The All-Stars

Strider

I know this is long, but thanks to those who take the time to read it!

This is my team as of the completion of Episode 15. Thanks to all the people who helped me find my save file!

Here's the team (everyone in the rotation) in order of when they joined (as best as I can remember).

delphox.gif

Scar (Delphox), Level 76

Blaze

Flamethrower/Psyshock/Will-O-Wisp/Light Screen

I chose Delphox as a starter b/c it is a good typing offensively, has higher stats than most other starter Pokemon, and it has a wide variety of support moves.

EV trained in Special Attack and Speed

toxicroak.gif

Spork (Toxicroak), Level 75

Anticipation

Sucker Punch/Drain Punch/Poison Jab/Taunt

Toxicroak was my ace against Shade, and used to be owned by Corey. Sucker Punch is useful, and it has surprising longevity with Drain Punch

EV Trained in Attack and Speed

nidoking.gif

Nidoking, Level 78

Sheer Force

Sludge Wave/Strength/Rock Smash/Earth Power

Nidoking has been useful for the later gyms, and as an HM “assistant”. Sometimes I switch Strength out for surf. I am spending hours trying to catch an Absol holding a life orb. I might just quit and use the strength glitch.

EV trained in Special Attack and HP

floatzel.gif

Ringo (Floatzel), Level 76

Swift Swim

Aqua Jet/Waterfall/Dive/Crunch

Another Pokemon who has been more useful than I expected since the day I stole him from an old woman. I named him Ringo just thinking about the inflatable ring he wears. I kind of forgot that it was a real name.

EV trained in Attack and Speed

591.gif

Amoonguss, Level 75

Regenerator

Synthesis/Spore/Clear Smog/Giga Drain

To be honest, Amoonguss hasn't been that useful...yet. However, with Spore, it should increase in usefulness. I only caught it because it was shiny.

EV trained in HP and Sp. Def

gourgeist-super.gif

Gourgeist, Level 74

Frisk

Leech Seed/Shadow Sneak/Phantom Force/Seed Bomb

I got Gourgeist when I was struggling with Radomus. However, Trick-or-Treat doesn't work properly, so things weren't as easy as expected. It's useful as a bulky wall that can put out good damage.

EV Trained in HP and Sp. Def

escavalier.gif

Lancelot (Escavelier) Level 75

Overcoat

Swords Dance/Drill Run/X-Scissor/Iron Head

I was having a bit of trouble with Luna, so I needed a bug. However much I dislike Bennett, I needed his advice. He sent me on a quest to find a Shelmet. I found one, and trained him for years. He didn't evolve. As I wandered, I wondered whether I was cursed. I was looking for a place to rest in Spinel town, when I found a man. He told me that Shelmet evolves via trade, and he was willing to trade. Finally I could have my Accelgor! We traded. I was breathless with anticipation. I watched as the Shelmet I traded to him evolved into an Accelgor. “Now do we just trade back?” I asked. He stared at me for a moment, laughed, and told me to get out of his house. I considered beating him up with my Pokemon, but I just couldn't do it. I left, taking the Escavalier with me. Months later, I no longer regret this trade, as Escavalier has become a powerful ally, and a great friend.

EV trained in Attack and HP

Now these Pokemon are those that have been trained in order to have an advantage over upcoming gym leaders Amaria, Saphira (she will be a gym leader, right?), Titania (my favorite), and Adrienn.

noivern.gif

Noivern, Level 75

Infiltrator

Boomburst/Flamethrower/Hurricane/Dragon Pulse

I decided Noivern would be a team member when I realized I was lacking both a dragon and a Flying type. Though her base special attack is lacking, High power attacks and STAB give a lot of power.

EV trained in Sp. Atk and Speed

lucario.gif

Lucario, Level 75

Steadfast

Vacuum Wave/Nasty Plot/Aura Sphere/Dark Pulse (I wish I had the TM for Shodow ball, for perfect neutral coverage)

I was inspired to include this Pokemon by Titania from the online league. Based on some battle logs, I found the set she used for her special Lucario. This took a lot of work, and is the Pokemon I'm most proud of.

How I created it (spoilers so it doesn't annoy people who aren't interested):

In order to get Vacuum Wave, I needed a Hitmonchan with Vacuum wave. I received a tyrogue from the man on route one, and tailored it so that it would have a higher defense than attack. Once I had my Hitmonchan, I put it in the Pokemon center with the Riolu from the egg on Ametrine Mountain. Riolu can't breed. Once I learned this, I evolved it in hopes of getting a young Riolu with Vacuum Wave. My Lucario was male, so I decided to get a female Hitmonchan. I didn't do my research. All the “Hitmon's” are male. So I bred a female Lucario. There were many more mishaps on the way, Including me forgetting that Riolu can't breed, Hitmonchan forgetting Vacuum Wave in the daycare, and evolving Riolu before it learned Nasty Plot. After all the problems, I could finally begin hatching eggs. Now it was up to the RNG. After only a few hours, I got this IV Spread: 29/24/31/29/25/20

This is going to be my secret weapon inspired by Titania for use against Titania.

EV trained in Sp. Atk and Speed

magnezone.gif

Magnezone, Level 75

Analytic

Discharge/Flash Cannon/Metal Sound/Electro Ball (I need better moves for this)

Very Simply, I needed an Electric type. Any recommendations for movesets?

EV trained in Sp. Atk and HP

glaceon.gif

Glaceon, Level 75

Snow Cloak

Frost Breath/Barrier/Mirror Coat/Hail

Though it's movepool is limited, I think Glaceon will be useful for dragons. Frost Breath is good because it has the about the same total power as ice beam, but ignores special defense increases.

I'm also training up a stored power Clefable, but it's not ready.

I must put out honorable mentions to all those Pokemon that I used, that turned out to be weaker in the later game. Specifically Camerupt.

Thanks for your time!

Edited by Strider

The team looks solid, and I think the fact that you use some slightly weaker Pokemon like Gourgeist, Amoongus and Floatzel is really awesome. And that Lucario looks like a beast... I'd say you're pretty ready to tackle anything future episodes have in store.

Though I'm kinda surprised that you have so many Pokemon at the max level, my own team averaged levels of 70-72 at the end of the episode. Did you do post-episode grinding?

Here's how you get a Life Orb quicker:

- (Optional: speed up the game with Cheat Engine)

- Get a Pokémon with Compound Eyes, put said Pokémon to the front of the party

- Save near the waterfall where you can trigger the Absol event

- Trigger said event

- If the Absol has a Life Orb, weaken it, catch it, or just use Thief if you don't want the Absol

- If not, press F12 to reload the game

The original 5% chance increases to 20% this way. Realistically you should be able to find one in 10 or so tries.

Edited by CMV

I've been using Frisk from my Gourgeist to determine if it has a life orb. About the leveling, when I was training up my glaceon with the experience share, The first Pokemon in my party also gained a lot of levels. If they get too high, I'll have to level them down, but that's no big deal.

Thanks for the advice!

Nice team! If I may make some recommendations for Magnezone, you could replace Electro Ball with Hidden Power (of course, you'd need to find out what Hidden Power's type would be on Magnezone and I'm not sure where you'd determine that or if the Hidden Power is even available-I'm only on Route 1 in my playthrough). I'd suggest either Magnet Rise (temporarily negating its double weakness to Ground-types) or Electric Terrain (to temporarily power up its own moves and potentially cancel out any annoying field effects) to replace Lock-On. Flash Cannon and Discharge are great as they are.