Who deserves a Mega Evolution?

Rosesong

Megas aside I want more eeveelutions. One for every type. Got it game freak? Do it. Now.

All the starters who don't have megas should get Mega's except Blaziken, He's OP enough.

There are a ton of 'mons I would love to see get Megas from Milotic, Kingdra, Flygon, Froslass, Spiritomb. Basically anything that has ever been a pain in the canon games leading up to gen 6 should get one.

While there are a lot of Megas I would like to see, there are also quite a few I would like to be redone

Mega Ludiculo for maximum party

Mega Ditto because i want to see what gamefreak does with it

Mega Ninjask because it was one of my favorite mons in emerald

Mega Crobat with 8 wings

idk, the 'mons I really wanted to have megas mostly have megas already

Mega Ditto because i want to see what gamefreak does with it

Mega Ditto just becomes "Mewthree" (since it is HEAVILY implied that Ditto are failed Mew-clones - which is head-canon for most Player [since there still is no official confirmation]) - it's Ability becomes Protean, and while Mega-Evolved it changes Transform into a new move, which lets you choose ANY move you want!

With protean it will therefore always get STAB etc.

and with "becomes Mewthree" I mean it!

it would get downscaled Stats of what normal MewTWO has, with modifications made with the Dittos EV/IVs and its nature, breaking the rules of +100 BS for Mega-evolutions

downscaled stats, since they are no perfect clones, they don't get the perfect stats...

Ditto has all BS at 48...

giving it a BS total of: 288

Mewtu has:

HP: 106

ATK: 110

DEF: 90

Sp.A: 154

Sp.D: 90

SPEED: 130

BS Total: 680

let's say Mega-Ditto (Mewthree) gets:

HP: 95

ATK: 90

DEF: 80

Sp.A: 120

Sp.D: 80

SPEED: 100

BS total: 565

BS total: 9001

That's disturbing.

M-Ditto? Really now?

ummm... 9001? an over 9000 joke? for what?

that M-Ditto would have the same BS-total as M-Absol... what's so "over 9000" about that?

it's still among the weakest Megas and defineteley weaker than any fully evolved Pseudo-Legendary...

(ok those protean - any move you want is kinda over the top... but give it something in exchange for Transform, otherwise it would be useless... and Metronome seemed to unreliable to me - I just wanted to make it a bit fun for it being mostly only used as a breeding-machine...)

ummm... 9001? an over 9000 joke? for what?

that M-Ditto would have the same BS-total as M-Absol... what's so "over 9000" about that?

it's still among the weakest Megas and defineteley weaker than any fully evolved Pseudo-Legendary...

(ok those protean - any move you want is kinda over the top... but give it something in exchange for Transform, otherwise it would be useless... and Metronome seemed to unreliable to me - I just wanted to make it a bit fun for it being mostly only used as a breeding-machine...)

Calm down. You took Ditto and gave it an uber (higher than mega) evolution. Similar to others here, you wanted to buff your pokemon. However, megas boost all stats bar HP, which means your creation was over the top as it didn't follow the rules of mega evolution and gave boosts to everything for a pokemon that can only learn transform, which is essentially its gimmick. You created the perfect Ditto based on the way you imagined it in your head, but the way this steps over the rules and boosts is similar to how sudden rises in power levels between villains in DBZ worked, hence the "over 9000" joke. To the point, if you ask me.

There is no particular reason not to give Ditto Protean, since we can work around the lore and Ditto's pokedex entries to justify it. However, since it is considered a failed replica, it should share common traits with its predecessor. I would also ask a question. Since megas are man-made evolutions, why would a scientific group forge such an object for a pokemon that is considered a de facto failure? They already have increased the successful one's potential.

There is no particular reason not to give Ditto Protean, since we can work around the lore and Ditto's pokedex entries to justify it. However, since it is considered a failed replica, it should share common traits with its predecessor. I would also ask a question. Since megas are man-made evolutions, why would a scientific group forge such an object for a pokemon that is considered a de facto failure? They already have increased the successful one's potential.

yeah, granted... I didn't thought about that HP buff with Megas, I derped at that point.

(and seriously giving such a weak Pokemon 'only' +100 Basestats wouldn't make it any more attractive - it would still be only on 388)

Why they should create something for their failures? because they couldn't control the successful one!

