Shade's Gym

Wither

Hi guys, i've been playing a little this game in the last month. I reached now Shade's Gym, to start the power on again. My problem is that he is beating me up too easly. I even trained a couple of phantoms the last 2 days, that i got in the same power plant, but even that, i can't pass him.

My team (at least for now, it's not my "main" team, but one that i thought could stand the ghosts) is:

Charizard - Lvl 38

Dusclops - Lvl 37

Cofagrigus - Lvl 37

Pachirisu - Lvl 35

Graveler - Lvl 35

Magneton - Lvl 33

Any recomendations?? i was thinking a normal pokemon to battle (since phantom attacks will not touch it), but since mostly their attacks are also normal, it would be a 2 way disadvantage.

Thanks

Here are a few tips:

1. Level up everyone to level 37-39, at level 33 Magneton can't do much.
  2. Evolve Graveler, there's a Link Stone in sell at the Grand Staircase for $10000.
  3. Drop Dusclops. he can't do much in this gym, and grab a Dark type pokémon (Drapion is the best one in this point of the game).

Ok, i'll try to level them up to 37/39. I already have the link stone, but i don't know if i should use it in Graveler, since i believe it's still not sold in the stores, so it's the only one i got. With Dusclops i found out he takes the "punches" more hardly, dk why...either way, i have Curse with him, so i usually use it with Gengar. I don't have any dark types, except for Poocheena; and Pursuit with Dusclops (also have Assurancewith Primeape, but he can do much in this gym)

Also, idk if it could help, but i caught a Beartic and a Donphan in the cavern down there, both in level 42...The only thing is that becuase of the badges, they don't always do what you tell them

I'll keep trying, if someone has any other idea, i'm all ears

Well you should have made a post --->HERE<---- instead of making you own thread. Anyway get a dark type like Mightyena and train it and use it to sweep the first few pokemons of shade. well you can use magneton to do tons of electric damage. also you can read more strategy of beating shade at the official gym leader help thread there are a lot of post/ people asking how to beat shade ect ect.

I have beaten this gym a couple of days ago. A psychic type will be a great help against his gengar. Furthermore a fire type against his doublade and trevenant will come in handy, and a water type against chandelure. My biggest probem was his Rotom....

What type is Doublade though? You can use Donphan to wreck Chandelure and Doublade easily. You can try evolving Graveler to Golem, so more protection. Try beating the first 3 since it can knock out most of your pokemons easily.

Thanks to all for your replies, i was able to finally beat Shade...I did it just leveling a little more each pokemon, and training a Diggersby, since it's normal/ground, nor electric nor phantom attacks did anything to him...Him in 35, and the rest (Charizard, Cofagrigus, Magneton, Pachirisu and Graveler) in 38/39...Cofagrigus first with Ominous Wind to force Shade use the Ultra pots on Gengar, then finishing it, Charizard for Trevenant, Pachirisu for Banette, Graveler/Charizard for Chandelure, and Rotom, Magneton for Doublade and support of the rest

Next time i'll use the thread, i'm still not used to use Forums in general (i usually only read them for clues or whatever)

Thanks