Samson too strong for my poor pokemon

Baczoni

Hey guys i am playing this game for a while and i thougth after more than 20 hours of gameplay that i got into the game. But no i can't beat samson i couldn't even call out his 4th pokemon (yea i'm a looser just like Fern said) they are my helpfull mates

http://imgur.com/xUwemW3 .if you guys could give some advice, I can't get out of the circus i can catch only a limited number of pokemon,

Thx

First of all, are your mons about level 65-70? if not, it would help a lot to train them up. there's a clown in the circus who has rebattleable teams so you can grind there.

Second, the "Official Gym Leader Help Thread" http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13527 is generally where these questions should go

As im looking on your team it seems u have everythink to beat him just to lvl up :) Gardevoir have big SpD so his Ace wount be problem for u once u make it there :D next problem is Hawlucha :D

Why do you have Fearow? I would replace him with Hawlucha or braviary, though Fearow is still good for this fight.

Note that Samson opens up with one of his strongest pokemon which most gym leaders don't. Hariyama will destroy any fairy type with heavy slam so I would only send her out against him if she can one-shot him surely.

Also mienshao and Lucario will probably outspeed Gardevoir, with Mienshao having poison jab which will hurt Gardevoir a lot. I would save Gardevoir for his Ace and Blaziken, both of whom should fall easily to her assuming she's up to level.

Lucario usually starts off with swords dance but won't go down in one hit because it has a focus sash. That's a good thing actually, because if the sash activates Samson almost always heals him. Next attack will KO him anyway. But don't risk sending out a pokemon in red against him because it has extremespeed.

Thing is half your team can't last more than one attack from Samson, and having something to withstand his attacks is important. I would probably replace Sceptile and Scrafty with Hawlucha and something else that can take Samson's moves while dishing out damage. Donphan's earthquake is good against Blaziken and Lucario, but he's slow. Thing is, he has sturdy, so he'll land big hurts regardless. Don't use him against Hawlucha though.

I could have sworn the level cap is 65 for Samson, but leveling up Gardevoir should help you take care of a good chunk of his team. Ampharos is golden against his Hawlucha with is what gave me problems with him. There's also a Hawlucha that can be caught in the wild to use against him if it's so much of a problem.

I'm guessing you got the Gardevoir from the corrupted poke ball?.

Alright, Samson is very easy if you use "Destiny Bond".

Go to Byxbysion Wasteland and catch "Misdreavus" (Talk to the Tombstone, Beat Kiki's Ghost and then catch it). That pokemon has "Destiny Bond"

Level it up to at least 68 and then buy a lot of revives

"Mismagius" has a good speed. Spam Samson with "Destiny Bond", keep reviving Gardevior and Mismagius and kill his pokemons one after the other with "Destiny Bond"

That's what i did and it was the easiest battle ever.

^Well no duh it was easy, revives are the most broken thing in the single player game, especially combined with destiny bond. But you're really cheating yourself out of the Reborn experience if you just rely on abusing revives every big fight, not to mention making your team worse in the long run.

Plus he can't get misdreavus anymore.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

Okay first of all, the guy asked how to defeat Samson and I just gave him a way to defeat him easily. He didn't specifically say that he doesn't want to spam or use revives (which I think is a legit way and not cheating) If he doesn't want to take my opinion then it's up to him. I had a rough time beating him so I used this method and it worked.i find it very disrespectful to give a bad remark about an answer you don't like. You don't see me finding flaws in your answer and just parade it around in a forum. So please next time if you have an opinion about an answer you don't like just keep it to yourself or just pm the person who put the answer and express your opinion. Second, you can catch Misdreavus in episode 15 because that is the version I'm using, and I caught one. That Misdreavus has destiny bond and so is the ralts in the corrupted poke ball

Edited by Nivircity

With sceptile, teach it nature power. That move becomes acrobatics on the high striker field, and will always get double damage regardless of whether you hold an item or not due to the field. That should make some of samson's team easier to beat, if it has lots of speed investment like it should.

Okay first of all, the guy asked how to defeat Samson and I just gave him a way to defeat him easily. He didn't specifically say that he doesn't want to spam or use revives (which I think is a legit way and not cheating) If he doesn't want to take my opinion then it's up to him. I had a rough time beating him so I used this method and it worked.i find it very disrespectful to give a bad remark about an answer you don't like. You don't see me finding flaws in your answer and just parade it around in a forum. So please next time if you have an opinion about an answer you don't like just keep it to yourself or just pm the person who put the answer and express your opinion. Second, you can catch Misdreavus in episode 15 because that is the version I'm using, and I caught one. That Misdreavus has destiny bond and so is the ralts in the corrupted poke ball

It's not cheating, but revives is essentially allowing the player to bring more than 6 pokemon in a fight by bringing back a knocked out pokemon, which isn't cheating as far as the game is concerned but is pretty unfair(a large reason the AI in any game never does it), plus it's just a bad habit to get into as you're not learning how to properly manage your team during battle when you should and might even use it as a crutch. The game only gets harder from here on and needs to have strong team options all around, not just cheap gimmicks. Hawlucha is a good pokemon not just for Samson, but for some tougher fights later on too which is why I recommended it. The guy above had a good strat with Sceptile too, one which I didn't even consider.

