Sun & Moon Powersaves

tru

I've been playing pokemon since the very beginning, playing pretty much every game that's been released amassing thousands of hours of playtime. With that said, for me, the highest point of the fun factor in pokemon was during the beginning of X and Y. The pre-pokebank meta was a lot of fun and shinies were all legit except for the ones involving the Shiny Value trading and duplication. That was still a heck of a lot better than someone using a cheating device and getting perfect shinies effortlessly. Although I never was able to use the Shiny Value trading or duplication, I didn't have a problem with it, because it at least brought people together to trade and breed perfect IV pokemon (something else I really enjoy). It gave value to pokemon that you put time into breeding. You were rewarded for your efforts. Later the Shiny Value trading was invalidated then pokebank got released. This made it so the only shinies that you couldn't get by cheating in previous games was 6th gen shinies. I was still okay with this since I expected this from the beginning. I spent many hours legitimately breeding 6th gen mons with perfect IVs. Unfortunately, afterwards the powersaves came out. After that things weren't as fun anymore. I had over 800 hours in that game, but now that you could just cheat everything, it seemed pointless to continue on. When ORAS came out I bought it day 1. I got bored of it after beating the elite 4 and doing some post game stuff. All the things that gave X&Y nearly infinite replay value were gone with the existence of powersaves.

My question is do you think people will be able to use the power save the same way they can on X&Y? If so, how soon will they be able to do that?

I would still be excited to play the game and hunt for legit 7th gen shinies and stuff if there would be at least be a month or so where people couldn't cheat any 7th gen mons.

I don't know much about the powersaves since I've never used one, but that's why I'm asking.

My 3DS got stolen a few months after ORAS came out (all my pokemon with it) and I'm contemplating whether I want to buy a new 3DS for Sun & Moon if I'm just gonna get bored after beating the elite four.

I wouldn't wanna miss the 7th gen experience though so I may buy it either way. Especially with that new koala mon c:

As long as there are people who want to cheat, they will create a way to do so; that is the simple, sad truth. Perhaps there will be a hidden function that detects if Pokemon are added into a game by such a method, or perhaps Nintendo will crackdown on the cheating. But again, perhaps nothing will change; we know not what advancements they have made, nor what they intend to use, only that the problem came back partway through the previous installment.

The only thing I can think of is to not seek information on the creation of a cheating method for Gen VII, and live on in ignorance if one is created; regardless of its existence, there are still people who breed Pokemon themselves, and play honestly, much like yourself. Just don't let others dishearten you by playing their own way, legally questionable or no.

Personally I couldn't care less about shinies, they're merely recolours, and often they're bad recolours.

On the topic of cheaitng IV's and such, once more I don't particularly care what other people do. Sure the thought that someone else cheated their way to get something I used hundreds of hours to achieve may sting a bit, but that's the reality that we must accept if we are to play Pokemon games. It's impossible to eliminate cheating, but knowing that you achieved what you did legitimately should not in any way be decreased because of the existence of a few cheaters.

• 2 weeks later...