Pokemon Polarity Project (table top and game)

Region: Xalendor Region

Area One: S.S. Beth, heading to the Xalendor Region.

Intro: You and your employee friends are going to the Xalendor Region to see what it has to offer. Presently Kanto has seemed to vanish off the face of the map. Various people believe that Team Rocket have returned and taken the crystal from Kalos and have harnessed a new power to destroy regions. The only way to avoid genocide is through payment. You work for Silph CO. and are carrying a machine with you that is said to protect the region of Xalendor.

Silph CO Team

Ocarina aka Rina

Female

Lvl 5 Houndour, Fenrir

Researcher intern.

Her father wanted to get her a pretty/cute pokemon because she's a girl much to her dislike. While at the pokemon adoption agency she noticed a Houndour causing havok. Rina went over and pinned the pokemon and showed it who alpha was. Sure enough the dog obeyed thereafter. The workers allowed her to take that problem pokemon off their hands. When her father found out he was curious. He expected a fairy type or normal type of his daughter but soon gave in seeing how much she loved the houndour. Thanks to her natural connection with pokemon she found it easy to work with the Silph Co company, and they welcomed her. Not only did Silph Co want to bring the best for trainers but for Pokemon as well.

Colette

Female

Lvl 5 Dratini

A hand model for the agancy. Often in commercials for Silph Co. She met her Dratini 'Mr. Cuddles' at a game corner and won him. After that Mr. cuddles brought her luck and a job at Silph Co.

Nathan

Male

Lvl 5 Spheal

An ice pokemon enthusiast. He trains his pokemon daily to be perfect. He's also the muscle hired to watch the device on the ship. Just in case.

YOU

Male/Female

choose one Lvl 5 (Mareep, Litwick (holding a dusk stone), Sandile)

Silph Co's granddaughter/grandson taking part in the venture

P/N = Player Name

The S.S. Beth is modeled ironically after the S.S. Ann. So I will try to map it as close to the S.S. Ann as possible., though it is her own vessel and might have a few changes.

INTRO

Please register you trainer ID passport into the system.

[This is where you'll pick your character]

Please sign here so we have on record you are on this ship for saftey reasons.

[input name]

Thank you P/N, please enjoy your stay aboard the S.S. Beth. We will be arriving at the Xalendor Region in 2 days.

*your room*

Potion in PC

Colette enters your room.

Colette: Hey there P/N! I took the time to transfer your pokemon into this luxery ball! By the way what was it again?

Choice pop up.

Mareep

Litwick

Sandile

Mareep

Lvl5

Tackle

Growl

Thunderwave

Breed Move haven't decided

Litwick

Lvl5

Ember

Astonish

Minimize

Smog

(Should it get a breed move, which one and what does it replace)

Sandile

Lvl5

Leer

Rage

Bite

Fire Fang? (Needs a breed move too but which one....)

Colette: Oh wow! Hey lets have a pokemon battle right now! Come on out Mr. Cuddles!

Mr. Cuddles

Timid Nature

Lvl 5

Wrap

Leer

Thunderwave

Extreme Speed (might have the PP for this set to 0 for the first battle though)

After congratulations on the battle the door opens and Rina walks to P/N.

"Hey, the boss sent me a gift for you. It's a watch called the Poke'Nav. This is a pokedex as well. Hopefully this new region has something new to offer. You never know. You can heal up your pokemon on that machine over there, well I'll be in my room. See you later."

Floor 3

3 other rooms with various trainers with fish type pokemon.

