What are your dreams?

SonOfRed

Now I mean like your dream for who you want to be and what you want to do in life. If you could reach your goals what do you want those goals to be, and how do you plan to reach them if you want to reach them?

I know that my goals are to be a game developer for my favorite studio Naughty Dog. They've been the biggest inspiration in my life mostly because almost everything they make is a classic and revolutionary and just freaking awesome. I've done research on how to get into Naughty Dog and mostly they look for experience, five years to be exact. So my plan is to work on independent projects in college, maybe once I'm out of college get an internship for a dev company locally to start building experience. If not then I can get a job and just keep doing independent work on the side. I honestly don't care how long this takes me, but I could die a very happy person if I just got to work for Naughty Dog for just a day. It makes me excited and just giddy thinking about the possibility of doing it. I've even talked about my family with it, and they wish me the best of luck. Granted they really don't want me to move to literally the other side of the country, I don't want distance to stop me. Once I'm out of college I want to hit the ground running and I don't want to stop til I get there. It's California or bust for me.

What about anyone else, what lengths would you go to to accomplish your dream?

Hmm, I have many hopes and dreams. Well, I hope that I could go from national to international martial artist and maybe travel the world, write a few books, make a few Pokémon games. I guess that would be my hopes for me. (For now, that is)

Edited by Cool Girl

Hmm, I'm thinking any kind of books that come to my mind. Also, maybe instead of international martial artist, how about competing in the Olympics. (Also, if you're reading, I did kick those little perverts's a****, just like you told me! :)

My dream is to study and be a psychologist and psychiatrist. I probably would be a biologist on the side (It would have been my original major, had Dr. Sigmund Connal not inspired me indirectly. And no, not to electrocute people. To me, that's only a last-resort measure.)

I probably would have also been a video game designer, but that's more of my brother's thing. Me, I just like brains and seeing how the mind works.

I... To be honest, my dream is mainly to have a decent standard of living, which really means just getting paid a decent salary. Right now I'm aiming at becoming a heart monitor techinician at a hospital, because it's not exactly difficult nor high-stress. I'll be attending a class for it in a couple weeks so that should be interesting..

But if I could really pick what to do, I'd like to be a writer for a company like Arkane or Bioware. Bioware was hiring freelancers a while ago, but I can't actually work in Canada so I had to pass on that. For now. I'd honestly love to write for the digimon video games or... even Pokemon I -suppose- but I'm not sure how feasible that is, considering I know very little Japanese and live in America, lol. I'd even settle for localization but when I checked bandai namco and noa's websites I didn't really see anything.

funny, I have a friend that's also aiming for Naughty Dog. homegurl's played last of us like 53 times it's so sad. if you meet her there in 5 years give her my love kk?

Strangely, I somehow managed to accomplish my original career goals in my typical stumbling fashion and now I'm kinda at a loss. perhaps i should be ETERNAL RIVALS with u guys and start making games?? i've already own'd the vfx industry without watching movies so idk

you guys all have badass dreams go u

dudadama, don't forget to get a side career as a masked vigilante!!

Edited by Halloween

Well..I have many dreams too! One of them is to get a master in child psychology (I'm studying to be a teacher right now, so I have a few years for that), I want to be successful and independent. I want to live somewhere abroad (like London or New York) and have a house of my own (not too big but not too small), with a playroom and a huge closet full of clothes. When i say playroom I mean a room with all the new consoles and a large plasma tv..or maybe two..I'll see..after I accomplish these and be more stable, I'd like to marry and have kids. Oh, also, I want to have one cat and a dog, I love animals, especially cats (crazy cat lady on the way :P).

• Global Mods

I'm in Australia, on a journey to meet the first frog that ever existed. It's storming, and I'm taking shelter inside a haunted house. After the storm passes, I travel southwards. A passing stranger stops to talk about bicycles and then passes again. I head to the designated meeting pond. The frog challenges me to tennis, and I win. The frog then invites me to the secret base, which you can willingly teleport yourself to if you know about it. So the frog and I go there. Waiting for us are Gandalf, Casper, Waluigi, Sonic, Yoshi, Lightning (FF) and the grandmother of an unknown person (she knows she's a grandmother, but she doesn't know whose grandmother she is and nobody else does either).

With everybody here, we start on our next destination: a set of caverns, at the bottom of which is a green gemstone. When we got there, we started to hear music. We made it through the cavern, having an obligatory dance-off with a two-headed snake on the way, and retrieved the gemstone. When we get back to the base, Casper asks "So now that we have the gemstone, what exactly are we going to do with it". The rest of us say "idk" in unison. Casper says "Oh, ok. Anyone want omelettes?" So we all eat omelettes.

EDIT: Woah, I just realized! What if the grandmother is the grandmother of the stranger that talks about bicycles? There's no way something like that would just happen with no explanation and no future importance, is there?

EDIT2: Well I talked to the grandmother and it turns out the bicycle stranger actually was just a random event, lol. It's happened to everyone in our group before at least once.

My dreams are my goals; there can be no distinction between the two, for any variance implies that the dream one possesses lacks conviction and is merely idle fantasy. Personally, I loathe the phrases 'would be', 'if I could', 'could have been' and the like. It suggests lack of control or lack of planning over one's own fate, which, if true, is tantamount to self-defeat in my book.

For those interested, and since the topic concerns it, I state my goals: to establish an independent career as a chartered accountant as a foundation, to pursue higher education in the fields of economics and banking, to enter the Civil Services and work towards the betterment of my nation, the way I see it needs. I do not feel obliged to detail my ambitions further; any more talk and it loses power.

I also believe in forever pursuing knowledge, and forever learning and developing one's skills to mastery, be it art, literature, music, history, or any or all of them- what prevents us from learning?

I would not state these if I was not confident of working towards and ultimately achieving them; empty words are again an acknowledgement of self-defeat.

Let our dreams be shown to the world by our actions; let them not remain mere ideas, let them fructify into achievements. Let this post of mine also stand as a promise that I make, to myself.