I have money which needs to be spent

It's staring me in the face like "you must speeeeeeend meeeeeeeeee....."

So here's my dilemma.

I have a Nintendo 2DS and I have played the s*** out of all the games that I own, and now I want something new.

The problem is, I have no idea what to get.

I'm thinking of getting either:

• Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
  • Fire Emblem Fates
  • Pokemon Sun and Moon (when it comes out)

I want YOUR opinion on this and if you have any other suggestions then my all means say them.

(If this is the wrong place to put this then I'm sorry, mods do your magic :()

Judging by your avatar I would assume you are a FE:A (Fire Emblem Awakening) fan! I live in Australia and haven't actually got fire emblem fates yet (dang nabbit) I am super looking forward to it based on what others have told me and I recommend you buy it! As for the Etrian games, I own a few and find they can get old a little quick as there is a difference between satisfying grinding and frustrating grinding in RPG's (Etrian being in the latter for me).

Edited by Sheepish

If you get something else now, will you be able to get Sun/Moon when they are released? Or is it the case that you're not absolutely bothered about getting them when they come out?

It's more like I actually only have enough money to buy one game this year.

The money has been sitting on my desk for a month now and It's distracting me.

Well I mean I've never played the other two series, so I would be inclined towards Pokémon. However, you should ask yourself, which game do you think you'll get the most enjoyment and the most playtime out of? If that happens to be Sun/Moon, are you willing to wait until November before you can get it?

A day late, but I'll be honest saying to probably get Birthright and/or Conquest as both are quite good games in their own right...even if I hate a couple chapters with a passion. (Looking at you Birthright Burning Falls). There's quite a bit I like on both paths. Birthright as a very lovable cast, while Conquest has some amazing chapters and one of the best endgames. Just don't get Revelations. Sub-par plot and horrible, I mean horrible map design. Chapter 14 alone has like 60 units of reinforcements who slowly come in turn after turn along with every non-royal plus Hinoka coming in way underleveled and underpowered.

Sun and Moon we really don't know much on and it could be worse and even easier than X and Y since GF really only cares about adding features and gimmicks/new mons at this point. Something must've happened in Gen V because they were trying for difficulty in that game at points. It'll also be around for the year before everyone jumps onto a Sinnoh remake train and pushes Sun and moon in the background.

Eternian Oddysey is...I don't know actually. I've also played BD and Bravely Second both of which have amazing combat mechanics and kind of a meh story.

I don't usually advise against Pokemon - but Fates is really enjoyable in my opinion.

Your decision is basically based on a few factors.

• Are you willing to wait for the game to arrive? - If yes, keep deliberating - if not, pick Fates.
  • Do you want - for certain - to feel like your money was worth spending? - if yes, pick Fates, if no - consider picking Sun and Moon.
  • Are you willing to enjoy a Pokemon game for what it is - instead of trying to hope for something that is tailored toward you? - If yes, pick Sun and Moon, if no, pick Fates.

I would earnestly say Fates is worth the cash sink - with the caveat that S/M may be worth the wait -if you ABSOLUTELY can't get both.