(More to come)

3 other rooms with various trainers with fish type pokemon. 1 room is yours.

in a room

Gentleman

Goldeen

Lvl 5

Peck

Tail Whip

Water Sport

in a room

Socialite

Horsea

Level 5

Bubble

Smokescreen

in a room

Rich Kid

Magikarp

Splash

Pokefan

Magikarp

Splash

Beauty

Magikarp

Splash

(This should be easy exp to lvl on, the only one that might be hard is the horsey if you chose Litwick)

3rd Floor to the right

Dinning hall! A very large dinning area

Chef

Vanillite

Lvl5

Icical Spear

Harden

Waitress

Cherubi

Lvl5

Morning Sun

Tackle

Waiter

Oddish

Lvl5

Sweet Scent

Absorb

Waitress

Pumpkaboo

Lvl7

Trick

Astonish

Confuse Ray

Scary Face

After Beating her she hands you an egg instead of money

Oddish Egg

Waiter

Lvl 8 Swirlix

Sweet Scent

Tackle

Fairy Wind

Play Nice

Floor 4/stock room Going down a floor puts you in the cargo room. There Nate will be and he'll ask if you want to battle.

Nate

Spheal Lvl5

Defense Curl

Powder Snow

Growl

Water Gun

Joe

Sailor

Lvl 5 Bellsprout

Vine whip

items to find

Burn Heal

Awakening

Antidote

Oran Berry

Floor 2

4 rooms

Colette's Room

Mr. Cuddles

Timid Nature

Lvl 5

Wrap

Leer

Thunderwave

Extreme Speed

After you battle her a second time she will brush your pokemon to increase it's affection for you. Once a day so this will be the only time for a bit.

Rina's Room

Houndour Lvl 5

Thunderfang

Ember

Howl

2nd floor to the left

10 Rooms (7 are locked)

Sailor

Totidile lvl10

Scratch

Leer

Water Gun

Rage

Sailor

Skiddo Lvl10

Tackle

Growth

Vine whip

Tail Whip

Sailor

Abra Lvl10

teleport (EXP WIN XD you're welcome XD)

"If anything ever happens come find me okay. I'll make sure you get to safety."

Captain's Quarters

The Captain is in a pool of blood on the ground. When you investigate the captain.

Captain: "They're here, Warn....The....Crew....Take these....I know more are......."

He's dead.

You receive 3 poke balls.

A ghastly appears in the room next to him and fights you. Did this man become a Ghastly or....Is it the killer?

Gastly

Lvl8

Disable

Hypnosis

Spite

Lick

Screen Flash, explosion like sound. When the character leaves the room Nate approaches them.

Nate: Take this and don't let anyone get to it, understand?! Now get to the first floor, I saw the Sailor with an Abra head that way. Hurry!

Unknown Machine is added to inventory.

There will be fight-able ghastly encounters.

(Tempted to somehow put in a countdown to get to him. I'm not sure if I can but I'd like to)

1st Floor Upper deck

Team Bisect Grunts (3)

Bisect Grunt: "Oh no you aren't getting away!"

Poochyena

Lvl10

Tackle

Howl

Sand Attack

Bite

Bisect Grunt (2): "I won't let Archie or Maxie down! You're not getting away!"

Carvanha lvl10

Leer

Bite

Rage

Focus Energy

(tempted to bump his guys to 12 but but that might make it too hard? What do you guys think)

Bisect Grunt 3 'Captain Delz' : No, one is permitted to leave this ghost ship. So says Team Bisect. Running is futile!

Lvl10 Numel

Growl

Tackle

Ember

Focus Energy

Lvl 10 Carvanha

Leer

Bite

Rage

Focus Energy

Lvl 10 Poochyena

Tackle

Howl

Sand Attack

Bite

After beating Delz, the sailor uses a revive on his Abra and teleports you and himself to Xalendor Region......And so....Your journey begins......

Edited by Ideduce

Hmm, sounds like an interesting game. Would love to see pictures on the progress of the game! :D

nothing yet I have the map on paper and I'm getting the story down. Thank you for your interest :)

I certainly wouldn't mind the help :)

Edit:

Okay the whole idea for the intro scene/Act 1 is complete in story form!

Now I have to get to spriting!!! Any ideas of what the main character should look like? I'd like 4 options 2 different types of male and 2 different types of female.

Then we need...

