Galladiator

So I played through the game a few times and loved it. I restarted while waiting for ep.16 to come out and wanted to try something new, since now I pretty much know how to get everything. Wasn't really interested in the monotype runs I've seen a lot of people talk about, so I invented a new way to playthrough.

Shiny Playthrough Rules:

-Basically you have to catch and use and shiny pokemon you find, regardless of nature or IVs. except obviously at the beginning. But once you find 6 that's your team until you find other shinys you might like better.

-You don't HAVE to use every one you find except the first 6, then you can pick and choose from them just like normal, but only shinys.

- No resetting to try and get a certain pokemon to be shiny, like an event pokemon. If it isn't shiny then too bad move on. The purpose of this playthrough is to use what the game gives you, so don't cheat the system.

- Similar note, don't just stay in one area until you find the shiny you'r looking for. For example dont say "i wont challenge shelly's gym until I get a shiny graveler." defeats the whole purpose.

I've found this to be really challenging and fun. Its making me use pokemon I wouldn't consider using before and it really forces you to find each pokemon's gimmick that makes it useful. Plus theres just something cooler about shinys. I'm currently at Kiki's gym and suprisingly cruising through many of the parts that gave me trouble on previous runs. I almost considered giving up when my first four shinys were 2 hoothoots, a meowth, and (god help me) a sentret. But then my next three were shuppet sewaddle and noibat and life got better. Also noctowl is way better that I thought. Anyway I'm really enjoying this and I invite others to try it out. definitely reccomend

So how would the shiny charm fit into this? I feel like you could use it's powers to abuse the system a little.

i think that if they already said that the point was a challenge then i wouldnt increase the shiny chance.

it's already pretty high so i think this would be pushing it