Starter

Amethyst

Starters  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What starter will you choose?

• Tsutarja
    • Pokabu
    • Mijumaru

[quote name='Will' post='4485' date='Sep 15 2010, 12:07 PM'][img]http://i51.tinypic.com/3wlc3.jpg[/img][/quote]
.....mother fucker

And seeing the Water starter (I am not learning the Japanese names) dance around and look....happy, I think it looks better. Its artwork is rather glum. Plus, it has those canine fangs! Those make everything look better.

While at the same time, [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Smugleaf is a douche.[/color]
[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/2hyyuz4.jpg[/img]
[color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']Everyone knows Treecko is the best...[/color]

They also made the Fire starter Fire/Fighting. So just....what the fuck?

We've had pure Water and combined with Ground and Steel. There has also been pure Grass and combined with Poison and Ground. I know there have been 3 pure Water and Grass types, but damn it they weren't all in a row. It went Water -> Water -> Water/Ground -> Water/Steel -> Water and then Grass/Poison -> Grass -> Grass -> Grass/Ground -> Grass. I am not against having pure typing for the starters. Their role as the first Pokemon and embodying basic elements (kinda) means they don't have to change that much. They have all started as pure types save Bulbasaur so if they stay that way after fully evolving, fine. We haven't had that happen with all of them because they have, thankfully, added unique types to make them stand out. It's when they repeat these type combinations that peeves me off. It makes sense that what is supposed to be the embodiment of Water for that generation is pure Water. It does NOT make sense that what is supposed to embody Fire keeps having to also be Fighting. What the hell is it that they think that Fire/Fighting is such a natural combination? I just can't like these Fire starters anymore because they keep doing the EXACT SAME SHIT! I don't even know why they thought that a pig is the picture of fighting. Blaziken was sort of there, as you could say it's like cock fighting. A bit harsh comparison for Nintendo to use, but I don't see any other reason why a Fire bird, which starts as a chicken, would become a fighting type. Infernape probably made the most sense because of there is that Monkey Deity that is supposed to be mischievous and the master fighter. It [i]looks [/i]like a damn Fighting type. But now a fat ass pig? Where is the logic that a pig that breaths fire should also know how to do karate? Just do not see why it had to be Fire/Fighting again when it has been done before so frequently. Again I say it:

What the fuck?

Aparently it came to them by an easy name mashup- Emboar. And then they ran with it.

Why fighting? I dunno. I suppose everything fat and bulky has to have some muscle somewhere under there capable of moving it with enough force to at least oppose gravity.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
lol, this topic is really old, before anyone knew what they did and whatnot... I'm pretty sure the previous votes are just based on appearance, really. I actually never voted on this, but if I had, I would have voted for Snivy easily; now however, I actually like Oshawott the most <3

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...