Pancham or Makuhita?

Restal

I've recently caught a Makuhita and a Pancham. I was wondering which one I should train.

The makuhita is level thirteen but has a decent nature, perfect attack iv's and great defensive and hp iv's w/ sheer force.

the pancham has pretty bad ivs.. 10 attack/20 spa/23 hp/6 spd/25 def/9 speed which is pretty bad. iron fist and sassy. it's level eighteen so I wouldn't have to grind as much..

i usually use a makuhita for cradily but I was wondering if i could scrape by with the pancham just to have some diversity.

any thoughts?

Pancham is.... terrible in Reborn. Makuhita is by far the better choice, both in the near and long run. By the time Pancham can evolve you have access to better Fighting types such as Gallade, Medicham, Scrafty, Toxicroak just to name a few. If you want variety, try Pancham but if you're thinking of usefulness rather than trying out different thing than Makuhita is a no-brainer.

Since you're before Florinia, there are tons of trainers around there you can battle. If you already battled them all, then it's not a waste to get Makuhita the 20s before taking on the gym

Edited by wytch_doctr

I think it's been said already, but Pancham is a decent Pokemon if you like variety. It will get the job done against Cradily in the immediate future and it will find it's uses - but Makuhita is just too much of a steal in the early game, with various uses even after Florinia.

That being said, I'll suggest Pancham for novelty. Pangoro is a very bulky Pokemon and while it's moveset is mediocre it will eventually be able to handle the role a Scrafty would just as well, without taking recoil from missed Hi Jump Kicks.

The way I see it, Pangoro is a better comparable Pokemon to Scrafty than it is to Hariyama. As silly as it would sound, Hariyama is a solid teammate throughout the entirety of the game.

• 8 years later...
On 11/30/2015 at 9:59 PM, Restal said:

I've recently caught a Makuhita and a Pancham. I was wondering which one I should train.

The makuhita is level thirteen but has a decent nature, perfect attack iv's and great defensive and hp iv's w/ sheer force.

the pancham has pretty bad ivs.. 10 attack/20 spa/23 hp/6 spd/25 def/9 speed which is pretty bad. iron fist and sassy. geometry dash lite can be incredibly frustrating at times, but it is important to remember that everyone struggles with it, it's level eighteen so I wouldn't have to grind as much..

i usually use a makuhita for cradily but I was wondering if i could scrape by with the pancham just to have some diversity.

any thoughts?

If you want more diversity and don't mind the limitations of Pancham's IVs and nature, you can try it out.
If you prioritize speed and want to avoid grinding, Pancham's higher level might be appealing.