KILL IT WITH FIRE NOW!

Neo

Hai, Erick here again with some mad scientist thing I did. Yes it seems stupid on the surface, but when you think about it, it's pretty sexy. This isn't a full team, just a little idea.

616.gif

Shelmet (M) @ Eviolite

Trait: Hydration

EVs: 180 HP / 76 Def / 252 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Acid Armor

- Baton Pass

- Bug Buzz

- Toxic

Hey look it's Shelmet. So you know it's gonna be a rain team. Once he's out; you do the usual Shelmet things. Acid Armor to +6. Seeing how not many things can actually stop Shelmet once he starts boosting, it shouldn't be a problem. Then you Baton Pass to who?

113.gif

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Aromatherapy

- Seismic Toss

- Toxic

- Softboiled

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! NO NO NO! IT'S UNHOLY! Yes, it is. Chansey is a monster once it gets started. After some testing, I saw that it takes 28% damage from a Lucario's Close Combat and 26% damage from a Scizor's Superpower. In other words, Chansey can start taking hits to the face and start laughing at them. Now I'm gonna leave it here for y'all to criticize.

• Administrators

Well, it's a monster aside from the fact that like, uh, it's totally walled by Gengar, Skarm, etc, broken by any phazer/Perish Song. I don't think to set up to +6 would make this the best choice- how does it do at just +2? It still has a fuckton of health to go through already.

No idea. That might be a good idea to try. This is only one leg of my next thread. "Attack of the Robot Chansey" strategy.

Chansey might be changed with another bulky normal type. Who knows.

This is an interesting idea.

With the right Rain team, this can go well.

You're going to have to find a way to deal with Skarm, SubSplit Gengar (welp any gengar for that matter), and Taunt in general.

Edited by Aero

Seeing as I would only use Shelmet in the rain, Breloom is no problem.

Hmm, so what happens if your water gets cut in the middle of setup? Breloom aren't that common in weather teams, but some people do run self-powered Chlorophyll pokemon or manual Sand/Hail...

Otherwise, it does sound like a monstrous idea. Unless of course you run into Unaware quagsire attacking from behind a substitute XD (a rarity, but hideously annoying sometimes).

Edited by Zen

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's a monster aside from the fact that like, uh, it's totally walled by Gengar, Skarm, etc, broken by any phazer/Perish Song. I don't think to set up to +6 would make this the best choice- how does it do at just +2? It still has a fuckton of health to go through already.

Don't forget Ferrothorn C: