Help out a noob!

Basically, I just started playing Reborn again after a really long break (Haven't touched it since like October or somewhere around then.) As I'm starting to replay, I realized I was extremely under-leveled, have really bad mons, and I'm at the point where I need to fight Charlotte. Are there any good ways to grind up my Pokemon, along with catching some new ones to help me out, or should I just start a new game.

To help further clarify, this is basically my team right now:

Lv 67 Torterra

Lv 64 Crobat

Lv 63 Luxray

Lv 66 Scrafty

Lv 63 Gardevoir

Lv 58 Floatzel

Lv 65 Glaceon

Lv 63 Meowstic

Lv 62 Arcanine

and the rest of them I have are basically around lv 40 and aren't very good...

I'm honestly leaning towards starting a new game, but of course that's more pain and suffering for me getting through those hard moments.

If I should start a new game though, what mons should I grab as I go that will help make my replay 10x easier and not result once again in a bad team?

Edited by deathoftheflame

I get you. I had a really hard time beating Charlotte. Here's what helped me. Use a Trick Room Gothitelle (you can find a Gothita in the beryl ward mansion) + a crustle that has rock slide.

Trust me, that will really help you.

Hope this helps and good luck! :D

-800/10 not enough Magnezones.

Seriously, get a Magnezone before ep16 comes out; the thing is worth all 180 kg of its weight in gold, helps in every single gym battle, even with type disadvantageous ones with sturdy + TWave, and learns all its best mices naturally. You won't find a better electric type, one of the best steels types with a humorous load of resistances, and it's one of the best special attackers in general. And it's axed to a later part in ep16 so go geddit.

As for Charlotte, Tyrantrum helps a ton. Learns friggin Head Smash and EQ naturally, you can breed DD onto it via Horsea, and it straight up murderizes Charlotte on its own. Golem or Gigalith also help in a similar but less effective vein. You can give Flash Fire to Arcanine, that helps too.

I don't think I can go back to earlier places right now, I read I had to fight Charlotte and Terra first. It was an older thread though, so maybe something has changed? But I doubt it.

That is correct. Until you complete all of Episode 15 (which includes Charlotte, Terra, and ??? :P), you cannot go back to places before Agate Circus.

Anyways, Rock Types such as Tyrantrum, Golem, and Gigalith help quite a bit. A Bronzong w/ Heatproof + Rain Dance can also be used if needed.

P.S.: Torterra, Crobat, Scrafty, Garevoir, and Arcanine are all very good Pokemon. As Viri said above, Magnezone is a great Electric Type to pick up once you finish Episode 15 and gain access to Reborn City. Other good Electric Types include Heliolisk and Ampharos but I think Magnezone would fit into your team the most due to its typing.

P.S.S.: You can train @ Agate Circus. There is a Clown there named Indra who will battle you as many times as you wish. You even gat a free Shard for beating him! Be warned, however, his Pokemon are quite strong so don't go in blindly.. ;)

Besides Bronzong, I don't think I can get any of those either.. I think I can get a Boldore however, just not the linkstone for it.

Go check out the Cave on Route 4? (The one you went through with Aya). The Rock Types there will help you. I forget which ones are there specifically (besides Rhydon) but you should be able to find some good Rock Sliders. Druddigion is also found there and it resists most of her moves.

Well my experiences with Charlotte suggests taking a dragon. She has a lot of difficulty handling those, so you might want to catch a druddigon. Also flash fire can ruin her day a lot so your arcanine is not a bad idea, if it learned flare blitz even better. Finally since it are doubles I also have a fondness for fake-out on the thyplosion so kangaskhan might be an option. If that meowstic is male you have prankster screens as well which is helpfull together with swagger.

If you were to do a restart I would suggest a mismagius or any pkmn with destiny bond or perish song and a tyrantrum with dragon dance which you can breed through Swablu. Also for early game usage trubbish, toxic spikes and acid spray make a lot of things easier.

A Rain Dance team is also feasible for Charlotte's gym, but you have to time your field effect transformation, especially with Drought Ninetales, Charlotte mons are less threatening under Rainbow field than Burning field.

using rain dance helps a lot. It lessens the attack power of her fire moves. it also creates the rainbow field effect which I forgot what effect it gives. As for the level grinding theres not a lot (in which I know) u may need to super speed grinding off wild mons which is what I did to get to her level.

There's no such thing as a "bad team" (unless it's genuinely bad, like consisting of Kakunas and Spewpas). Assuming that Aya is no longer travelling with you, you can't just grind in Route 3. That leaves Agate Circus as your primary place for EXP (although the clown can be a real jerk sometimes).

