Pokemon Rebalanced: Red

wootius

Pokémon Rebalanced: Red

This is a project to improve almost every Pokémon until they are usable in some way during battle.

I intend to do this by:

• Standardizing and redistributing every included Pokémon's Stats(BSTs), with an eye toward keeping any character they had.
  • Raking through the movepools of every included Pokémon and adding where it's needed.
  • Redistributing the better/more battle useful Abilities to more Pokémon and adding more Abilities in general.
  • Lastly, type additions/changes. There should be very few of these.

What I don't want to do is give every Pokémon Multiscale and Draco Meteor, but to increase weaker Pokémon's BSTs and movepools to where they can compete with each other as equally as possible. If the Pokémon is totally devoid of any character, or if it could be useful to contrast it with another Pokémon of the same typing and "animal" type I'll do so.

Arbok and Seviper make a nice example, as I'd like to further Arbok as a bulky physical sweeper while making Seviper a special counterpart with a new special version of Intimidate.

Making trainer battles challenging by both making Pokémon better, improving their AI, and giving them teams worth fighting is the next goal. Gym leaders should be a major, but fair, challenge now. Rival battles are going to be major pains in the butt.

Not all 721 Pokemon will be in this hack. I'm thinking 350 tops, 300 if I do a cut down. I don't want to overload Kanto with everything under the sun.

I'm doing this in a remake of Red to iron out the Pokémon details and gain experience with RPG Maker XP. I hope to make the base Red plot more interesting with some additions to Team Rocket's actions and making the NPCs more involved overall. You are still the hero however, you just have some help with time.

===Other Features===

• Turbo, like on emulators.
  • Gen 6 support. No super EXP Share however.
  • Offical Battles: Gym and E4 battles are between equal sized teams.
  • Random Gym leader teams. Lose the first time? They might not have the same team!
  • Expanded Kanto Pokedex of ~320 Pokémon. All Pokémon are evolvable.
  • Entire new areas added to Kanto. Visit other places too!
  • A fast cycling Day/Night system(FL's Unreal time system), 24 minutes to a ingame day, for ease of nighttime encounters and plant growth.
  • Increased double battle importance.
  • Fair, but challenging difficulty.
  • A chance at a second Rival.
  • Following Pokémon.
  • IV/EV Screen.
  • Reusable TMs.
  • Single Rod type, gained early.
  • Gain other starters via trade or catching.
  • 1% Shiny Chance.
  • Voltorb Flip in the Game Corner.
  • Type Changes vs Gen 6
  • Rock is no longer weak to Water
  • Fairy only resists Dragon
  • Ice is no longer weak to Rock
  • Steel resists Dark and Ghost once again

===Story===

The base story is still the same. Leave Pallet Town, start your Pokemon journey, get waylaid by Team Rocket, remove them because they're a bunch of assholes, and remind Dicks Blue who's boss.

The doing has changed. Major NPCs are much more active, helping you out or even teaming up with you. Minor NPCs react to events, at least locally. There's a second rival to engage with alongside Dicks Blue. Major story events play out much differently and a few big events have been added.

Overall, I wanted to keep Red/Blue/Yellow intact but add meat to the story.

===Demo!===

I've completed the storyline and eventing up to the end of Saffron City! That's five gyms, two caves, two ships, a Rocket base, a vacation, the Pokémon Tower, and Silph Co. I've rebalanced all ~280 Pokémon currently in the game. A hundred new moves are in and slotted into movesets. Following Help14's Pokémon is in. FL's numerous scripts are in. A EV/IV Screen is in.

Controls

• Arrow keys: Movement
  • Alt: Turbo
  • C: Confirm
  • X: Cancel
  • Z: Run Toggle
  • F5: Registered Item

Hosted on the subreddit. A few minor issues. Mac? Try this. If you are a windows user, I recommend running it in XP compatibility mode.

• The Gen 6 addon has introduced these non-crashing battle errors I have trouble tracking down...
  • Recoil is buggy
  • Going to Slateport has issues. I advise you not to go yet.