I'm not trying to just give him easy exploits to win(plus it can backfire anyway if Mismagius gets outsped and one-shotted somehow), I want him to learn the game in a way that makes him better at it too while really learning the different nuances and details of Reborn, which I feel are lost by revive spamming. Destiny Bond is already powerful enough alone, which is why it needs you to basically give up a pokemon to use it. By removing that drawback using revives you've essentially just broken half the game.

Sorry for being mean about it, I just really really dislike how abusable revives are which is a personal peeve of mine. If I had it my way you wouldn't be able to use them in battle at all but that's not how the game works so boohoo for me :P

But, the really important flaw with your suggestion, and worth pointing out most, is that he's locked within Agate and Route 2 ATM, meaning that he can't go back and get Misdreavus if he doesn't have it already. It's fine to give advice, but I think if someone sees a flaw in the advice given, they should be able to point it out. If Sceptile dude above told me that removing Sceptile is a bad move and posted his suggestione, I would've been alright with it.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

With sceptile, teach it nature power. That move becomes acrobatics on the high striker field, and will always get double damage regardless of whether you hold an item or not due to the field. That should make some of samson's team easier to beat, if it has lots of speed investment like it should.

That's a very good point, as Sceptile is decently balanced with attack and spatk, so acrobatics would mostly kill. but from experience, the tankier ones of Samson's team (Conkeldurr, Hariyama) won't die from acrobatics alone, since there isn't STAB. So investing in a Hawlucha would be a good idea too. I also had the Mienshao and Hawlucha outspeed my Sceptile so yeah, it's not very reliable.

Also, does the Mamoswine still have Ice Shard? because a STAB Priority move is very good for finishing off opponents if they're too fast. It does a decent amount to Hawlucha regardless, too.

Edited by wytch_doctr

That's a very good point, as Sceptile is decently balanced with attack and spatk, so acrobatics would mostly kill. but from experience, the tankier ones of Samson's team (Conkeldurr, Hariyama) won't die from acrobatics alone, since there isn't STAB. So investing in a Hawlucha would be a good idea too. I also had the Mienshao and Hawlucha outspeed my Sceptile so yeah, it's not very reliable.

Also, does the Mamoswine still have Ice Shard? because a STAB Priority move is very good for finishing off opponents if they're too fast. It does a decent amount to Hawlucha regardless, too.

Hmm, forgot about that. In that case, something that may help is to use a pokemon with sturdy that can set stealth rock to start the match, and then sack it, weaken hariyama, and then use a flying gem on sceptile to trigger unburden should it have that ability. That will allow it to outpace everything samson has while getting around lucario's focus sash. You won't get past conkeldurr unfortunately, but it will help for the vast majority that way.

Alternatively, have mamoswine lead turn 1, reteach it mist with a heart scale, and sacrifice it to set up mist changing the field to the mist field. That will weaken samson badly doing that for a few turns.

I'd also consider catching a boldore from route 2 and make sure it has stealth rock and nature power taught to it. A nice trick to deal with samson's conkeldurr I've found is to have gigalith go up against it. Conkeldurr will outspeed and bring it down to sturdy, you then use nature power to hit it with acrobatics. Drain punch will recover stuff all health in this way, while weakening it enough for a team-mate to KO (It is unbelievably difficult to one shot that poke). Gigalith is also a godsend against the gym leader after samson, so its well worth grinding despite being rather annoying to use.

Hmm, forgot about that. In that case, something that may help is to use a pokemon with sturdy that can set stealth rock to start the match, and then sack it, weaken hariyama, and then use a flying gem on sceptile to trigger unburden should it have that ability. That will allow it to outpace everything samson has while getting around lucario's focus sash. You won't get past conkeldurr unfortunately, but it will help for the vast majority that way.

Stealth Rocks are practically useless vs samson, since Fighting resists Rock. Toxic Spikes is much better in this case. Toxic Spikes Roserade resists Fighting and is fast enough to land 2 tox spikes.

Stealth Rocks are practically useless vs samson, since Fighting resists Rock. Toxic Spikes is much better in this case. Toxic Spikes Roserade resists Fighting and is fast enough to land 2 tox spikes.

But some of them may have Guts, so you'll end up helping them more than hurting them. Spikes/Sticky Web is a better hazard in my honest opinion .

Personally I found Samson tough as well but as a fighting type user his most powerful Pokemon are physical heavy hitters which means burn can bring them to their knees really quickly and it has been said already in the thread but just to reinforce Hawlucha is close by and an awesome addition Samson was the first leader I had to get replace one of my regular teammates with something specialized for the fight and Hawlucha performed brilliantly.

oh i forgot to tell i beat him 30 minutes after i posted this topic

EDIT: I had to lvl up gardevoir to lvl 50 and i didn;t had to change any pokemon oh and my sceptile beat that speed boost blaziken that was awesome

BTW thanks for all the tips

Edited by Baczoni