Do you have the TM 18 - Rain Dance? If so, teach it to your Crobat, it has the potential to go outspeed Charlotte's most, if not all of her, Pokemon. Not only does Rain Dance weaken her Pokemon and the field effect, it will boost your Floatzel's Water-type moves and it's Speed, should it have Swift Swim ability.

If your Gardevoir has Trace ability, you might be able to trace Flash Fire, which not only makes it immune to Fire-type moves, but if Gardevoir now gets targeted by one, its Sp. Attack increases.

Then there are the Pokemon with Thick Fat ability, such as Walrein and Snorlax. You can catch Sealeo, which evolves to Walrein, in Ametrine Mountain. Getting Snorlax is a bit more tricky, since you need to have a Whiscash for the trade. You receive Munchlax, who evolves via max happiness.

If you're short on resources and cash, then it might be a tad more difficult to manage. I can't stop you from starting a new game but I wouldn't give up just yet.

The best way to defeat Charlotte is with double flash fire. Basically Charlotte's strategy is about using fire type moves agaonst everything because with STAB + field + sun they hit really hard. However, if you are immune to them, beating the gym is very easy. I remember I used an Arcanine and a Chandelure.

Flash fire doesn't boost sp. Attack it raisess the power of your fire moves when activated.

I somehow confused it with Storm Drain. Still, the fact that tracing Flash Fire makes Gardevoir immune to Fire-type moves still stands.

Rain Dance + Surf is great for Charlotte, even in the superheated field. And about Electric types, you can pick up a Rotom when you're able to return to Reborn City by doing this event:

(It also shows you how to get Solosis, which is useful for Trick Room + Psychic)

Then all you gotta do is pick up a Data Chip, restart a computer in Ametrine Town (you'll get there after Charlotte's gym), and them you can choose the Rotom Form you'll want to run. Rotom doesn't have many moves, but it has Pain Split and Double Team, both of which are very annoying.

Edited by HYCROX

Thank you all for your advice, I really appreciate it.

I decided to reload an earlier save to where I am about to enter Agate City, so I'm going to get a bunch of those mons first so I am well prepared for the next few gym leaders. Also going to take advantage of Aya being with me when I get to that point for constant grinding.

you can fish and raise a horsea from ametrine cave with good rod. teach thief to a pokemon and fish horseas untill you steal a dragon scale so you can evolve it to kingdra. its x4 resistant to fire and only weak to dragon.

Also you can catch a rhyhorn/rhydon in the cave before the town. will help a ton..

if you have rain dance tm, teach it to one of your water types it will help a lot. if you don't have it, there is no way to get it until much later. /// if you reloaded a save where you just enter agate city, just go back and get rain dance tm if you don't have it.

if arcanine has flash fire, it will help walling her pokemon a lot. just take care of her darmanitan. it knows rock slide. if he does not know flash fire, try to find an ability capsule at all costs

start with luxray and scrafty, to double-intimidate her darmanitan. they will most probably both die by typhlosion eruption, so switch them out at once for arcanine to absorb eruption with flash fire, and let luxray die. Then bring out your water type.

then you can set up rain dance and proceed (with caution).

Arcanine should have outrage already, Crunch, and extremespeed. crunch especially will destroy delphox .

its a good thing floatzel is physical water type so he should know aqua tail or something, which means u will not have to kill your arcanine with surfs.

rest u can figure out on ur own i guess

Edited by DemICE

For my fight with Charlotte, I used a Flygon (with Earthquake) paired with a Gardevoir (with Telepathy and Calm Mind).

Flygon resists fire, takes neutral from grass, and is immune to electric moves, hitting her team with the exception of Rotom hard with Earthquake.

Gardevoir avoids the hits from Flygon with Telepathy, and can take almost anything Charlotte throws at you after a few uses of Calm Mind.

Like others mentioned, Flash Fire Arcanine and Chandelure work great too.

Use Torterra...It will help against Terra.

As Viri said,replace luxray with a magnezone. And you can get a Rhydon just before you encounter Charlotte( may be even a Rhyperior if you have Protector and Link stone ).

As you have already beaten Radomus ,teach Trick room to gardevoir,and attack with Rhydon. It will do the job. Rhydon will also help with Ciel.You should train your floatzel or can get a Walrein or a Wailord( It's my choice ,atleast Its the only pokemon having LORD in its name).

So,Torterra, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Gardevoir, Floatzel( or Walrein or Wailord ),Arcanine, Scrafty, Crobat( May replace with Noivern).You will have the best team!!!!

EDIT :As others said , Arcanine will help a lot against Charlotte if it has Flash Fire.

Edited by Debojit97