Feedback welcome!

A pastebin/post/text file/google doc of any errors you run into would be appreciated!

===Screenshots & misc===

Demo 2.0 release video

Story Screens

https://imgur.com/a/QH2GB

New Abillites

https://imgur.com/a/KacJn#0

Spreadsheets if that's your thing.

Random things

Flying Pikachu!
bxsyJ7X.png

Credits

===========The Big Ones
Nintendo and Gamefreak: For making the base games, for all the awesome art and music, and the game I've spent too much time on.
Art assets, music, and base game concept goes to them.
Pokémon Essentials, Current Leader: Maruno
The Pokémon engine for RMXP.
http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Essentials_Wiki
Information: veekun.com
The best database for Pokémon gameplay info there is.
Information: Bulbapedia.com
The best database for all other info.
Betas: Heaven Canceler(best beta) and <Insert friend name here>

===========Big Overhauls
Elite Battle 2015, Leader: Luka S.J.
Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials, Leader: mej71
Help-14's Following Pokémon Script, Even More Fixes and Additions to: Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, and venom12
Curt's Region Starter (Map) Kit.

===========Scripts
Unreal time system: FL
Turbo: Myself, with comments from Luka S.J.
Multiple save files 2.2: mej71
Pokémon dropping items after battle: aramant16
Wild Battles that can result in Double Battles: Derxwna Kapsyla
HgSs run activation: FL
Pokémon Selection: FL
Show Species Introdution: FL
Simple HUD: FL, edited by SunakazeKun and Myself
Screenshot Taker: Jet10985 (Jet)
aramant16
Derxwna Kapsyla
MAK1N0
Umbreon
Stochastic

==========Art
gloomydayze-d333qjp = Red/Blue vs image
Honeedge and evos: Zermonious
UltimoSpriter from DeviantArt
Wesleyfg from DeviantArt
BoOmxBiG from Deviant Art
lightbulb15 from Deviant Art
tyranitardark from Deviant Art
Lark125 from PokeCommunity
Midnitez Remix from Deviant Art
LotusKing from Deviant Art
Zerudez from Deviant Art
NPCs: Cast+Silentninja

===========Misc
Fake Name Generator
Paint.net
RPG Maker XP
My Ti-89

=========Art, don't remember if I still have it in.
07harris/Paranoid
19dante91
27alexmad27
Alistair
Alucus
Alucus
Atomika
Bakura155
Blue Beedrill
Boomxbig
Bulbapedia and Bulbaforums
chimcharsfireworkd
Chio
CNickC/CNC
Dewitty
Flood
Fused
G-olden
help14
Jesse TBPro
lordindy
Kizemaru_Kurunosuke
klnothincomin
Kuroda-Taiki
Kymotonian
Newtiteuf
Novus
Pokemon_Diamond
PrinceLegendario
Reck
Red-Gyrados
REMY35
RHN
Saurav
Scarexshivaking
Seiyouh
SL249
spaceemotion
spypoke megafc
ThePokemonChronicles

• 3 months later...

I haven't played much, but so far I love this! I don't know what it is, but you're doing something right! Keep it up!

Ps. Had me hyped just from the title screen song XD Dayum

Edit: Btw have Ledian's stats been changed? I always thought ledian looked cool and with the Iron fist ability it should be a physical attacker. but instead it's like specially defensive and has horrible attack. I was just wondering id you've changed it's stats any so i could decide if I wanted to use him or not

Edited by Atlas105

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't played much, but so far I love this! I don't know what it is, but you're doing something right! Keep it up!

Ps. Had me hyped just from the title screen song XD Dayum

Edit: Btw have Ledian's stats been changed? I always thought ledian looked cool and with the Iron fist ability it should be a physical attacker. but instead it's like specially defensive and has horrible attack. I was just wondering id you've changed it's stats any so i could decide if I wanted to use him or not

Way late, but I have. Everything catachable or used by an AI Trainer has been edited.