Pokemon for Android? (or other Smartphones)

BrutaLotus

I'm looking out for a while now and am still searching for a thrilling game that can also be played on a Smartphone^^

So far I've seen things like "LightPlatinum" or "Glazed" which had been kinda interesting at first, but not so much in the longrun as Reborn :-)

(and not to mention that the bigger games are only playable on pc)

Sometimes I'm at the train station and only a few or more minutes left, but no space or seat for putting out my laptop. So, what to do? Out with the smartphone.

Most (or all I've seen so far) pokemon games for smartphone use an emerald / platinum version and put it in the game-boy-advance format, which can then be easily played by an emulator.

I don't mind them using that. Just wanted to know, if there are other ways as well :-)

Now you know what I'm searching and I'm looking forward to results =)

Edited by BrutaLotus

Hm, personally, I don't think any ROM hack can top a RPG Maker XP game like Reborn, but there are some decent ones that don't have the generic plotline:

Pokemon Snakewood: Okay, this game does have some faults like the tile errors, the fact that all three starters suck in this game, and the artificial difficulty (mainly because you're almost always below the level of Gym Leaders or even random Trainers, but the plot is actually decent. It takes place in Hoenn facing a zombie apocalypse, and you have to find your brother (the Champion) and Professor Oak's daughter (May). I haven't finished with it, since I have no clue what to do after getting the Fortree Badge, though.

Pokemon Dark Rising: Again, if you can handle the artificial difficulty, the story is (from what I've heard) great. However, I, like many others, never finished it because only one of my Pokemon was at the same level as the Trainers, while all the others were still struggling in their 20s.

Pokemon Gaia: I haven't actually played this one, but I hear it's wonderful, especially due to Gen 6 mechanics, although I don't know much about the plotline.

The last two are FireRed hacks, but they're still playable on the GBA emulator.

I also suggest the increased difficulty games like Fire Red Omega: they're like the original games, but better due to Pokemon getting buffs and real increased difficulty (like Reborn difficulty).

My game Pokemon Hierarchy is actually looking for a Java programmer to help us make an android version of our game, we also found a working engine for that! Now since we have rmgmaker mv we can make android fan games!

I've played quite some good ROM hacks before, don't mind sharing them with you.

- As stated before, Snakewood, with a ROM base of Ruby. Tbh, good in the beginning, but gets a little too sloppy nearing the end. Although there are still funny plot twists, it lost its appeal to me.

- Fire Red Omega, which has also been said before. ROM base of Fire Red, of course. Basically what Chubb said it was. Definitely worth trying, although it's not nearly as hard as the other Drayano hacks.

- Dark Rising (and Dark Rising 2) with Fire Red ROM bases. Kind of ridiculous level curves, but an interesting storyline. Dark Rising has been finished but can be buggy at times, while I'm not sure about Dark Rising 2, as I haven't played it.

- I dunno anything about Gaia, but iirc, it hasn't been finished yet.

- Ash Gray, with a ROM base of Fire Red. This hack follows the journey of anime protagonist Ash Ketchum. Really, try this one. It's great in my opinion. It also gets updated quite frequently.

- Pokemon Adventure - Red Chapter, with a ROM base of Fire Red. Follows the story of manga protagonist Red, with a few tweaks of mons and such. A really great game I can recommend playing.

- Sweet Version, with a ROM base of Fire Red. Try. This. One. Custom type chart, with types like Blueberry, Raspberry, Strawberry, Cherry and Chocolate! Custom region, custom areas, PokéSweets instead of Pokémon... Seriously, what more do you want? Get it.

- Alternate Evolutions, with a ROM base of Fire Red. Legendary. It's basically still the same as regular Fire Red, but made more difficult. I'm talking more difficult than Fire Red Omega. The best thing is that the evolutions have been changed. Like, Squirtle evolves into Wartortle, but Wartortle doesn't evolve into Blastoise, but a different mon instead! Really worth trying.

- Ruby Destiny series, with a ROM base of Ruby. They're all pretty good, but I can especially recommend Life of Guardians. You can choose yourself whether you want to be on the good or the bad side at a time in the game, or if you'd rather go neutral. Custom mons are also in. Really great game.

- Flora Sky, with a ROM base of Emerald. Another game that was really well made. Never made it to the finish before, but one of the games I could recommend, seeing how far I've played. Also one of the only hacks that uses Emerald as a base.

I'm pretty sure I forgot some hacks. When I think of others, I might put them up here too.

• 4 weeks later...

Sry guys, took me a month to find out, that this thread got answers -.-'

Well, half of them I've already tried, some were ok, some were quite good.

Besides Reborn (where I am stuck with Noel right now) I'm trying out Snakewood right now.

Kinda trolling around in the beginning, not telling you what Pokemon you got (quick save and load \-banzai-/),

I took Baltoy, and first boss (levitating legless corpse) got a dark type pokemon :I

Or going up with the level of pokemon you are pitted against like its nothing, while the wild is still in the single digit level ^^'

Letting Prof Birch steal a pokemon egg, and as it was hatched, guess what,

you fight with "Mysterius Egg", and later against an opponent who got "Secret Egg" ?!? x)

But the concept and story are interesting, so I keep going.

Thanks again guys :)

I'm going to try out quite a few after I'm through with Snakewood ^^

Edited by BrutaLotus