Follower Pokemon in Reborn

Personthing

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do we put these files because for some reason, I got no pokemon following me I even press control key and nothing and when i got outside of Big Top no guy was at the circus healer.

You just open up the files like Regular Reborn. It's the full game like Reborn, just with the addition of follower mons.

Edited by Personthing

This is pretty sweet but are the following Pokemon supposed to be stuck in their walking animation even when you're not moving?

Yep, that's the way they were in HGSS as well, so I left it like that. (It was the default setting on the script I used anyways.)

Edited by Personthing

Yep, that's the way they were in HGSS as well, so I left it like that. (It was the default setting on the script I used anyways.)

Ah ok.

I never played HGSS but in Pokemon Zeta they also had follower Pokemon and they stayed still when you stopped moving.

But the this is still really nice, I love having your Pokemon physically shadow you throughout the game. The dialogue is also really cute.

I used the healing machine at Agate Circus and my Infernape never showed up.

Perhaps a tutorial video should be used so people know what to do?

Hmmm... You sure you're opening the mod and not normal reborn? Checking the eventing and testing it out on my end shows that the events in agate circus are working as intended.

The mod? I'm looking through the files and I see no mod.

As in the game files from the download. You might simply be launching normal reborn instead of the follower mod by mistake. If that ends up not being the case, pm me your save and I'll get it working for you when I get home.

I'm probably being stupid.

But...Downloaded the mod, extracted it etc.

Booted it up used the healing machine, hit CTRL and....nothing.

It shows up when I use the healing machine, But I hit ctrl and nothing after that.

The healing machines/nurses enable the followers. Ctrl toggles them after they are enabled, you never actually have to hit control. Sorry if I'm not understanding you.

This mod is lovely, thank you for all your hard work ^-^ One bug I've noticed, though, is that your Pokemon tends not to follow you all the way up some stairs:

follower_glitch.png

The Pokemon rejoins you if you walk in a different direction or once you complete either end of the stairs. The one I found is in Celestinine Mountain (not sure which floor, sorry, but I accessed it from Route 2 and surfed Southeast). I'd imagine that the same thing happens in Lapis Ward since they use the same mechanics.

EDIT: Found two more bugs. Because the Pokemon counts as a follower character (i.e. Shelly/Aya) at all times, the Escape Rope (and probably Teleport's out-of-battle effect) is rendered useless. Not really sure if this is something fixable, though, since follower characters is the entire point of the mod. CTRL makes it usable so nevermind

Also, a minor display glitch-- if you are still surfing when transferring maps (e.g. floors in Celestinine Mountain) non-surfing/levitating Pokemon will begin following you. Everything goes back to normal if you press A. You cannot talk to the non-surfing Pokemon like you could a surfing one while you're in the water.

follower_glitch_2.png

Edited by BreezyPonie

The healing machines/nurses enable the followers. Ctrl toggles them after they are enabled, you never actually have to hit control. Sorry if I'm not understanding you.

.....Welp I figured out the problem....I never got off my bike.

There are those moments when you wonder how you can be so stupid. Smh

Fly doesn't work at all in E15. It hasn't been fully added in yet and will only become properly available in E16.

Really?

I just downloaded the vanilla version of Reborn to test and Fly does work but only in specific areas in Reborn City.

In this client, Fly requires a badge that we already have.

This mod is lovely, thank you for all your hard work ^-^ One bug I've noticed, though, is that your Pokemon tends not to follow you all the way up some stairs:

follower_glitch.png

The Pokemon rejoins you if you walk in a different direction or once you complete either end of the stairs. The one I found is in Celestinine Mountain (not sure which floor, sorry, but I accessed it from Route 2 and surfed Southeast). I'd imagine that the same thing happens in Lapis Ward since they use the same mechanics.

EDIT: Found two more bugs. Because the Pokemon counts as a follower character (i.e. Shelly/Aya) at all times, the Escape Rope (and probably Teleport's out-of-battle effect) is rendered useless. Not really sure if this is something fixable, though, since follower characters is the entire point of the mod. CTRL makes it usable so nevermind

Also, a minor display glitch-- if you are still surfing when transferring maps (e.g. floors in Celestinine Mountain) non-surfing/levitating Pokemon will begin following you. Everything goes back to normal if you press A. You cannot talk to the non-surfing Pokemon like you could a surfing one while you're in the water.

follower_glitch_2.png

About the stairs, yeah that's just how the stairs eventing works. Nothing I Can really do about that. I thought the bug with dig/escape ropes were that you could use them with Aya and other followers (which was intentional), so when I update for E16 I'll have to double check that it's working as intended. And finally, didn't know about the surf thing. I'll see what I can do to fix that.

If I use the modified Pokemon Reborn and go back to the regular Pokemon Reborn, will there be any issues I should look out for? First time trying this out.

If you don't talk to the npc that disables followers before changing back to regular reborn, the game will crash upon launch. (It won't damage your save or anything though)

Really?

I just downloaded the vanilla version of Reborn to test and Fly does work but only in specific areas in Reborn City.

In this client, Fly requires a badge that we already have.

Ahh, my bad there. That'll be fixed with a simple scripting edit once E16 comes.

Edited by Personthing