Psychic Mono-run Ghost Gym

Anddew

I'm doing a mono psychic run and I'm currently stuck on Narcissa and was wondering if you guys had any ideas. The main problem is Mismagius is faster than all of my pokemon and 1HKO them. I did try using Flash to make a Blessed field but Narcissa's signature move cancels it out. Here is my current team

Delphox lvl 40

Magician

Psyshock

Psybeam

Mystic Fire

Fire Spin

Meowstic (F) lvl 40

Competitive

Shadow Ball

Psychic

Disarming Voice

Fake Out

Swoobat lvl 38

Unaware

Calm Mind

Air Slash

Confusion

Assurance

Hypno lvl 39

Inner Focus

Hypnosis

Poison Gas

Psybeam

Headbutt

Gothitelle lvl 40

Shadow Tag

Feint Attack

Double Slap

Psychic

Flash

Medicham lvl 40

Pure Power

Force Palm

Confusion

Hidden Power (Ice)

High Jump Kick

PC

Grumpig lvl 35 Munna lvl 30

Gluttony Telepathy

Magic Coat Hypnosis

Zen Headbutt NIghtmare

Power Gem Psybeam

Rest Moonlight

From when I did a psychic Monotype, I believe it worked after a few resets if I set up max calm mind on Swoobat. However, my Swoobat had simple, and simple Swoobat is super nice to have (Not to mention pretty much essential to sweep that gym since Drifblim will usually do too much damage to calm mind through without simple), so that's probably what you want to work towards.

Well I'm not good with battling but based on the pokemon you have, Delphox can set up light screen. Delphox also learns Shadow Ball via tutor. So, yeah change that Swoobat ability to Simple and add light screen to your team so Swoobat has a chance to sweep.

Well I'm not good with battling but based on the pokemon you have, Delphox can set up light screen. Delphox also learns Shadow Ball via tutor. So, yeah change that Swoobat ability to Simple and add light screen to your team so Swoobat has a chance to sweep.

I don't think you can get heart scales at that point in the game, so the Delphox moveset can not be helped.

iirc there was a Heart Scale in Marianette's Mansion, unless that was removed, but too late to get that now

Calm Mind Simple Swoobat is probably the way to go, though, as it can tank Shadow Balls and deal some hefty damage at +6.

Thanks for the replies everybody, sadly I don't have any ability capsules (already used the one from venom and missed the other two) so I'm training a new Swoobat.

As a side note, you can also buy them from a vendor on route 2 for 10k. If you don't have that money, there's always the moomoo milk trick.

If you found the Kingdra Wing in Purity Forest (It's like a bit to the left and down of where the eldest stands) and beat the corresponding boss in Corta forest (Level 48 Kingdra that only fights you if you give it said wing, at the *seemingly* dead end with a Kingdra statue and a foreshadowing guy that mentions it.), you gain access to an area with Miltank. Well, on top of Zubat, a thing for the Ditto event, and the itemfinder. But these Miltank will give you a moomoo milk for an oran berry. You can buy oran berries for 20 yen (or whatever) at the berry emporium, and then you can just convert them all into moomoo milks. 99 moomoo milk sell for somewhere between 20-27k, and I believe gives a profit of like 22k.

If that even matters / is benefical to you :P

Edited by BananananaK

Thanks to everyone who provided input I finally beat Narcissa. Swoobat KO'd Drifblim and Rotom and nearly got Mismagius. Hypno was able to finish it with hypnosis and flash. Delphox then took out Chandelure, Spiritomb and Gengar with retaliative ease (Spiritomb insisted on using hypnosis and dream eater).