Will I be able to get through the game with this team?

Chesnaught, Meowstic-M, Lopunny, Arcanine, Glaceon(or sylveon, not sure yet), and Clawitzer.

I know this game is pretty tough and these pokemon aren't the best, but do you guys think it's manageable?

Edit: Wow I didn't even think to use more than 6 pokes. guess ill have to do that.

Edited by AquaLucario3

Consider changing out Chesnaught since Chespin can be obtained later on and it is ok but not good enough. Same for Meowstic and Lopunny. There are simply better options for them like for Meowstic: Metagross, Gardevoir, and for Lopunny: Well, she isn't viable if not mega'd in this game. But I can say maybe Archeops if you would go ahead with the Chespin or Medicham until you can catch Hawkcula post-Luna (I think as soon

you enter the circus

Foe future reference, the best place to put this is in the subforum marked "Team Showcase." Good luck with your playthrough! If you're looking for a strong Pokemon that can take some hits, try Camerupt with Solid Rock. For a faster hitter, try Lightning Rod Manectric with Charge Beam and HP Ice.

Like YingYang said if you use a specific team of 6 you may or may not get as far as you think I learned that the hard way. its better to consider your options when it comes to gymleaders for example the psychic gym I actually had to get rid of my good pokemon which were all weak to psychic so I went in my box found an anorith, carnivine and a poochyena so I took them and trained them at the grinding trainers in the hall. so yeah the team is decent but its WAY better to have a variety of mons

as there are too many difficulties in using just six pokemon, like the level cap for example.

This is quite inaccurate depending on your play-style, I personally have never used more than 6 Pokemon and have not come close to passing the level cap. It all depends on how you train each Pokemon individually by evenly distributing EXP gained.

Reborn offers a large quantity of different Pokemon which you could make a team of 6 out of and have little to no problem advancing; although like I said it's just about how you train them.

• Developers

Theoretically you can use any amount of Pokemon to get through the game. Which ones you choose will dictate how difficult some battles will be, though. On my first Reborn file I only used 6 pokemon and I got to the end of the current demo. Yes, it was more difficult than it probably would've been if I got a 7th, but eh, I'm stubborn.

If things get too difficult, there's no shame in picking up a 7th or 8th or whatever. In fact, it's a pretty common and effective strategy.

Regarding your dilemma of Eeveelutions, why not both, Sylveon and Glaceon are both hard hitters, you can always grab a nice iv'd Ditto and breed two eevees, there is never too many Eeveelutions :)

Accept the Lord Magnezone as our one true God. He fainted for your sins, and was Magnet Risen from the grave. His power shall Magnet Pull you through Reborn; like a compass, He shalt point the true Way.

Seriously, Reborn is one of those games wherein six Pokémon is not enough to get you a complete or comfortable experience; very often one will have a full box of reserve team members to fall back on. Don't be limited to six, although you're always free to use even a Rativate if you want. Consider using a powerful starter like Greninja, Feraligatr or Blaziken which can be extremely helpful throughout your run (Gatr can be found later in the game, though, so the frog and the chicken are able your best bets)

As for meowstic, it's indeed a good Psychic type for early game, but later on you'll find many, better options: Gardevoir, Alakazam and even Metagross if you're willing to put in the work to catch, raise and train it properly. (Top tier Pokemon are very rare in this game)

Likewise, Lopunny and Glaceon life or on their worth later in the game! From a purely statistical and competitive point of view, Stoutland, Diggersby, Porygon-Z, staraptor and several other normal types outclass Lopunny while Glaceon is just inferior to Mamoswine as an ice type and Umbreon or Sylveon as a defensive Eeveelution. Arcanine is excellent, though. Make sure you get a Growlithe with Close Combat and level it up to lv45 before evolving it, else it won't get Flare Blitz, Crunch or Heat Wave.

And PS: use Magnezone, if I haven't made it clear already. One of the best mons in the game, and magneton is available relatively early, though evolving him is challenging.

(Huge Power) Diggersby is amazingly strong and learns all his relevant attacks per level up or Heart Scale. Bunnelby is available quite early and evolves instantly. Easily in the Top 5 of all available Pokemon in Reborn, only Azumarill, Blaziken and Gyarados can even compare and none of them are as easy to get.

Are you at the end of the episode, are are you just starting the game? If not, regard below.

Well, I'm not sure where/if you can get Clawitzer, so you'll probably have to wait for a long time to get it.
The first four you can get rather quickly. Eevee is for when you leave the city, so takes a while, too.

