[Interest Check/Brainstorm I guess?] Touhou RP?

Chevaleresse

If you don't know what Touhou is, http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19280

Basically girls causing all sorts of fuckery with magical powers and then settling it over giant bullet hell duals and/or tea.

I'll admit that I have no ideas for a plot or any mechanics at all, and I'm not particularly interested in hosting, but I think having one would be cool, so this is an interest check in the rawest sense.

EDIT: Ideas are always welcome, crappy or not.

One major problem would be character creation. You'd need to have a VERY in-depth understanding of Japanese mythology to find a Youkai race to play. Additionally, human characters in the touhouverse are generally super underpowered - with a few (read: 4, 5 if you count Youmu) exceptions.

There are a few "youkai" that aren't from Japanese myth specifically, though, aren't there? As well as "half-youkai" like werewolves and such, along with beings like celestials and fairies that aren't youkai at all.

EDIT: For a non-exhaustive list of species someone could play without really treading on a unique character:

-Half-human half-youkai. I think Rinnosuke might be the only one in the canon right now but it's not exactly implausible for more to exist.

-A fairy.

-Therianthropes. Werewolves and the like, though they work a bit differently than the typical ones.

-Lots of different animal youkai. Mice, hell ravens, cats, you name it, though you'd probably want to look up a bit more detail.

-Hermits, though this would again take a bit more research than one might be willing to do.

-Maybe Lunarians?

-A magician, either youkai or otherwise.

-Oni, though this kind of invokes some questions as to how powerful PCs would be allowed to be.

-Tengu, there are a few of them already and they come with the bonus of having multiple types.

-Just a generic, unspecified youkai, which exist in several places.

-Vampires, though this comes with another question of power levels.

-Western mythological creatures, since we've seen a couple in Gensokyo.

-A ghost, phantom, etc.

• 2 months later...

NRYOOM~ (Again)

Oi, so I was thinking (and playing Touhou) And I thought that this needs to somehow incorporate the same feeling you get in danmaku when there's just bullets everywhere and ninja dodging

How? IDFK, but it would make it like super duper much good

NRYOOM~ (Again)

Oi, so I was thinking (and playing Touhou) And I thought that this needs to somehow incorporate the same feeling you get in danmaku when there's just bullets everywhere and ninja dodging

How? IDFK, but it would make it like super duper much good

IDK what RPG system we're going to use... if push comes to shove I could teach Adamance "Big Eyes Small Mouth", an anime RPG or OVA which is simlar but uses dice pools. There is a Big Eyes Small Mouth d6 system theough.

Ah OK. We could be tackling problems or special threats Reimu and Marissa don't have time for.

This actually sounds like a good idea, as discussed in PM. We could actually offload this and turn this into a PvP sort of thing, where one person plays the "antagonist" that starts an incident (and maybe others that are working with you) and others play the ones trying to solve it.