Theme Tours: Interest Check

Ojama Yellow

Theme Tours  

23 members have voted

1. 1. If you didn't participate in yesterday's Theme Tour, what was the reason you didn't?

• I'm not interested in Theme Tours.
    • The timing was bad.
    • I wasn't interested in the prize.
    • I didn't like the rules.
    • Redemption League ran at the same time.
    • I didn't know it was being held.
    • Something else.
  2. 2. What can be done to make Theme Tours more interesting in your opinion?

• A different prize, like a set amount of rupees.
    • Give the winner the choice whether they want rupees as their prize or the prize Pokémon.
    • Change the timing.
    • More competitive-centred rules.
    • Less competitive-centred rules.
    • Something else.
  3. 3. If another Theme Tour would be held, would be interested in joining?

• Yes - definitely!
    • Ehhh, maybe. I don't know yet.
    • Depends on the rules.
    • Depends on the prize.
    • Depends on the timing.
    • No - definitely not.

As most of you are aware, yesterday (January the 10th, 4 PM EST), after quite some time of absence, another theme tour was held. The rules were simple. All moves that didn't have an added effect after the move in question was executed, were banned. These banned moves included Tackle, Surf, Psyshock... All other moves were allowed. The tier was OU. The prize for the winner was a Togekiss in the winner's Reborn game that knew the move Hurricane, a move it normally cannot learn under any circumstances.

However, the tournament completely flopped. Only four people joined, and Jericho (the theme tour's organizer) almost had to beg people to get a fourth entrant. If compared to the theme tours that were held previously, in a long and forgotten past, the latter did have more participants. There are also Kuro's tournaments, which handed out pseudo-legendaries for the winner's Reborn save, and there was a lot more activity there as well.

So where did it go wrong in this theme tour? That is the reason for the creation of this topic! Please discuss here what you think the reason for the flopping of this tour is! Please don't only vote on the poll - it is greatly appreciated if you would be willing to further elaborate on your votes.

Thank you for your attention!

well shias point is in one but not many people will bother with the brain cells for a togekiss knowing huricane of alll things(i mean why serene grace air slash is better on togekiss) a no guard machamp knowing fisure shear cold guilotine and horn drill holding a choice scarf maybe like you said kuros were more successful as he gave pseudo legends so more incentive give people a strong incentive like regigigas(an example not great a one but just go with it) and give like some runner up pokemon prizes like i dont know one random starter knowing an egg move an incentive and try having it on a weekends at different times as it may be continent for most if people find yeah i can do it and theres a neat reward in it so lets give it a shot.i actually found late about it if i knew i would've taken part just for the heck of it but oh well so more incentive and better rewards

Yea, the timing of it was main reason for the low amount of participants as well as the Prize may or may not have been appealing to others.

Holding it on a Friday/Saturday before Redemption League starts like around 1 PM - 3 PM should draw the most amount of people possible. Prize-wise, I have no clue what Jeri could do. If the mon is currently obtainable, I probably wouldn't be interested in getting it with a different move unless it is a one-time encounter mon like Ditto.

I didn't do this one because I kind of forgot about it and I was doing Redemption league at the same time.

Usually I can't participate in theme tours because they're when I'm at school, so I'd support them being on Fridays/ Saturdays American time if that was possible.

I didn't mind the prize but I'm not sure if I would have used it in my actual run.

I haven't participated for the timing (at that hour i just couldn't) and basically because i already have a Togepi with great IVs and i wasn't interested in a Togekiss with Hurricane. Ofc, if Jericho wants to do another one, with a better timing maybe, and with a more "interesting" pokemon like Kuro's pseudos, i would certainly participate.

I was no longer the tour host :^).

In truth, it is because reborn isn't as competitive oriented as it used to be.

Most people just don't care and the theme tour is not as hyped as it used to be.

my suggestion would be to make the prizes reborn rupees instead of reborn mons (Most of the competitive battlers in reborn don't care much about getting mons in a save) and making the themes less complicated.

most of the problems i had with theme tours is the time they're held. for us, in asian/australian timezones, most theme tours are in early-early-early morning, from 3-4AM. if it was tweaked just a little, i'll gladly participate! ^^

At the very least, yesterday that was more or less unavoidable due to the Staff meeting being later that evening.

well shias point is in one but not many people will bother with the brain cells for a togekiss knowing huricane of alll things(i mean why serene grace air slash is better on togekiss) a no guard machamp knowing fisure shear cold guilotine and horn drill holding a choice scarf maybe like you said kuros were more successful as he gave pseudo legends so more incentive give people a strong incentive like regigigas(an example not great a one but just go with it) and give like some runner up pokemon prizes like i dont know one random starter knowing an egg move an incentive and try having it on a weekends at different times as it may be continent for most if people find yeah i can do it and theres a neat reward in it so lets give it a shot.i actually found late about it if i knew i would've taken part just for the heck of it but oh well so more incentive and better rewards

The reasoning was that it can't learn Hurricane otherwise, The next one I was planning on giving away would have been Manectric with Ice Beam (Chosen by Hukuna). Legendaries aren't happening. The format I had in mind was that the auth would pick one of their favorite mons, and a move it can't usually learn and give it access to it. As for rupees, yes that can be done, but there may be an issue with that sort of prize going forward.

Yea, the timing of it was main reason for the low amount of participants as well as the Prize may or may not have been appealing to others.

Holding it on a Friday/Saturday before Redemption League starts like around 1 PM - 3 PM should draw the most amount of people possible. Prize-wise, I have no clue what Jeri could do. If the mon is currently obtainable, I probably wouldn't be interested in getting it with a different move unless it is a one-time encounter mon like Ditto.

I chose that time because it was the one that Kuro had been using. If you can all give me a day/time that works better for you as a whole, I'm flexible on that.

I didn't do this one because I kind of forgot about it and I was doing Redemption league at the same time.

Usually I can't participate in theme tours because they're when I'm at school, so I'd support them being on Fridays/ Saturdays American time if that was possible.

I didn't mind the prize but I'm not sure if I would have used it in my actual run.

I'd announced the time of this thing weeks ago. I don't know if Redemption ALWAYS starts at this time, and I'm not blaming Dashie in the slightest, but this theme tour kind of got its toes stepped on. I tried to make it viable for more people by saying they could do both.

I haven't participated for the timing (at that hour i just couldn't) and basically because i already have a Togepi with great IVs and i wasn't interested in a Togekiss with Hurricane. Ofc, if Jericho wants to do another one, with a better timing maybe, and with a more "interesting" pokemon like Kuro's pseudos, i would certainly participate.

Well the Pseudos have already been more or less given away.

I was no longer the tour host :^).

In truth, it is because reborn isn't as competitive oriented as it used to be.

Most people just don't care and the theme tour is not as hyped as it used to be.

my suggestion would be to make the prizes reborn rupees instead of reborn mons (Most of the competitive battlers in reborn don't care much about getting mons in a save) and making the themes less complicated.

While I want there to be a competitive aspect to this, I also want it to be a fun and unique experience each time. As I alluded to earlier, rupees could work, for now. I'm open to making the prize an option between the mon and rupees. It won't be some of the ridiculous 5000 rupee prizes like you used to give though. ;)

Mike if you change the day to Saturday, you'll get more people. That's more or less guaranteed. The rules should include more tiers imo and sometimes even play with type restrictions like the early tourneys. Also nice ideas are the weirdest ones like BST limits and max HP