pixelmon??

Amethyst

Your-craft!  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play on Vanilla MC currently, and would you be interested in playing Pixelmon?

• I play Vanilla MC, and am not interested in Pixelmon
    • I play Vanilla MC, but would probably play Pixelmon instead
    • I play Vanilla MC, but would probably play Pixelmon too
    • I don't play Vanilla MC, but I would play Pixelmon

• Administrators

Pix, pix~ Pix pix pixelmon~?

Anyway hi this is a thread for the minecraft fans.

We've had a few pixelmon servers in the past, and we have a vanilla server right now, but the opportunity has come up that it seems like we have a chance to get a separate Pixelmon server up alongside the Vanilla one. That said, given activity has fallen off on vanilla, I don't want to put this up if it'll end up making one server or the other a ghost town.

So see poll. Please answer very honestly, or a Wither will sneak into your house and kill you in your sleep. ^~^

Being a frequenter of the vanilla server, I see that the general majority of the server has reached an endgame level of things to do. We have automatic farms for valuable resources like iron and gold and the general consensus of players have an average of about a half a stack of diamonds which seems small, but is a pretty large number considering the average amount of players online on a good day is about 10 players. However we should not scrap the vanilla server, as recently there has been a spike in the amount of new faces on the server, and that is fueled by the efforts of people like murdoc and skeleton improving the conditions and aesthetics of the server and new Auth (in technicality) like inno. So yeah, I would like to see a Pixelmon server, but don't scrap the vanilla one. (yet.)

I don't go on the Reborn server, however I do have experience with past a pixelmon server (now it's dead). Anyways, it had a gym leader system vaguely following Gen I's, with a level caps to make it fair, etc etc. just a suggestion for if you decide to transition into pixelmon since it was one of the popular aspects of that server. (along with the choice of being in one of the evil teams. that would be a cool idea too, wouldnt it?)

If a Pixelmon server was added to the roster, I believe it would be interesting.

My only question would be what other mods would be available/necessary for Pixelmon? Would we be using Spawn of Psyduck mod? What about something like Peaceful Pack to allow other ways of item generation rather than brain-mashing pokemon?

I understand the problem with some players using older computers and not having the power to run too many mods, but I am curious to see what mods would be added, if any, to Pixelmon.

I'd be up for Pixelmon; prolly lags less than what I normally use, too; all that 15 fps ceiling, after Optifine.

Normally I'd be all over the vanilla MC server, but, as Sinikuro mentioned, most players are endgame, and I've never liked entering Vanilla MC that far behind the pack.