Back in my day...

Jacobliterator

Nostalgia. It just ain't what it used to be.

The question is simple. What nostalgic movie, show or game do you hold nearest and dearest to your heart and why?

For me, it can be none other than the Charlie Brown cartoons. They were so different to anything else you'd see for kids with a calm and mellow tone, a relaxed somewhat jazzy soundtrack and for touching on issues no other show would dare to. It got so much from so little.

But enough from me, what about you guys?

Tom and Jerry. That was my childhood, man. A mouse kicking the ass of a cat? oh man. You could say i was binge watching that at the age of 7/8

Another bit of nostalgia was the film Coraline. this is especially memorable and nostalgic to me because I got the shit scared out of me when i was 10, and i had a morbid fear of buttons for a few months after that.

When you're old like me, it isn't just one show, one movie, one book, one anything... The generation you grew up in shapes your experiences a great deal.

What sort of time honored things was I around that I thing are great even to this day?

A Muppet Christmas Carol- the story is very true to the original book from what I understand, but as a critic I have to say that it is my favorite Christmas movie of all time. The story itself is wonderful and intelligent and the songs are incredibly great and clever.

Batman: The Animated Series

It's a Wonderful Life- it's beyond even my time but I find it to be a fantastic movie nonetheless.

How to Kill A Mockingbird- also beyond my time, but it is timeless for a reason.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Today you learn that there is a good chunk of this that wasn't in the script. A lot of it was real. My situation was different, but today most of you also learn that I am a bastard and this gave me feels.

TIL that James Avery, the actor for Uncle Phil died in 2013 and I didn't know about it till today. wtf. feels...

I know there's more but I can't think of them atm for reasons. Excuse me...

I enjoyed watching the old Pokemon show, back when it was still great. These days, I love watching the new series for the sole purpose of laughing and nitpicking at it.

I also enjoyed the old Cartoon Network, such as Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and more. (I also enjoyed the old hub for Cartoon Network in general before it was replaced with a bunch of kids!)

Nickelodeon had good shows too, such as Hey Arnold, Jimmy Neutron, Fairly Odd Parents (Before it became similar to Johnny Test), and even the old Spongebob was great. There were also awesome shows like Ned's Declassified, Zoey 101, and of course, the unforgettable Drake and Josh.

Videogames I hold to my heart? While I do enjoy Super Mario Brothers and NES games, I REALLY enjoy Donkey Kong 64. It was the first game I ever played, and it was when Rare was still Rareware, in its prime. I also enjoy Super Mario 64, Super Mario World, and Pokemon Crystal and Yellow (All those games are still great to this day!)

anime back when toonami was on cartoon network in my childhood once piece beyblade pokemon then they got rid of it and i found an other channel with helsing code geas death note spooky kitaro and so on man those were the days but now we have internet for that