It's certainly not a great team, but I can see some merits. Prankster can really help out, Arcanine can change some fields (but hard to train, since all its good moves are learnt pre-evo), Glaceon would be funny against Serra.
Klutz doesn't do a lot, since you can't a lot of items to make good use of it.
I've never used Chesnaught nor Clawitzer, so I don't know how good they are in Reborn.

Your suggested team consists of a lot of monotypes, which can hamper you coverage. You miss a solid Ground-type, and you'll have a hard time against Flying, Ghost, Poison (Toxic in particular) and strong Fairies like Clefable as far as I can see.
If you're really creative, and studious towards learning the details of each field, it might be possible but really difficult.
I'd suggest to have extra members to cover up those weaknesses or substituting some, but feel free to tackle the game as you like.
Be sure to check out the Reborn Viability Thread for suggestions.

Firstly, it depends on how much time you are willing to invest in forcing your team through each fight. One person is trying to do a harder version of Reborn (Reborn Hardcore) with only NFE (not-fully-evolved) Pokemon (and no in-battle items or over-leveling) to... arguable success (but that's masochist mode tbh). What I mean in that example is that, with enough dedication, you can get through with almost anything you want (obviously, Metapod solo is a no-go, but your team is very reasonable)

Secondly, what point of the game are you at (badge-wise)? It's much easier to gauge your expected... experience if we know where you're starting. If it's before Julia, there'll be a lot of pain, but around say... 7 badges? Much less pain for a while. 11? PAIN.

Thirdly, an analysis of your team:

Chesnaught: Not the best starter, but not to be scoffed at, either; it hits decently hard, and has a protection move, which can help with the power boost moves get from changing the field, if you time it correctly. Might be a bit slow toward the close of the current release, but it can carry its weight in a few of the critical fights.

Meowstic-M allows just about everything you have to take hits (assuming it has Light Screen/Reflect) that they probably shouldn't risk otherwise. Priority status moves can help in some fights, since the AI doesn't like to switch too often (and is thus more prone to harm from said status). Just watch out for Full Restores.

Lopunny: Sadly no Mega Lopunny yet :( Regardless, Lopunny provides a good foundation to the rest of your team due to some basic types it gets that aren't that prevalent in (what I assume) your team knows. Return/Jump Kick still deals good damage before Mega Evolving, Healing Wish is a plausible last-ditch move that has pulled through before for me, and (if you are patient enough) it can get Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch from Medicham via breeding.

Arcanine: Saviour of Fire-monotype runs everywhere; it hits hard physically and specially, its natural abilities are good, and it gets good (Growlithe) level-up moves. As long as you have Heat Wave on this, you should be fine. (if not... umm... hopefully you have gotten past him, then)

Clawitzer: Another fun Pokemon that gets good boosts to good (for Reborn) coverage. Also a no-miss move, because missing sucks. Water/Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere will get you quite a ways, as I've seen. Not a lot of advice to give, for Clawitzer, though; its ability is really the only significant thing it has imo, though it really does help pull the team through some... specific fights.

Glaceon or Sylveon- Both. And Leafeon as well. Sylveon has a very specific issue in the E15 (latest part of current release) content. Glaceon can effectively murder basically everything E14 on. (12-13 badges). All I have to say. STAB 130sAtk Blizzard by Level-up (Lv45) is nothing to scoff at. Mirror Coat is useful in specific circumstances, but makes a good gimmick move (Also might nearly OHKO a certain troll boss). Ice shard is priority, which can easily change the tide of battle. Meanwhile, Sylveon has... uh... Not much as of E15. Maybe that'll change in E16, but... Limited Move Tutor moves lowers its usability (do we even have Hyper Beam at this point?). At leas tRound exists as a decent 90BP Fairy move, should it have Pixilate. Cute Charm isn't as useful due to the genderlocking (M to F, F to M), and the fact it still never want to activate, even under the right circumstance, because 30%. Glaceon all the way.

EDIT:

Also, what Grima said about hax riiight down V there V

Very true. mde too broken, axe for E19

Edited by Cobalt996

I'd even hazard potentially considering putting dedenne in there, good hax are hard to come by, so a guaranteed para is always nice. Depending on where you are at in the game, I'd say go for Glaceon, it will help you out a bit more in certain places, but Sylveon is a great choice as well.

if you haven't faced T3RR4 in the glitch field get Glaceon, but if you are past Terra, get Sylveon

Noivern isn't that bad of a pokemon to pick up (as its pre evolved form noibat which evolves at 48) its boomburst was able to help me defeat Ciel on the 1st try I got lucky and 1 shotted it with Boomburst. But overall truly does depend on your play style but I recommend using multiple pokemon