Battleborn

Godot

The team that created Borderlands made a MOBA, which is essentially their take on games like LoL and DotA. After playing the beta I am totally on board for this game. Is anyone else playing this? And if so, What console? And who are you playing?

I am playing on PS4 and am currently a fan of Shayne, Oscar Mike, ISAC, and Marquis. I plan on playing a lot of El Dragòn when I unlock him.

If you unlock him. We can't seem to win whenever you play Isic or Marquis. But that's because we keep getting paired with people new to the game while going up against level 50+ people.

Current champs:

Oscar Mike

Marquis

Disliked Champs:

Montana

Thorn

Benedict

Champs I need to Try:

Kleese

Miko

Ghalt

Rath

Whiskey Foxtrot

Caldarius

Boldur

Galilea

Reyna

I liked playing Nautilus in LoL, so I imagine I'll enjoy using Ghalt a whole lot.

It's not that we couldn't win, it was that we kept DCing.

Also I never made the comparison to Gault and Nautilus. I did notice the many copy and paste characters from LoL, TF2, and Overwatch. (I am probably butchering the spelling of some of these names)

Rath = Master Yi and Garren Wombo combo.

Ambra = Fiora

Thrall Guy = Alister

ISAC = Bastion

Montana = The Heavy

Galilea = Pantheon

Benedict = Phara

Gault = Nautilus

Thorn = Ashe

Idk names, but I know Overwatch has a copy pasta Miko and Boldur

Orendi = Jinx

Toby = idr the name of the LoL character's name but he is essentially an Ewok in a Mech there is also an Overwatch character with similar design named D Va

• 4 weeks later...

I mostly use Marquis. Even if I'm not overly useful I do come in handy with objectives. I'm playin on Xbox one. But I need more friends. :-(

I will pretty much accept any requests, sneppaHtihS666 is my tag.

XB1, really???

So few games are XB1 exclusive that make an XB1 worth getting. And even then, they're pretty disappointing. *coughhalocough*

Apparently Jelly plays BB on PS4, as well as Godot and I.

Wish I could help ya but it's not worth it to me to get BB for xb1.

All that pushed aside...

Don't you hate it when you choose Marquis and someone else on your team decides to be Thorn?

You don't need two snipers on a team. I think Thorn plays terribly when a Marquis is around and the team is robbed of someone who could have helped push and/or finished off enemies weakened by his sniper fire.

Thorn's rate of fire is incredibly slow, especially if you want to charge her arrows for decent damage. Not good or exceptional. Decent. And that is against a team with big players for tanks, like Isic, Montana, Toby, etc. If they're pretty much any other character that favors using speed and/or jumping around like a demented bunny... Thorn is sunk.

Just played an amazing game as Thorn. Tempted to never touch the game again lol

Deathless%20Thorn_zpshihqubkf.jpg

EDIT: Also just for fun here's a Miko game i played a the first night I got Battleborn

Deathless%20Miko_zpsbl6njqhv.jpg

I tend to avoid capture a bit because the PvP in that is so direct and if you have teammates who don't know how stay and support in a fight instead of running or always just doing their own thing, it's a lot harder to carry in that mode than in the others.

Edit:

Also Jory, have look at this dingus.

The message I got at the end of one match.

7EJFG0H.png

What actually happened that match.

dd7NZ50.png

This guy was in lobby with a WF title. But I picked him first.

WF is not nearly as simple and easy to use as OM.

And he got outperformed not only by everyone else on the team as an OM, the entire enemy team except for 1 out-performed him.

Keep in mind that our team got 33 cumulative kills and they had 9 total. And they still did better than him.

Mike is brain dead easy to use and OP too. My Marquis did ok I'm that game...

Edit: How the fuck did he only kill 3 minions?!?

Mike is brain dead easy to use and OP too. My Marquis did ok I'm that game...

Edit: How the fuck did he only kill 3 minions?!?

Isn't that the real mystery here?

But looking at the BB forums, people are saying that they rarely see a good Oscar Mike. And that when teams see an enemy Oscar Mike, they ignore him.

And I'm extremely disturbed because I keep running into good OM's and they oftentimes help carry their team. Whatever, though. That just means they won't see me coming.

Also, was running through a mission and heard this gem. Gotta love the humor in this game.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Guys their team was so bad. SO BAD. I literally 3v1'd them at one point and won. Had 54% bow accuracy and got a 20 kill streak.

Today was a good day.

Thorn%20Destruction_zpsan9iwztz.jpg

Favorite kill of the match was a Green Ball that I fired from my team's healing room onto our sniper platform to kill Montana as he tried to run. I also killed Montana from my healing room while he was at his team's entrance to mid with a 4-shot combo (charge shot, charge shot, regular shot, Volley).

Oops I did it again ft. Thorn. My team wasn't great. Slowly figuring out that taking the healing room isn't how you win; you need the corner Accelerator to push their wave back into their base. Just hold their and farm while your minions hit their sentry. Also figuring out that Thorn is a champ at trapping enemies. Volley around the corner to get Curse on them, then Blight as they come around. They'll be slowed, so use that time to prep and deliver an ult. Usually a kill on squishies.

Thorn%20strikes%20again_zpsgkjtxggi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...