Help with Fern in the Grand Hall (Steel Monotype)

N1bel

Hey guys, I need some help with beating Fern when you battle him the the grand hall after Shelly, usually he would be easy, but the combination of his Roserade having hidden power fire, giga drain, extrasensory, sleep powder, and leftovers is proving to be difficult. The pokemon that I currently have are Mawile, Klang, Foretress, Wormadam-T, Onix, and Empoleon, all at lvl 35 with exception to Empoleon who is lvl 36. Have any advice? I can post sets and other info if you think that would help.

Thanks!

One of your best bets is to probably attempt to inflict a status on that roserade, like paralysis to cut its speed, Because empoleon seems like the only pokemon on your team capable of surviving from roserade, try using a move like drill peck to end roserade.

Let me see, that Roserade might be a Pain with Sleep Powder but you could try setting up your Klingklang on his Ferroseed (though it'd be a long and painful battle) to one shot his roserade with Grind Gear then. I don't know if you have that berry that lets you wake up (Chesto, that's it), but you could try that to get a free hit in. My advice is pretty limited though due to making harder versions of these guys so I don't remember old movesets very well. Onix is worthless in this fight so using Rock Tomb on Roserade is probably your best move with him.