Why I am now proud to say I am a weeaboo! (With a My Fair Lady parody)

Ringabel

I find the moment that an American media fan makes friends with me, they become stupid, immature, boring, someone with which I have no common ground, and a damn jackass. And I find the moment that I make friends with an American media fan, I become rude, ego-headed, and Manfred von Karma-like. So here I am. Good ol' Weeaboo and hopeful to remain so. After all, Cartoon Network's programming.

I'm a normal soul. Who desires nothing more than just the fair chance to play any games he wants, and watch any animation he wants. A normal soul am I. Of no impossible whim. Who likes to live his life, free of strife. Doing whatever he thinks is best him. Just a simple little soul.

But... Let an American in your life; and your peace is doomed! They'll insult your taste from what you love to what you see as waste! And go on to have over-spiting fun in over-hating you! Let an American in your life:And you're close to cutting off their balls! Pick a game or show and you will find, they have something garbage in mind. So instead of doing one or the other, you do something else no one wants to bother with at all! You want to talk of games or anime, they only want to talk of sports. You go to have a calm talk, and every word of their's makes your head hurt! Let an American in your life:And wish them unholy strife!

Let them get those ponies in hand, with over-acting sweat glands. I might as well be willing for my blood to be spilling than to ever let an American in my life!

I'm a very funny soul. Even-tempered and good-willing with the joy of fun by the pound in every vain. A fun-loving soul am I. Down to my private tip. Who never could, never would, let a hateful remark come from his lips. Just a very joyful soul.

But, let an American in your life:And fun hasn't got and chance! They will beg you for media to enjoy, you reply won't have any dose of koi, and then they say they'll check it out while only taking media from their trash, American spout! You are a soul of joy and kindness, who never spoke a hateful hush. Then all at once you're using words, that would have South Park blush! Let an American in your life:And you're rushing for the knife!

Let those with no prefex, shove bad media down their necks. I'd prefer a boosted addition of NSA inquisition than to ever let an American in my life! I'm skype-bound little soul, who prefers to spent in evening in with skype friends in this room, with an in-the-flesh person count as low as King Tut's tomb. A peaceful soul am I. Of 3DS brought joys. Who likes cartoon watching, playable character-bossing. Far from the outside worlds mad, insane noise.

BUT! Let an American in your life:And your kindness is through! In a line that never ends come folks with just as shitty media taste blends, come chatter and to blabber and to tell you what the matter is with the tastes that make you! They'll have a booming, over-sized army, who attack you all in-mass! They'll awful lies labeled as music, with bass that shatters glass! Let an American in your life! LET AN AMERICAN IN YOUR LIFE!

LET AN AMERICAN IN YOUR LIFE!......

I will never let an American media fan in my life again.

Edited by Ringabel

Is this a statement on the "simple-headed qualities" of an American who keeps up with modern media?

Yes. All of their media is crap. And every time I try to talk to one of the people who like such media, they find one the problems listed at the first line. With only two of these people who having been enjoyable. Maybe three if the third one talked.

Edited by Ringabel

Well generalizing all forms of media as crap based only on country of origin doesn't sound like a good thing to do. I can testify from direct experience (on the account of being italian) that Italy produces entire oceans of crap, but still, the many great movies and the occasional semi-decent TV program (not to mention books, which are also media) prevent me from labeling everything as crap. I find it difficult to believe that a country as big and as diverse as USA is unable to produce a single saving grace in all forms of media, and this comes from someone who isn't a big fan of USA to begin with.

If your comment was sarcastic and/or continuing on the previous reference, and I am still utterly failing at getting the point of this topic, I apologize ;-;

Yes. All of their media is crap. And every time I try to talk to one of the people who like such media, they find one the problems listed at the first line. With only two of these people who having been enjoyable. Maybe three if the third one talked.

It's a cultural difference. Appreciation for media differs from culture to culture. Making the generalization in believing that all modern American media is inept quality is close-minded enough that your claims fall short, even if only alluded to. If the pattern goes that a few Americans you've spoken to present their country's media in a poor light, then speak with more- a small number of Americans does not represent the population as a whole.

Well generalizing all forms of media as crap based only on country of origin doesn't sound like a good thing to do. I can testify from direct experience (on the account of being italian) that Italy produces entire oceans of crap, but still, the many great movies and the occasional semi-decent TV program (not to mention books, which are also media) prevent me from labeling everything as crap. I find it difficult to believe that a country as big and as diverse as USA is unable to produce a single saving grace in all forms of media, and this comes from someone who isn't a big fan of USA to begin with.

If your comment was sarcastic and/or continuing on the previous reference, and I am still utterly failing at getting the point of this topic, I apologize ;-;

eh.

I have one game. Hearthstone. And there's also YouTube stuff. But everyone's American in that.

EDIT:Also that current Littlest Pet Shop show. My version of MLP.

Edited by Ringabel

Sorry for double post. But you never did.

I'll make it quick

Placing all things Japanese on a pedestal is fetishization. Rather than seeing the country for what it is, you carry around a romanticized version of it an boil it down to the traits you like. You may as well walk around saying "I actually have no respect for Japan as a nation and the people/culture(s) that make it up".

Shit ain't groovy.

• Veterans

I'll make it quick

Placing all things Japanese on a pedestal is fetishization. Rather than seeing the country for what it is, you carry around a romanticized version of it an boil it down to the traits you like. You may as well walk around saying "I actually have no respect for Japan as a nation and the people/culture(s) that make it up".

Shit ain't groovy.

^ This.

Calling yourself a weaboo is practically placing yourself with a group of people who are actually looked down upon by Japanese, simply for it being fetishizing, gross and disrespectful towards their culture.

For illustration...

1262384489116.jpg

And also this:

Weeaboos: an internet slang used in English-speaking regions to describe a Gaijin (foreigner in Japanese) displaying a heavy bias towards everything from Japan or virtually exiling oneself from the indigenous culture (also known as “outside”) in pursuit of the “superlative.”

Aaaand that's bad. You really shouldn't do that, it's really disrespectful.

Edited by Zumi