Team Suggestions Against Water Gym

FeralGator

Okay so I'm stuck beyond stuck right now. I need help with my team because this water betch keeps taking down everything I raise up. Here are the Pokemon I have that can contend with her level wise:

Zebstrika - Lv.43

Wishcash - Lv.44

Swoobat - Lv.44

Houndoom - Lv.44

Medicham - Lv.40

Gigalith - Lv.40

Cofagrigus - Lv.40

Torkoal - Lv.40

Manectric - Lv.44

Sawsbuck - Lv.45

Seismitoad - Lv.42

Mawile - Lv.44

Feraligatr - Lv.44

Vanillish - Lv.42

Helioptile - Lv.43

Pelliper - Lv.40

Here are the Pokemon I still need to work on level wise:

Misdrevus - Lv.37

Dusclops - Lv.38

Gourgeist - Lv.38

Beautifly - Lv.36

Dustox - Lv.36

Granted, I am NOT using my Houndoom, Gigalith, Torkoal, Helioptile, or Swoobat against her. I'm mainly listing them because they are among my strongest.

My level cap is 45

I'm stuck on Terajuma Shore. I can't leave it, meaning I can't capture any new Pokemon aside from a Weepinbell (which I can't evolve so I'm not even going to bother with it), and a Krabby (which I've been giving serious thought to).

Based on who I have, is there anything I can do to land me a win? I would list the moves they all have but honestly, I'm not in the mood to go though each and every one of them. I'm honestly just super frustrated at how much work I'm putting into leveling only to get wiped out from just three of her six Pokemon. So please, can anyone help me figure out a strategy to kick this betch's ass? I would very much like to be able to continue this game sometime in the near future. Heh.

l'D

Edited by FeralGator

Hmmmm... Just from the Pokemon you have available to you, I'd suggest:

Manectric, Seismitoad (If it has Water Absorb or Swift Swim), Sawsbuck, Medicham, Zebstrika, and Mismagius.

Valerie is pretty strong. If you it were possible to go back to the mainland at this point, I'd suggest picking up Pichu because Nasty Plot Raichu made the fight much more manageable for me. (I just had to wait until Politoed's rain went away and Lanturn was down, otherwise Raichu got OHKO'd by Politoed and couldn't take down Lanturn) If your Medicham knows Acupressure and you get really desperate you could resort to cheesing Valerie if you have the patience to try until you get the right boosts.

Edited by Personthing

Hmmmm... Just from the Pokemon you have available to you, I'd suggest:

Manectric, Seismitoad (If it has Water Absorb or Swift Swim), Sawsbuck, Medicham, Zebstrika, and Mismagius.

Valerie is pretty strong. If you could go back to the mainland at this point, I'd suggest picking up Pichu because Nasty Plot Raichu made the fight much more manageable for me. (I just had to wait until Politoed's rain went away and Lanturn was down, otherwise Raichu got OHKO'd by Politoed and couldn't take down Lanturn) If your Medicham knows Acupressure and you get really desperate you could resort to cheesing Valerie if you have the patience to try until you get the right boosts.

Oh shit I put mismagius. I meant Misdrevus. I haven't been able to evolve her yet. My bad on that. And I don't think it's possible for me to go back to the mainlands? If it is then I will feel like a certain bimbo for not have discovering it sooner. lol.

My Seismitoad has the Swift Swim ability on him.

Lax Nature

ATK: 95

DEF: 85

Sp.ATK: 86

Sp.DEF: 70

SPEED: 77

Knows: Muddy Water, Aqua Ring, Mud Shot, and Bounce

Medicham - Ability = Telepathy

Jolly Nature

ATK: 55

DEF: 65

Sp.ATK: 55

Sp.DEF: 73

SPEED: 77

Knows: Hidden Power, Force Palm, Confusion, and High Jump Kick

Edited by FeralGator

Oh shit I put mismagius. I meant Misdrevus. I haven't been able to evolve her yet. My bad on that. And I don't think it's possible for me to go back to the mainlands? If it is then I will feel like a certain bimbo for not have discovering it sooner. lol.

My Seismitoad has the Swift Swim ability on him.

Lax Nature

ATK: 95

DEF: 85

Sp.ATK: 86

Sp. DEF: 70

Speed: 77

Knows: Muddy Water, Aqua Ring, Mud Shot, and Bounce

Yeah it's impossible to go back at the current point in the game (my wording was a bit confusing sorry). You made the same mistake I did missing the dusk stone that's right next to the odd house, so scratch Mismagius of the list. Perhaps change it with Mawile, which would be mostly fodder to keep Manectric healthy? That Seismitoad should be able to take out Lanturn or at least weaken it enough for Manectric to start getting to work on Valerie's team. Your main focus should be taking down Politoad and Lanturn ASAP, wait for rain to end, and then let Manectric go to town, while also foddering things to keep it healthy if need be.