Mewtwo went on a rampage and destroyed the Lab, and then escaped Giovanni, who could only control it with its (badass) Metal Psychic-Armor.

they were working on the Mega-evolution for Mewtwo (hence the X and Y stones as you said), but since it went its own way, there is no more Mewtwo for them to use it on - and since they have lots of Ditto, even if it is a failed one, it is still a replica - therefore it should be easy to tinker around to make it work on it.

to create an Army, instead of having only one!

Unless I missed something aren't mega stones more of an ancient thing that seem to grow and are found in ruins? as for Ditto if it did Mega Evolve and you didn't want it to have Imposter an exclusive ability that may or may not be fair would be maybe something that lets it transform into any pokemon in your party and use the moves that pokemon has? maybe to limit this the pokemon has to be still able to fight to be able to be transformed into or ditto copies their current HP I don't know.

as for a mega of my opinion, I don't think it's hard to imagine maybe Weezing or someone like Mr Mime maybe Prankster ability although that could easily be a tad stronk depending

If I'm not mistaken, mega stones are a relatively new artificial creation aimed to boost pokemon powers in a somewhat recent war.

The XY universe is a parallel one to all that were introduced before, or so it hints.

Obviously Ninetales, Arcanine, Rapidash, Flareon, Moltres, Typhlosion, Magcargo, Entei, Ho-Oh, Torkoal, Infernape, Magmortar, Heatran, Victini, Emboar, Simisear, Darmanitan, Chandelure, Heatmor, Volcarona, Reshiram, Delphox, Talonflame, Pyroar, and Volcanion (IK I ripped of Xiri's joke, chastise me if you feel it necessary)

Funny to think that thus far there hasn't been a single mega Gen 6 Pokemon despite the mechanic coming out in that gen.

Furfrou, Diggersby, Pyoar, Noivern, Trevenant, Avalugg and Pangoro all could use a Mega evolution.

Although I won't be satisfied until there are enough mega Pokemon so that you won't know which member of a persons team is a mega.

Obviously Ninetales, Arcanine, Rapidash, Flareon, Moltres, Typhlosion, Magcargo, Entei, Ho-Oh, Torkoal, Infernape, Magmortar, Heatran, Victini, Emboar, Simisear, Darmanitan, Chandelure, Heatmor, Volcarona, Reshiram, Delphox, Talonflame, Pyroar, and Volcanion (IK I ripped of Xiri's joke, chastise me if you feel it necessary)

Funny to think that thus far there hasn't been a single mega Gen 6 Pokemon despite the mechanic coming out in that gen.

Furfrou, Diggersby, Pyoar, Noivern, Trevenant, Avalugg and Pangoro all could use a Mega evolution.

Although I won't be satisfied until there are enough mega Pokemon so that you won't know which member of a persons team is a mega.

Maybe they will just break the whole game and give aegislash a mega evolution, or maybe they will give every starter a mega evolution. personally

I´m just hoping for some competent ice type mega´s

or some gen 6/7 mega evolutions that are actually used by npc trainers, because let's face it right now every mega evolution breaks the pve game

Edited by mwijsman

Wrong!

There is a Gen6 Mega - Diancie!

and it is the only one from Gen.6 ... but seriously Gen.6 introduced less Pokemon than any other Generation, and their Starters will eventually get one (I was actually surprised they didn't get one from the start)

just like Gen.5 where Audino is the only one to get a Mega, and Gen.5 introduced the most Pokemon out of all Generations with 156! (Gen1 is 2nd with 151 :P)

so you could say Gen6 AND Gen5 need some Mega love...^^

Ha! It's obviously Magnezone.

Much as I regret to say it, Magnezone's role in OU is limited to the niche of steel trapping and subsequent pivoting, and this niche is slowly but surely shrinking with each new generation. Magnezone can't make adequate use of its bulk and 10 resistances due to its extremely exploitable weaknesses (especially to ground; I mean why the hell does it not have levitate) and the fact that it is rather underwhelming in power if it forced to use a Choice Scarf.

Mega Magnezone should obtain a dramatic increase in Special Attack and Speed, along with minor bulk buffs, as well as the ability Levitate. (It's not uncommon for a fat metal monster to become fast when it gets its butt off the ground. Look at metagross's speed boost, and it's mega doesn't even have levitate)

That way, Magnezone can trap steels, eliminate them and proceed to mega evolve on that turn, giving it a relatively safe and free turn to increase its speed and power, and take on the role of a fast, powerful special wallbreaker and pivot while still keeping Magnet Pull in its unevolved state to perform it's original job.

Edited by Viridescent