fighting. If both your team gang up on it, between the two of them you could probably take it down okay.

Sometimes what I do in tough double battles is have a main attacker alongside a 'meat shield' that can afford to take some hits while keeping the attacker healthy. That Bisharp with Swords Dance should be pretty potent, and Magnezone should be able to take a punch. If you lead with those two, then Bisharp can be a main attacker setting up Swords Dance while Magnezone can use its turns keeping Bisharp or itself healthy, even getting in an attack if it seems safe. Theoretically you should be able to get past at least Blake's first few mons without many problems. Really, with two Swords Dances set up, Bisharp should be getting some OHKOs or at least close to it. The trick would be keeping it safe.

When Walrein is out, you can have both mons focus their attention on it -- hopefully whichever of Blake's other mons is on the field can wait. I dunno if Bisharp and/or Magnezone will have survived up until this point, but if they do then it shouldn't be much trouble to gang up on it.

• Global Mods

This is only really relevant if you got Cyndaquil from 7th street before the point of no return, but for me Typhlosion with eruption was an absolute beast. if not maybe Camerupt is still available? (I haven't checked). one bug I found that I'll quickly mention is that, from memory, eruption changed the field from snow peak to normal, rather than to mountain.