Rina

Colette (Lolita type)

Nate

Delz

Edited by Ideduce

If you want some inspirations about character design you could googled 'pokemon trainer creator' and play mix and match that is if the creator allowed to do so...or find similar app like that

Edited by PhantomBima

If you want some inspirations about character design you could googled 'pokemon trainer creator' and play mix and match that is if the creator allowed to do so...or find similar app like that

Thanks I'll keep that in mind right now I'm having issues spriteing sadly. I just turned my computer back to it's factory settings and nothing is set up the way I like it so it's taking more more time than I like.

Rina_zpsmpru9wbx.png Rina Rina_zpswabfmz2f.pngrina2_zpsm6ex8e9p.png edit again I like this better for her character.

Colette_zpsizxjrhy1.png Colette Colette_zpslvcm5z1m.png

Ugh resizing these make them super blurry for me. I should have set it to 200% before I worked on the sprites. Anyone got any ideas? AHA figured it out!

Edit so I don't double post

Concept for Delz

Dalz_zps916siyoc.png

Edited by Ideduce

just to let people know the game is still being worked on. In fact The events of gaining a pokemon and the first battle have been completed! Currently working on the maping of the S.S. Beth please be patient. Another update when that is completed will be posted!

I'm welcoming spriters, coders, writers, and testers. (Nothing to test YET).

Thank you for watching this project!

• 3 weeks later...

Great! Need any help?

Yup I'd love help :3

The first main area is done! now I'm setting up all the battles within! Currently I'm having an issue as no x or y pokemon are in my essentials pack so I have to fix that.

• Global Mods

Yup I'd love help :3

The first main area is done! now I'm setting up all the battles within! Currently I'm having an issue as no x or y pokemon are in my essentials pack so I have to fix that.

There's a Gen 6 add on for Pokemon Essentials which can be found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314567

Just a few notes.

1. It doesn't have the Gen 6 Pokemon sprites that Reborn has; it instead has the 3D models. However you are allowed to use Reborn's Gen 6 Pokemon sprites as long as credit is given.

2. Using this messes up the position of Pokemon sprites for the opponent as they appear in battles (ex: a Pokemon might be floating over the terrain circle). I fixed this by going into the editor and doing "Auto Position Sprites", although I still had to manually adjust a few that were too high up (Vanillite, Swanna, and Unown specifically).

There's a Gen 6 add on for Pokemon Essentials which can be found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314567

Just a few notes.

1. It doesn't have the Gen 6 Pokemon sprites that Reborn has; it instead has the 3D models. However you are allowed to use Reborn's Gen 6 Pokemon sprites as long as credit is given.

2. Using this messes up the position of Pokemon sprites for the opponent as they appear in battles (ex: a Pokemon might be floating over the terrain circle). I fixed this by going into the editor and doing "Auto Position Sprites", although I still had to manually adjust a few that were too high up (Vanillite, Swanna, and Unown specifically).

I'll have to use Reborns unless all the models including earlier than gen 6 are included as 3d then again I"m almost making my own pokes so yeah I'll use reborn then. Did those have to be edited?

So reworking maps *Groan*

Adds pokes to so all the way up to gen 6 thanks Reborn :3 and thanks to reborn at least that's an easy fix

It's not done but this will be the side boss of the first dungeon. That second sprite though ugh not happy with it just yet I'll keep working at it. If someone wants to take up the mantle on it though be my guest show me your moves basically.

Ruby%20Lapris_zpswbfceeyo.png

rubylaprisback_zpsvstyskwi.png

gymleader%20Tide%20Rivers_zpsbeyzx6kj.pn

Blake Rivers of Sunnyvale Beach, Trying to make a water slide theme gym

Shell Badge

Draco_zpsz0wu4wg9.png

Draco of Constilla Town, attempting hang gliding gym

Fierce Badge

Quenda_zpsa2aljzwq.png

Akido of Toph City

Havent decided of the gym yet

Harmony Badge