Edited by Personthing

My Manectric was able to do some serious damage to her, though her field ability did cause some issues in the long run. In all honesty, this was the gym I had to reset on, as I didn't have a team the could counter her on my first account. Just keep trying, and I'm sure you'll be able to leave her washed up.

Yeah it's impossible to go back at the current point in the game (my wording was a bit confusing sorry). You made the same mistake I did missing the dusk stone that's right next to the odd house, so scratch Mismagius of the list. Perhaps change it with Mawile, which would be mostly fodder to keep Manectric healthy? That Seismitoad should be able to take out Lanturn or at least weaken it enough for Manectric to start getting to work on Valerie's team. Your main focus should be taking down Politoad and Lanturn ASAP, wait for rain to end, and then let Manectric go to town, while also foddering things to keep it healthy if need be.

There was a Dusk Stone?! QAQ

Damn. Once I am able to back track to there, I'm so going to pick it up. I also need to find a sun stone for Helioptile. I love me some Heliolisk. But first things first. So I should put Seismitoad out first because of its swift swim ability? I'd think I'd want to use Aqua Ring first then spam with Muddy Water? Seeing as the water field boosts the strength and it still deals some decent damage regardless of Poli's typing.

God I never knew a Politoad could give me this much trouble before

My Manectric was able to do some serious damage to her, though her field ability did cause some issues in the long run. In all honesty, this was the gym I had to reset on, as I didn't have a team the could counter her on my first account. Just keep trying, and I'm sure you'll be able to leave her washed up.

Oh gosh that must have Suuuuuuucked. I personally refuse to start over. I love the team I have, as I've raised Pokemon I never would have even tried to raise before. My Swoobat and my Houndoom are my legitimate bae's. I love them to death. <3

Thank you for the encouragement! I really hope I can with what I've got. It's a struggle I'll tell you what. hehe

Edited by FeralGator

For the record you defintely need pure power on medicham :)

If I could possibly change its ability I would, or even breed it to try and get another I would. Sadly though for the moment, I must remain with and work with what I have.

At the Terajuma island, there are rocks you can mine with the kit. If you want (and what i did) was to keep mining the rock until something i want appeared, soft resetting if i didn't. So that's a way to get the sun stone? for the helipotile to become a heliolisk.

I think that electric types are the way to go. The field boosts electric moves by a bit and most her mons carry ice beam for the grass types. manectric, Zebstrika and heliolisk (preferably with dry skin) should be able to do some work against her, and if necessary bring in a grass type for any ground/water or electric/water types she has.

For the rocks, you could use a backup file to came back when you hadn't mined them, so you could obtain a Heliolisk (Dry Skin would be the best Ability) dunno if it's possible tho

Otherwise

- I recommend Zebstrika for Valarie, Discharge is amazing with the Water boost on it given by the field

-Then i'd use Feraligatr. it's a Water type and i guess you don't have Water moves only on it, so it may work

- Consider using Gourgeist, it's probably one of your best bets against Valarie, at level 38 it has already a good amount of good moves (like Leech Seed, Razor Leaf, Shadow Sneak and Trick or Treat)

- Even Manectric is good, i guess we all know why

- Sawsbuck, the best set imo is Horn Leech, HJK, Leech Seed and Take Down (She has a Lapras iirc, so HJK is pretty useful)

- The last i recommend is Seismitoad, mainly for taking down Lanturn

Edited by AndSoThereIsSt3ffo

• Veterans

Never fucking mind. My file got wiped.

I have to start all over.

.... yay

-n-

There should be backup saves in your saved games folder, so see if there's still a few savestates in that folder from before Valarie's fight. The Rejuv saved games folder can be located by typing in C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\Pokemon Rejuvenation in the address bar of windows explorer.

There should be backup saves in your saved games folder, so see if there's still a few savestates in that folder from before Valarie's fight. The Rejuv saved games folder can be located by typing in C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\Pokemon Rejuvenation in the address bar of windows explorer.

I run a Mac

EDIT:

NEVERMIND I FOUND IT! The file name got altered somehow.

Nope... nope it's gone. Caput. Bye bye. Yeah I'm gonna go lay down for a while.... My mood's been shot to hell and back.

Edited by FeralGator